[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are most American cities so boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: vfiles13069.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vfiles13069.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Whenever I look at medium sized American cities with ~250k thousand people they always look so boring and lifeless. Just a few skyscrapers slapped in there somewhere and the rest is just suburbs with no culture. Here in Germany, even smaller cities with just 30k people are great and lively. Is American culture really this shitty or is there something I don't know?
>>
Why do you care
>>
>>68393949
Why not
>>
it's really shitty
>>
We all live in suburbs and just commute to the core.
In europe they live in the core.

Simple as that.

For instance in Vancouver as land prices go up more people are living in the core and things are getting more lively. In time America will become more like europe (and I would guess some older states like New england already are?), but we've got a lot of land to populate first.
>>
Isn't the answer obvious? Many of your smaller cities have been on the map for thousands of years. This is the new world brah. A building that's been around for 70 yrs is considered to be "historic" here. Your notion of culture is completely alien here.
>>
>>68394059

>we
>>
>>68394828
The cities are the same Pedro.
>>
As their cities are built around cars (and why should they not, they're not as fucking full), everything is just more spread out, thinner.
>>
>>68394905
>and why should they not
Because it's a drain on resources to transport everything and everyone double as far as you would elsewhere. Also because it promotes segregation and subsequently inequality, and because it accommodates urban planning that is absolutely fucking horrid and only creates lifeless, alienating public space that no one wants to be in and care about.
>>
>>68394844

OP was talking about America specifically. Don't hang on to our coattails Chang
>>
>>68395024
you're putting way too much thought into this
>>
>>68395298
You're putting too little into it.
>>
>>68395024
Oh fuck off will you
>>
>>68395539
>waah let us to what we want even if it's horse shit
>>
>>68393359
Moron
>>
>>68393949
His relatives live there.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.