[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sino-xenic language party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: fuck.jpg (94KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
94KB, 600x400px
Who else is working on memorizing these fuckers?

How's it going?

Invited: /sino/, Japanese thread(s) anons
Invited if you were born 200 years ago: Korean, Vietnamese learning anons
>>
I'm more interested in the cool characters than the languages, so I'm learning mandarin/korean/japanese all at once. I feel like there should be some way to write western languages with them, that'd be fun.
>>
>>68340484
I am learning Korean but I haven't found great resources on Hanja, so I have ended up using alot of things meant for Kanji and Hanzi to supplement my studying. I'm probably going to end up with some passive Japanese vocabulary this way or just become better at guessing the Japanese version of a Sino-Korean word.

>I feel like there should be some way to write western languages with them, that'd be fun.

Somebody has tried to make this for a language I speak, I bet there are some madmen who have done it for a few of the major Yuro languages already if you look around. Just guessing though.
>>
>>68340548
For hanja I've been using an anki deck and an android app called korean vocab, obviously not as much stuff as Kanji and Hanzi but that's a given since you barely need it.
>>
>>68340635
>since you barely need it

True if you speak Korean natively, but in my case at least it helps me learn and remember vocabulary way faster and more easily when I know the meaning of the associated Hanja, it cuts down on uncertainty and makes me partially able to guess word meanings.

In use in the actual language though, obviously people aren't writing out the actual character...

I use Memrise usually, I'm too pleb to stick with Anki
>>
>Chinese final exam will have a section testing my knowledge of 2000 characters
>>
>>68341013
Fugg

I know like 50 at this point

How do you think you'll do?
>>
File: ate1.gif (3KB, 228x234px) Image search: [Google]
ate1.gif
3KB, 228x234px
>>68340438
Chinese language need to use Hiragana.
>>
File: 1479047696435.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479047696435.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>68341304
what for? they use even less grammatical particles than japs and have more homophones than japs

chinese texts written in hiragana would be impossible to decipher
>>
>>68341304
>卡拉OK
ew
>>
File: flat_800x800_075_f.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat_800x800_075_f.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
>>68341304
カラok
>>
>>68341331
For foreign words
>>
>>68340484
Interesting note, the Japanese tried to figure out a way to use characters in their language, the result was the need for syllableries to write the parts of Japanese that are grammatical.

With English, for instance, you could use "说" for "talk", but we would have to write "说ed" for "talked".
>>
katakana is cancer remove this filth
>>
>>68341397
no ポーランド
>>
File: 1480700642093.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1480700642093.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>>68341439
stop this I said
start using Jap words again instead of calling a fucking table テーブル
>>
>>68341479
Your argument is fine for common words but what about brands or foreign people's names?

Chinese usually butchers those.
>>
>>68340438
I'm just leisurely going through kanji in anki every day. Looking at the statistics I should apparently know about 3k of them by now.
Seems to be going alright, and it gives me something productive to do when taking a shit.
>>
>>68341600
I'm sure you can read 3000, but can you write them?
That takes actual practice.
>>
>>68341572
there was this case study according to which the Chinese prefer to buy those foreign products of which the characters used to transliterate their original name sound cool in Chinese

for example some French wine written in Chinese as "Awesome Dragon" sells better than a seemingly better wine called "Decay" in Chinese
>>
>>68341626
And that's why it's better to have a neutral syllabary that's free of semantics for that.
>>
>>68341619
Not a chance. I'm only focused on reading it anyway. And even if I were to write something I'd do it on a computer so I'd still be ok.

Fuck writing 2bh.
>>
>>68341397
agree
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.