[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mfw the electoral college ends up voting for Hillary Clinton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 16

File: 1458203525055.jpg (64KB, 669x705px) Image search: [Google]
1458203525055.jpg
64KB, 669x705px
>Mfw the electoral college ends up voting for Hillary Clinton on the 19th and we end up having a legit civil war

Has your country ever had a civil war? What's the best course of action in such a scenario?
>>
>>68369818
>advice
Fight for Queen and country
>>
>>68369818
>the electoral college ends up voting for Hillary Clinton on the 19th and we end up having a legit civil war
zero chance of this happening. i say this as someone who would actually like it if they did.
>>
>>68369818
>Has your country ever had a civil war?
Yes

>What's the best course of action in such a scenario?
Steal cannons and point them at the army.
>>
>>68369818
Can Congress invalidate such a move? I imagine if they can they would simply maintain the original election results.
>>
File: bossman.jpg (67KB, 877x678px) Image search: [Google]
bossman.jpg
67KB, 877x678px
>>68369818
this year

we won
>>
>>68370005
i think she's much more predictable and would be more responsible with the levers of power, she would stop the republican congress from doing everything they want. also it would make all the right wingers in this country go nuts, which would be hilarious.
>>
>>68369818
We had several. The fastest way to end it is to kill the opposing leader in a reconciliation feast.
>>
>>68370127
>le I'm a cuhrazy dood in it for teh lulz.
>>>/b/ is that way underaged poster.
>>
>>68370127
That is a very, very shortsighted way of looking at things.
You know the Dems are exactly powerless as the minority right? Republicans successfully fought many things as the minority in the past.
>>
>>68370219
aren't*
>>
File: 1388407119609.jpg (18KB, 261x296px) Image search: [Google]
1388407119609.jpg
18KB, 261x296px
>>68370232
>Mfw Trump wins the first time but loses the recount to Hillary
>Mfw I get to enjoy both SJW and stormcuck tears before dying in a blaze of glory fighting the NWO
>>
>>68369818
The chance of that happening is somewhere between zilch, nada, and nil.

>There would need to be 34 faithless electors to deny Trump the election; the historical average is 2.75 per election and the all-time high is 23, in 1836
>Any Republican faithless elector would vote for another Republican such as McMullin and Kasich rather than Clinton
>Clinton would need 37 faithless electors to get to the magic 270; see the above two points
>If neither candidate gets 270 by some lightning strike it goes to the House of Representatives, which is Republican-controlled

Sorry buddy, but hey, at least you won the popular vote.
>>
>>68370219
senate dems are limp wristed and useless though
>>68370232
yes but that's mostly over by now.
>>
>people actually think the EC is going to change the results
Please stop.
>>
>>68370219
Republicans are more like wild animals in the sense that, they fight hardest when they are backed into a corner.
>>
>>68370418
>to which Trump replies by going on his Twitter and blaming everyone else for his incompetence

FTFY
>>
>>68370407
If by limp-wristed and useless you mean 'Willing to compromise' unlike the rest of our new wave of politicians then yes.
Solutions are built on compromise, and you must always be willing to hear the arguments of your opponent.
The solutions that founded our very nation was built on compromise between the various parties within it.
>>
>>68370232
Liberals have to wake up every morning for the next 4 years with the knowledge that Donald Trump is their president. There will never be anything funnier than that.
>>
>>68370482
compromise is for pussies. you should never back down when you know you're right.
>>
>>68370586
You haven't studied history or politics have you?
People like you are the reason liberals aren't being taken seriously anymore. You don't argue, and just assume you're right. Uneducated twits like you are the reason why I'm less and less likely to even claim to be a liberal anymore.
But I suppose now is the time you say something even more moronic like "Fine by me! You're not a real liberal anyways!" Or something of the like.
>>
>>68370482
This; Democrats have been blessed in still having filibuster power in the Senate, they should take advantage of it.
>>
>>68370518
It truly was the greatest thing to happen to America in the past couple of years.

All the liberals I know just say things like ''wow... I'm shocked wow''
>>
>>68370576

that video was great lel

now you know why everyone was in hysterics, they couldn't start to fathom that he could win
>>
>>68370521
Trump winning had nothing to do with his policies or competency as a politician and you know it. Hell, Obama literally had to sit down with him and explain what being POTUS really means.
>>
>>68370518
Yes, do it for the lulz.
Doesn't matter that you elected someone completely inept at running the biggest bureaucracy in world history.

