[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is America supporting the wrong side in the Syrian Civil War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: flag of syria.jpg (194KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
flag of syria.jpg
194KB, 960x640px
Is America supporting the wrong side in the Syrian Civil War?
>>
yes, in the sense that we aren't bombing all of them equally.
>>
All the sides are wrong.
The only good people are trying to avoid being killed in the crossfire.
>>
>>68181520
>Civil War
Is it a civil war if foreign fighters fight the state?
>>
>>68181520
America is supporting the kosher approved side.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>68181561
first post best post

>>68181601
fourth post good but not so best post
>>
>>68181520
For Kurds yes. Other """"freedom fighters"""" not so much.
>>
>>68181773
Why do you like Kurds?
Because you hate Turkey?
>>
>>68182824
Not really. They seem to be the most secular force on the ground.
>>
>>68182952

Not many people in Syria want secularism.
>>
>>68183039
YPG is secular though. Don't know much KRG but they're not heavy into Islamism.
>>
yes tb h
arabs need an iron fist (and we too as well) to live in peace.

But feel sad for arabs that can live peacefully in free society without any totalitarian control.
Only they should be a refugees in Europe.
>>
>>68183151

I said people, not k*rds.

xDDD

But my point is that Syrians themselves will chimp out again because they don't want secularism.
>>
I was watching the news and they were whinging about Assad's forces taking back Aleppo from those poor, innocent "rebels".

Said "rebels" are more properly known as "Jabhat Al-Nusra" and "Islamic Front".
>>
>>68183391
Maybe. Syria and Iraq are finished as we knew them anyway. Pretty much who gets what is being sorted out right now.
>>
>>68183556
who gives a shit, the rebels are fucked
>>
>>68183584
It matters that the US and most of Western Europe are providing military support to the people they've been fighting against for 15 years.
>>
I think it's absolutely sad that some people on this site are so bitter/edgy they would literally cheer as a dictator bombs hospitals and schools full of children.

I know you'll write this off as a troll post, but as somebody who has survived the terrible earthquake and tsunami I can feel almost what those people feel in Aleppo. That very real terror.

I hope at least one of you will take a hard look at yourself in the mirror.
>>
File: 1460276492960.jpg (50KB, 440x487px) Image search: [Google]
1460276492960.jpg
50KB, 440x487px
>>68183674
>>
>>68183674
hm yes, lets support the side that beheads children instead
>>
>>68181520
Americans and the West in general always overestimate the strength of secular democrats in the Middle East when in fact they are the weakest faction, even weaker than communists.
>>
>>68181520
YPG
P
G
>>
File: thatfeel.gif (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.gif
7KB, 645x773px
>>68183674
Sorry that you had to live through that, but it looks like there are no good options in the Syrian civil war. The least bad option, though, is to have a tyrant with an iron fist terrorising the jihadis, that's why most posters here cheer for Al-Assad.
>>
>>68183674
it's what happens when you start to dehumanize entire groups of people. it's unhealthy behavior, absolute tribalism at its worst. the pinnacle of 'us vs. them' and humanity at its worst.

i'm not saying "hurr durr let's cuck ourselves because the poor mudslimes have fee fees too" i'm just saying we're all human beings at the end of the day. try to remember that. we all bleed. we all burn. we all laugh and cry.

>>68183693
being against something doesn't mean you're for the other side.
>>
File: 1480025645412.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480025645412.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>68183674
>Saw Japan and expected meme post
>Got the only decent post in the thread
>>
>>68183674
You really think that """"dictator""" is a bad guy? He isn't saint, but better him than ISIS, amirite?
>>
>>68183790
t - Putin
>>
>>68183790

You don't have to choose between ISIS and Assad.

Choose the O N L Y sensible option: Turkish protectorate of Syria.
>>
>>68183674
>Americans bomb the shit out of civilians in Musul
>No one bats an eye
>Russians do the same in Aleppo
>Everyone loses their minds
>>
>>68183905
ISIS is a more humane, liberal version of the Turkish rebels
>>
>>68183790
Assad is a very evil man. Possibly the closest living analogue to Hitler. Either him or Putin.

