[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to Canadian anons. Where is the best place to settle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: flag_quebec.jpg (21KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
flag_quebec.jpg
21KB, 550x350px
Question to Canadian anons.

Where is the best place to settle in Quebec? And can I buy any flat for like 110-120k euro?

Poland is going down the shitter fast, the current government just destroyed the separation of powers and now controls the courts and can, basically, jail anyone if they want with the natinal guard being a thing I'm affraid they're preparing to imprison and shoot people if they go against PiS and violations of human rights and democracy.

That's why I want to move to Quebec with my gf. I'm a educated person who finished law and a small company owner. Quebec has statutory law so it's the only place in Canada that fits my education.

Is it hard to get a work permit? A permanent stay? I want to get out of this shithole as long as I got the money to do so and I'm not old so that I'm too tied to the place I live in.
>>
Honestly, your best route is to do an LLM in Common Law in a non-Quebec law school. Start with a student visa, and then try to find a job for a work permit.

I don't know much about the Quebec bar but in general, you can only get a non-minimum wage job in Quebec if you speak french fluently and without an accent.
>>
>>68259428
Well I can learn french, the no-accent thing though will be hard.

I got some family in Quebec, I guess they can help me out at the begining to find a job but as a person who's writing a PHD work I'm wondering about teaching at a university. Do I need to know french there as well?
>>
what's with all the quebec threads

do you know french? if you do it increases your chances tenfold
>>
>>68259618
oh wow, i'm a fucking idiot

you pretty much answered that right above
>>
>>68259557
Forget What he said about the no-accent thing, no country would require such a meme.

If you are looking for job opportunities in teaching I guess main cities will be your thing. Some universities won't require French like McGill university or even Concordia or Bishop's but I don't think these two last ones have anything law related. McGill is in Montreal, its a comfy college and is one (if not the number one) of the best university in Canada. But Montreal is a generic big city though and it has awful traffic due to being on an island.

Other than that, there is Quebec City, which is smaller but still has a lot of job opportunities, might need more French in this city though compared to Montreal.

What I would recommend is Sherbrooke, where Bishop's university is located. Its relatively smaller, isolated in the mountains, close to the USA, very white (if you're a /pol/fag) and overall really great city desu.

Im here if you have other questions polanbro
>>
>>68259690
I'm an actual Québécois studying law at Sherbrooke, seems like I too could be helpful.
>>
>>68259751
UdeS? Do you like it? Are you a Sherbrooke native?

Im still in cegep but contemplating chemical engineering in UdeS, its either that or in McGill.
>>
>>68259366
If you don't speak french please don't come.
>>
>>68259777
Oui, l'UdeS, et j'viens en fait de Chicoutimi. Sherbrooke c'est bien, tranquille, et l'université et la ville sont très biens pour les étudiants.

And yeah, Polandbro, please speak French, adapt to our values, or go somewhere else
>>
>>68259805
>adapt to our values
pas si difficile considérant que la pologne est encore très catholique
>>
>>68259690
I don't care about whiteness I just want a proper place to be a proper human being and be able to live and be left alone. Really, I just want to work and raise my kids in a non hateful environment that dosn't shit with hate all over people.
>>
>>68259805

Sherbrooke is fucking cancer if you try to get a minimum wage job though.

Having so many students mean that all the jobs are taken and bosses treat their employees like shit because they're easily replaceable.

Great city otherwise, cheap as fuck rent and good public transport.

Not that white though, I lived in a very indian infested area, peacefull nonetheless.
>>
>>68259823
see
>>68259780
>>
hmm, watching because I am interested as well.
>>
>>68259690
>>68259823
And I forgot to add: thanks for the answer.

>>68259780
I can learn french but before that I need a job and I speak only english(besides polish).