The next 4 years will be what ends the human race. Might as well start spending your life savings.
>>
>>68371027
This. Trump won because voters thought he could bring back jobs to the Rust Belt and/or believed that he was a lesser evil compared to Clinton. A cartoon frog on the internet had little to do with it.
>>
>>68371027
Maybe if the dems actually put forth a solid effort like they had in the past it wouldn't have been such a washout.
"Lets pick the two faced compulsive liar with a skeleton army in the closet! Great Idea!"
>>
>>68369879
Handsome face
>>
File: kekkoon.png (20KB, 586x550px) Image search: [Google]
kekkoon.png
20KB, 586x550px
>mfw Trump becomes the next George W Bush and pisses off all the stormfags
>>
I think the saddest part about this election was that CNN went full-shill for Clinton after she went into panic mode

beforehand they were slightly left leaning but one of the more "unbiased" news sources I would say and just about the largest in the US

now they have doubled down on their shit and are solidly in the left camp with MSNBC and WaPo so I have no one to really trust for neutral news as the alternative are the right wing outlets like Fox News and Breitbart

we are truly divided when we can't even have one large, impartial news source for this country. Civil War someday in the future may not actually be an impossibility, or at least violence
>>
>>68371120
Fucking ridiculous how retarded you guys are.
>Trump is the greatest because we had a movement and there were cartoon frogs lol
Fuck off, he's terrible. He was the absolute worst option this election. He was voted in for his charisma and that he syced up with the world culture at the time. Not his platform. His political philosophy is utter trash. Absolutely contemptible. There's nothing he said in the entire election that was actually proven to make the world better.

Oh look at me, I'm a fucking American and I have to fight the globalist boogy man. Fuck off god dammit, you don't even have a clue how the world works,

Fuck anyone that voted for him. Fuck anyone that supports him. Fuck everyone associated him and most of all Fuck America.
>>
>>68371244
>we can't even have one large, impartial news source for this country
This; we have to be okay with ideological impurity.
>>
>>68371148
It's already happening.
He doesn't need to invade anyone, which was his big bugbear /pol/ so enjoyed; his planned ties to Russia can't materialize with a non-compliant Congress, and his appointment of several cabinet members keen on regionally strangling Iran, as well as his own frankly violent rhetoric on the issue, means that yet another stormfront favorite is cut out.
>>
>>68371244
NPR and Cspan are still okay.
No way to heal the division. Hopefully the next wave of people reaching adulthood will shape culture in a more helpful way. We're done for on that ground for a good 5 years though.
>>
>>68371313
Indeed. First we had liberal salt, now we have rightist salt. This election is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>68371304
Hillary ? You mean the person who had an actual platform that wasn't fuck the immigrants. Nice argument. What did Trump say again that won you over ? He's going to bring jobs back to America.

You think I like Hillary. You Trumptards are hilarious. You had 20 other candidates to pick out.
BUT YOU GUYS WENT WITH THE TWO WORST ONES.
>>
>>68371265
Stop, take a deep breath, and try and see why the other side might believe what they do. It's the only way to save liberalism.
>>
>>68371343
Muh libruls.
Wah, did I hurt your feelings ? Sorry for invading your safespace man.
>>
>>68371148
>white pride
>bad
This is why you lost the election, cuckold
>>
I voted for Gary Johnson myself. Hopefully we get better candidates in 2020.
>>
>>68371479
His stance is anti immigrant. Cutting visa's. No amnesty. Blacklisting Islam from entering the country.
Ya, go ahead and tell me again that his platform is only about legal immigration.

You only hate Trudeau because of memes. You don't even know a single stance he has.
I doubt an uninformed shit like you even knows that he's approved an oil pipeline and our dollar is on the way to recovering after the disaster of the Harper administration.
>>
>>68369818

>Hillary Clinton gets voted in
>Al Gore didn't

I'M STILL PISSED. 16 FUCKING YEARS. YOU EVEN VOTED THE TOSSER BUSH BACK IN.
>>
>>68371610
>>Hillary Clinton gets voted in
What beyond extreme liberal salt makes you think it's going to happen? See >>68370356
>>
>>68371415
you're literally proving him right with every further post you make