And ISIS is not the only alternative. If Americans were serious about spreading democracy they should have armed rebel forces with heavier weaponry and established a no-fly zone. But now it's too late.

To me, the biggest kick in the gut was watching Hillary lose the election. That was probably the final nail in the coffin on a peaceful Syria.
>>
We should bomb them all in Syria. They all want us dead anyway. Also we should miss on accident and hit Istanbul too.
>>
>>68183942
>Arming the beheading heart-eating rebels

lol
>>
>>68183905
> t. Recep Tayyip

I sometimes wish you guys became the Ottoman empire again so that the Sultan stayed in his palace screwing Circassian qt's and doing nothing else.
>>
>>68183942
>To me, the biggest kick in the gut was watching Hillary lose the election. That was probably the final nail in the coffin on a peaceful Syria.
That makes no sense. Clinton was basically responsible for the war in Syria to begin with.
>>
>>68183674
unironically good post
>>
assad will wipe out the rebels, when finished, he will team up with SDF and iraqi militais to wipe out Turkish FSA with some "help" from ISIS

it will be glorious
>>
>>68183967
2bh
>>
>>68183942
I was with you until
>To me, the biggest kick in the gut was watching Hillary lose the election. That was probably the final nail in the coffin on a peaceful Syria.
You actually have no idea what you're talking about. Your heart is in the right place, but your brain is in your ass and covered in shit.
>>
>>68183905
I think """le liberal democratic media""" consumed you entirely. Don't listen to everything that they say on tv, Shiro, maybe alternative points of view will shatter your propaganda shell a little bit, try that for once.
>>
>>68183978
>heart-eating rebels
You mean Shi'a PMU in Iraq?

>>68183997
No. Assad was the cause. He refused to honor his people's cries for freedom.
>>
>>68184060
That meant to >>68183942
>>
>>68183986

You know I'm 100% right.
>>
>>68184076
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3524976/CANNIBAL-moderate-Syrian-rebel-cut-ate-Assad-soldier-s-heart-liver-killed.html

No, I mean the moderate syrian rebels that you wholeheartedly (xd) support
>>
>>68184141
Shia do the same thing.
>>
>>68184179
How does that make it any better

You support these people

Shamefur
>>
>>68184026
Thanks, didn't know if you were honest or not.
>>
>>68184076
> his people's cries for freedom
Kek, the West is GOAT at propaganda indeed.

Those protests weren't Syrian "people's cries for freedom", Satoshi. They were not a gay-fascist EU-USA plot by Nuland's cronies either like RT would tell you. What happened is that a five-year drought struck Syria and left millions of farmers lost everything. Assad's government failed to help them, which sparked the protests. Assad gave the order to fire on the protesters, which ignited the rebellion.

Then there was the combination of factors (the pipeline, the Arab spring, Russia's military base in the middle, USA trying to eclipse Russian and Shia power, Turkey's return to relevancy, the eternal Saudi...) that started the perfect shitstorm in Syria. But it certainly didn't happen because Syrians were "crying for freedom".
>>
>>68184303
>left millions of farmers lost everything
*left millions of farmers having lost everything
>>
>>68184303
>Assad gave the order to fire on the protesters, which ignited the rebellion.
>>
>>68181576
Foreign fighters exist on all sides, especially the government's.
>>
>>68183573
Is Kerry-Lavrov the modern Sykes-Picot?
>>
>>68183674
But at least the country was somewhat stable with Assad, and if you look at what he's acomplished, especially in education, he doesn't seem half bad.
If the choice is between him and ISIS, then I think it's a rather easy one.
>>
File: 1470510577838.png (151KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1470510577838.png
151KB, 350x350px
>>68187273

He literally lost like 1/3 of his population and got himself in a brutal civil war.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.