Also:

can I buy anything semi-decent with 120k euros?
>>
>>68259690
>>68259366
Oh yeah OP, one of the reasons why I suggested Sherbrooke is for cheaper flats compared to Mtl and Qc, that could possibly fit your budget. You might also think about Gatineau, which is just across the river from Ottawa, our country's capital, located in Ontario. Gatineau is also cheaper than Montreal and you could use English in Ottawa, but yeah don't be a cunt and learn French.
>>
>>68259823
Also, try the "régions" (aka not Montréal or Québec), employment might be somewhat tougher to find, but I'd think pricing could be cheaper.
>>
Ottawa is fucking boring, don't go there OP.
>>
>>68259366
>t. Jan Kapela
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW6xfdkr8m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAX4vJiO9Aw

You should move to North York, Scarborough or Brampton and enjoy the diversity.
>>
>>68259805
Like I said I got no problem with speaking French and I doubt Canadian values are much different from my personal ones.

>>68259895
>>68259898
I'll just look for some universities that are looking for some tutors/teachers, I mainly want a uni job since it's the thing I'm good at.
>>
>>68259850
>I can learn french but before that I need a job and I speak only english(besides polish).
Why would you go to Quebec then?
>>
File: DSC_0557.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0557.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
I suggest you visit Tadoussac, beautiful tiny village with whalewatching cruises (had a student job in tourism, am now a shill).
>>
>>68259780
Sorry bruh je nay parle pass the fransaise but I still got dat French Canadian citizenship
>>
How difficult is it to become citizen of Canada?
Do I have chances to get there once I finish my medical university?
>>
>>68259919
>I'll just look for some universities that are looking for some tutors/teachers, I mainly want a uni job since it's the thing I'm good at.

Grad students get those jobs invariably. There is a high turn over to keep the scam going.
>>
>>68259850
120k euros is what? 250k dollars? It depends. You'd have to be less in the cities and suburbs and more in countryside or even further regions like Saguenay or Abitibi which are 0% English. I dont follow housing this much, but I remember my mom buying in 2006 a nice two story house with a 80 000 square feein the countryside of a cozy village for around 250k dollars. But most houses in my town cost around 350k-400k bucks.
>>
Thoughts on edmonton?
>>
>>68259926
Read my posts, the law system is important due to my education.
>>
>>68259977
Living in Calgary or Edmonton you get an Ulaanbaatar vibe.
>>
>>68259942
>degree in medicine
Shouldn't be too hard for you. I don't know why you would come here though.
>>
>>68259995
I honestly don't think you can be successful in any capacity in Quebec without knowing French.
>>
>>68259366
Also if you don't want Québec to separate from Canada please don't come either.

Immigrants cucked us last referendum.

>>68259942
>medical university

They won't recognize your diploma, you'll have to go back to school or work at the minimal salary.
>>
>>68259998
>>68259977

This

Stay in downtown Edmonton and its allright. Go 30 minutes in the north and you will think you're on the moon due to the completely fucked up landscape from digging for oil. Go 30 minutes south and you arrive in a flat cornfield with corn everywhere you look. 35 Celsius in summer and -40 Celsius in winter.
>>
>>68260044
He's not from India, he's from Russia... Of course they will recognize his degree.
>>
>>68260073
No they won't, Russian universities are notorious for being diploma mills
>>
>>68260073
http://www.france24.com/en/20161204-canada-syrian-refugees-cope-with-day-day-life

I wouldn't try my luck if I were him.
>>
>>68260010
Canada is sure 100x times beter than current Russia
I want to get out while I can and they still let people out.
>>
>>68260044
lol how can you blame immigrants for losing the referendum when you lost it by a larger margin in 1980, when there were far less immigrants than during the 1995 vote?
>>
>>68260126
flames weren't as fanned and terrorism a few years prior
>>
>>68260126
Not hin but the situation was different in 1980. We were not ready for a referendum. My father and most people of his age (52) are separatists and he could not vote in 1980. I know virtually no one above 65 years old who support Quebec independence though.

The thing is if you look at the 1995 referendum, we lost by around 40 000 voices. Newly arrived Immigrants and Anglo Canadians voted almost exclusively no. This obviously leads to believe that among French Canadians, the support for independence was probably more around 60% instead of 49.6%.
>>
>>68260201
the government also promised many things and then went on to break all those promises
>>
>>68259945
Well I'm writing a PHD work on a really niche subject, and I'm good in it so there's that.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.