[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What countries/cities have you been let down by and why? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

What countries/cities have you been let down by and why?

For me it was Rome. Sure the old ruins are interesting, but the amount of litter and graffiti in the city pretty much ruined it for me.
>>
Athens

Ruins and museums were great, everything else was disgusting and the public transportation was horrid. the greek islands are top tier tho.
>>
>>68159387
New York desu. Always heard of it's greatness and stuff, but it was really the most blank city I ever visited.
>>
Los Angeles, I don't really know what I expected. I probably expected it to be glamorous but in reality everything was dirty and beggars were constantly annoying you.
>>
>>68159447
Yeah, similar to Rome. Although the metro system itself is great. NZ doesn't have the best public transport.

>>68159451
Yeah, seems blank to me and I haven't been there. But I'm sure it's a place where you have to try find and seek things out.
Like the cool galleries and stuff
>>
London.

London is a city with a history spanning 20 centuries and the capital of one of the greatest empires of the past. I expected to find architectural wonders from all historical ages and got a collection of soulless industrial hellholes lumped together instead.

At least the Indian restaurants were tasty. Oh well.
>>
>>68159525
I had the same feeling/experience there. But we also have to realise all of LA isn't "Hollywood"
When you're a kid it's just like, you go to Universal studios and Disney land and thats it
>>
>>68159387
Kuala Lumpur, Berlin and Paris have been fairly disappointing
>>
>>68159536
>Like the cool galleries and stuff
Eh, I don't appreciate any more desu. Only thing I can stand is operas, and only a handful of them.
>>
>>68159581
Yeah I feel you. I liked London or it's sheer size though. And I'm a gallery buff myself so it was cool for me.
With the architecture though, places like Rome try to keep to their more traditional architectural buildings. More villa like. But that can also be hard to maintain and keep stable.
London simply just wanted to advance and became a city like many others. But of course you can still visit the historic cities like the Tower of London, Buckingham palace, other Royal buildings, galleries etc etc
You might want to travel to areas like Dover and see the great castles and such
>>
Rome, Berlin, London were all disappointing.

Paris is really ugly once you accidently leave the designated tourism areas. Also that huge black monolith in La Defense that can be seen from miles away...shit what were they thinking?
>>
>>68159525
Sister hated LA.
>>
>>68159525
we had a german family friend come to Los Angeles with us, and we felt bad because we knew it would never be as good as she hoped
>>
File: 1478317018346.png (184KB, 404x501px)
1478317018346.png
184KB, 404x501px
>I'm a gallery buff myself
>>
>>68159871
At least you gave her the experience
>>
File: lame.png (402KB, 550x424px)
lame.png
402KB, 550x424px
>>68159910
Kek

I'm not a pretentious douche though

I'm laughing irl right now though. Thank you my friend. I knew I shouldn't have worded it that way.
>>
>>68159704
Oh, believe me, I certainly don't think that London represents the whole UK. I only went there because I had to travel to a science conference in Oxford - which is a gorgeous place. Oxford is tiny, just as big as the village where my mom was born, but everything looks like it did 400 years ago.

Like you said, London decided to tear down the old and build something new in its place. That's why I would rather visit other European capitals with their preserved architectural history like Lisbon, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Tallinn, Stockholm etc. let alone Paris, Rome or Prague. Hell, it's like all European capital cities are awesome places to visit except those of UK and Ireland.
>>
>>68159871
Yeah it's probably because of Hollywood. Most germans that went there seem to love NY but hate LA.
>>
>>68159451
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt NYC was boring, only enjoyed the views
For me D.C. was far better with the museums and shit
>>
>>68160286
did you go to MOMA in NY?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.