[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Spain and portugal two seperate countries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: fingol.png (3KB, 270x432px) Image search: [Google]
fingol.png
3KB, 270x432px
Why are Spain and portugal two seperate countries?
>>
>>68441123
Why is Japan and China two separate countries?
>>
Spain forced all of the people with HIV AIDS, low IQ, criminal history, and small penises into Portugal.
>>
File: 1481273708494.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1481273708494.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
>>68441691
I didn't see that coming………
>>
>>68441123
i don't even know why Spain is a single country
fucking Franco, how does it work?
>>
>>68441123
History.
The Portuguese also came from a different Germanic group that settled in the Iberia, while the Spanish are Visigoths.
>>68441691
Geography, and fairly differing cultures.
>>
>>68441123
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Restoration_War
>>
>>68441123
suebi=portugal
visigoth=spain
portugal was the most valient kingdom in iberia,spain is a union of kingdoms to form a bigger kingdom.
>>
>The Germanic invaders and immigrants settled mainly in rural areas, as Idacius clearly stated: "The Hispanic, spred over cities and oppida..." and the "Barbarians, govern over the provinces". According to Dan Stanislawski, the Portuguese way of living in Northern regions is mostly inherited from the Suebi, in which small farms prevail, distinct from the large properties of Southern Portugal. Bracara Augusta, the modern city of Braga and former capital of Roman Gallaecia, became the capital of the Suebi. Orosius, at that time resident in Hispania, shows a rather pacific initial settlement, the newcomers working their lands[49] or serving as bodyguards of the locals.[50] Another Germanic group that accompanied the Suebi and settled in Gallaecia were the Buri. They settled in the region between the rivers Cávado and Homem, in the area known as Terras de Bouro (Lands of the Buri).[51]

As the Suebi quickly adopted the local language, few traces were left of their Germanic tongue, but for some words and for their personal and land names, adopted by most of the Galicians.
>>
>>68442596
>suebi=portugal

That's not how you spell "Galicia"
>>
>>68442759
the capital was in braga
>>
>>68442818
But the kingdom's bulk was galicia.
>>
Portugal is different enough from Spain to be its own thing. Spain is too big as it is
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.