I'm sorry but his description of your post was actually pretty spot on. But, frankly, I don't know why I even bother replying to you, since there's at least a 50% chance that you're just baiting for (You)s.
>>
>>68371600
kys
y
s
>>
File: 1331215269473.gif (491KB, 499x428px) Image search: [Google]
1331215269473.gif
491KB, 499x428px
>>68371324
>NPR
You really haven't listened to them lately. They are full fucking Lib nazi mode.
>>
File: 1475981437762.png (246KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475981437762.png
246KB, 1000x1000px
>>68371148
I can't wait until 2017 when /pol/ claims "B-BUT WE NEVER SERIOUSLY SUPPORTED TRUMP!" after he ends up going back on literally every single one of his promises.
>>
>>68371811
Then shouldn't you be happy.
>THE WORLD IS GOING TO END, THERE IS LITERALLY GOING TO BE A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST AND BLACKS AND GAYS AND WOMEN WILL BE TURNED INTO SLAVES
>>
>>68371644

I know, just annoyed about Al Gore, and the fact you fucked him over for a man who may have been on qaaludes every other year.
>>
File: IMG_5757.png (882KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5757.png
882KB, 750x1334px
>>68371908
>Implying
>>
>>68371935
Fair enough, but that's how the Electoral College works.
>>
File: 2jsfax6.jpg (244KB, 1477x2067px) Image search: [Google]
2jsfax6.jpg
244KB, 1477x2067px
>>68371908
>>
>>68371908
>believing in political promises
>only in canada
>>
>who wins?
The whole World.
>>
>>68369818
My country is a civil war.
Advise: leave.
>>
>civil war
Nigga trumpcucks will have only ars while shillary will use drones and bombs lmao
>>
>>68371908
Let's think about the wall. Impossible to build unless Trump decides to tank the US Treasury.

>Trump actually does it
Massive debt, Mexico doesn't pay, every single economic organisation tells Trump that he's a fucking idiot, and the welfare systems that keep the underpriveleged whites who swung the election for Trump completely disintegrate.
The frogs will point to the IMF and other economic orgs and say "(((they))) made us fail", rationalising Trump's massive fuckup into their delusion.

>Trump doesn't do anything about the border
The lynchpin of his entire fucking campaign is undelivered, but everyone will say "the other promises were more important". Everyone is smug as they forget to mention all of the Wall Street insiders do fuck all about the state of money in politics and corporatism.

>Limited border fence bullshit
More smugshit, whatever

You can't win an argument against these people. Everything the Leader does is impeccable.
>>
>>68372180
Why is it ALWAYS the mapleniggers who support Trump more fervently than almost every Republican? Every time his name comes up I see as many leaf flags defending him as American flags. Please explain, I'm actually curious as to why a nation that prides itself on politeness and liberal policies (relative to the US) would like Trump?
>>
>>68372282
well nukes exist.
Anyway they will come up with a good excuse saying that electoral college was created to prevent unprepared people from governing etc
>>
>>68372356

This site is filled with what you might call the outliers of standard behaviour within their country of origin.

Therefore, if these people make up the majority of the site's browsers, then there's a high chance you can inverse the quality of a post the quality of the country.
>>
>>68372337
On welfare and raising the minimum wage:
>Hahahahaha read a fucking economics book
On the fact that building a wall is economically unviable:
>It will happen because magic
>>
>>68372356
Because 4chan is bizzaro land for leafs. Most would rather go on leddit.
>>
>>68372380
I wouldn't, but we are talking about *liberals* here
>>
File: Retard.jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
Retard.jpg
7KB, 259x195px
>Be Anglocuck
>Care more about other people being upset than you do of your country being run right
>>
>>68370801
They actually got rid of it in 2013

Regret is a bitch
>>
>>68371950
You can repeal Obamacare while keeping the decent provisions
>>
>>68372510
That was for nominations (which in case only started to be filibustered in 2003); the legislative filibuster still remains.
>>
>>68372563
Which is 90% of what they want to filibuster. Now they don't have it.

