[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the main differences between Korea and Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Flag-Pins-Japan-South-Korea.jpg (62KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Japan-South-Korea.jpg
62KB, 400x320px
I'm just getting familiar with Korea, but I couldn't help but notice how their Koreans seem a lot...saner than Japanese people.

Korean girls talk like normal, mature people, and have surprisingly deep voices - none of that cutsie ugguuuu~~~ oneee chan~~~ thing Japanese girls have going on. Another difference I noticed is the lack of cute/kawaii worship Japan does, although I could be wrong, I dare not underestimate the spread of crazy.

What are some other differences between these countries?
>>
>>68322416
I've noticed the deeper voice thing too. I don't consider it as having to do with sanity, I think it's just that the idea of what sounds like a nice voice is different in each country. When I heard some multi-language announcements in Korea, the Japanese one was always that younger sounding female voice.

This apparently exists in Korean culture but I have not seen it done IRL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegyo and I don't watch idol groups or anything so I have honestly never seen it done unironically.

>differences

I don't know alot about Japan (and only some stuff of Korea) so some of this is guessing.

I think in Korea is supposedly rude to bring the food bown to your face, unlike Japan where it seems like people hold it up to their face and right up to their mouth at the end.

Korea seems to divide people by gender alot more, Japan seems more gender neutral and more open to homosexuality/free gender expression. I have the impression that Koreans tend to not know very much about gay people and have a more negative view on them.

IMO Koreans seem really fashionable in general while people in Japan dress kind of...Not as fashionable. That's personal opinion, though.
>>
>>68322416
I'd prefer to live in Korea over Japan.
>>
>>68322834
>Korea seems to divide people by gender alot more, Japan seems more gender neutral and more open to homosexuality/free gender expression. I have the impression that Koreans tend to not know very much about gay people and have a more negative view on them.

Well, a sizable part of South Korea is christian, while Christianity never really happened in Japan.
>>
Korea is a grotesque parody of everything wrong with western consumerist culture, mixed with toxic East Asian work culture and social hierarchism.

Japan at least has a culture of their own, and is not a LITERAL cyberpunk dystopia, like Korea is.
>>
>>68322416
They're basically the same country, they just won't admit it.
>>
The only thing japan has is anime and hentai
>>
>>68322834
>>68322416
wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_accent

Standard Japanese has pitch accents. Only certain dialects of Korean contain as pronounced of a pitch accent whereas standard Korean is rather flat toned.
>>
>>68323209
Gotta be kidding
>>
>>68323558
>wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_accent

Nice, thanks for the infa.
>>
>>68322416
I think you are just generalizing. I don't think the average Japanese girl acts like that in day to day life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.