[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evening gents, just a quick survey: In descending order, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1454861387342.jpg (92KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1454861387342.jpg
92KB, 500x355px
Evening gents, just a quick survey:

In descending order, which of the following do you feel to be most important in the cohesion/identity of your country:

>culture (such as specific fashions, festivals, etc)
>history
>language
>literature
>religion

thanks
>>
Language > religion > culture > history > literature
>>
Culture > history > language > religion > literature
>>
File: tfw citizen of the world.jpg (65KB, 1000x525px) Image search: [Google]
tfw citizen of the world.jpg
65KB, 1000x525px
a high GDP/capita and high standard of living
>>
history -> religion -> culture -> literature -> language
>>
>>68041723
and by literature you probably mean

>that book

right?
>>
>>68041795
no, I mean
>vast writings on the Jewish philosophy and identify, as well as general literature with an affinity to the Jewish people
>>
>>68041877
i think the word you're looking for is
>midrash
>>
>>68041966
not midrashim, necessarily.
Believe it or not, but the Jews also have secular and national literature, and not all of the religious writings are "midrashim" per se.
>>
>>68042068
really? to my knowledge hebrew had been more or less a dead language for a thousand years when it was revived in 1947? And before that it was primarily/exclusively a theological language, discussion religion? Don't get me wrong, the literature surounding the old testament, in all its variants, makes for a legitimate and interesting literary tradition, but in the end it all goes back to
>that book.
not that there is anything wrong with that per se.
kind of like the british obsession with shakesspeare, just more overt.
>>
>>68040414
>culture (such as specific fashions, festivals, etc)
culture>history>language>literature>religion
>>
>>68042252
Legitimatly general Hebrew literature has been prevalent for the last 300 years or so.
Although there have been authors writing in Hebrew throughout the generations, mostly either for the discussion of religion and Jewish or Jewish-related philosophy and concepts, or as a medium with which one could "teach the masses" - that is, writing educational books.
Obviously that wasn't the case for the more popular topics that interested Jews.
These were discussed in whatever language was popular where they lived, but when a Jew wanted to perpetuate his writings - he'd do so in Hebrew (Ehad haAm did just that, for example).
>>
>>68042586
aight, didn't know that. apologies.

((as usually))
>>
>>68040414
This thread is retarded. Living next to Buddhists is not the same as living next to Muslims. Sharing a culture with the Aztecs is not the same as sharing a country with the Swiss.

Culture can't be separated from culture either, it can to some degree be done in secular countries because very few people actually believe in their religious texts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.