The GOP, like the Democrats with Obamacare, will use a Reconciliation budget bill to bypass the filibuster.
That's a simple 50+VP vote
>>
>>68372628
Only 4 Democratic State Legislatures have a veto-proof majority, too. They're having their JUST moment now.
>>
File: HE IS GOING TO GET YOU.jpg (121KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
HE IS GOING TO GET YOU.jpg
121KB, 900x500px
>>68372490
Holy shit, the only good fucking comment in this entire thread. The whole "muh (insert ideology) tear" meme is the most insufferable bullshit in existence. Although let's be honest, that type of sentiment is more common among conservatives.
>>
>>68372707
*Only 4 State Legislatures have a veto-proof Democratic majority, too.
>>
File: Welcome to Hell.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Hell.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>68369818
I will laugh myself to the point of insanity and promptly jump off the balcony to my death.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 415x703px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 415x703px
>>68372731
>Although let's be honest, that type of sentiment is more common among conservatives.
>>
File: banta.jpg (2MB, 1734x1169px) Image search: [Google]
banta.jpg
2MB, 1734x1169px
>>68372797
>not cleansing your country from savages
I'm ashamed, you're starting to become like Canada.
>>
>>68372886
>tfw Brits have let the memes take control of them
>>
>>68372282
>the military will always side against the government
>the military will always side with the Republicans/ against the liberals
>how the military votes every two years somehow supersedes the conditioning of their everyday job, i.e. following orders

I am unbelievably sick of this meme, and I think it originated from people who never actually served. People in the military do as they're fucking told, even when they should know better. And if you have served and disagree, then congrats on recently making E-3. Some units would desert or revolt, but we're talking <5%.

Also you have to keep in mind how things are going to play out, if you're a solder. Some shitbird colonel isn't going to show up and announce that the Constitution is null and void and it's time to fight the enemies of Hillary's Glorious People's Republic. You're not going to be watching Breibart on base getting riled up. You're not even going to be checking your cell phone.

It's going to be more insidious than that. You're going to be mobilized, told absolutely nothing for hours or days, and kept in the dark until orders come down that a group of radical terrorists have taken control of group X, martial law has been declared, the governor has requested additional troops to supplement the National Guard, etc etc etc. You won't suspect you're doing something wrong until you've already done it. You won't even suspect you're being lied to until you see the first charred corpses wearing the burnt remains of an Underarmor sweatshirt.

But by then it's been a few days or weeks and "rebel" resistance is faltering, and you've maybe seen one or two people led away in handcuffs for attempted desertion. And it's not like you could run over to the "rebels," because they shoot at you without hesitation now, and try to set off IEDs around you, and ambush you. They've killed some of your friends by now. "Tomorrow I'll desert," you think to yourself, knowing it's a lie.
>>
File: 1383631624029.jpg (79KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
1383631624029.jpg
79KB, 300x306px
>>68372417
I suppose you're right; too bad my fellow Americans act just like our stereotype ;_;

>>68372435
>4chan is bizzaro land for leafs

Made me laugh, AND it's insightful
>>
>>68373012
>But by then it's been a few days or weeks and "rebel" resistance is faltering
how can one person be so wrong lmoa
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1920x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1920x1165px
>>68373009
ftfy
>>
>>68372245

He doesn't need to deliver on any of his promises. His election was the result of people voting against everyday life and wanting instead instead some metaphorical dope.

Trump's mere existance is that metaphorical dope. They're not gonna get the easy life they want, the 50s will not return, the rust belt will continue to be as shithole and the world is not gonna be modeled up to suit the Trump. And everyday life will go on as it is.

But as long as keeps giving them the metaphorical dope via twitter memes they'll love him, no matter what he actually does IRL.

It's a form of escapism.

Bu the world will go on though and will see how America compares after 4 years of twitter and dope.
>>
>>68374527
Hillary wouldn't have been better, but this. Trump will just be another W Bush, but people voted for him for the reasons you stated.
>>
We had a few, but nothing crazy like the American Civil War.

Back in the 1830s the southernmost state rebelled and wanted independence, but they were defeated. We had some other conflicts during this time (the regency for Pedro 2) but that was the biggest one.

In the 1930s there was another large conflict, this time between the federation and the state of São Paulo.
>>
>>68375144
>>68374629
There was always Rand Paul. It wouldn't have been as good as Ron Paul, but....
>>
>>68375192
True. Maybe in 2020 or 2024.
>>
>>68371050
You voted for an incompetent faggot over DUDE WEED. Kill yourself dumb fuck. Trump will always be better no matter what than the embarassment that is Trudeau. I say this as a Canadian expat and I can post my passport for proofs.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.