[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal? A right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 42-74029319.jpg (82KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
42-74029319.jpg
82KB, 750x500px
Is flag burning (yours) legal in your cuntry? What are the potential punishments for doing it? Can you wave other cuntry's flags legally?

Ours new leader wants to revoke citizenship and prison for 1 year. FREEDUMB.
>>
Legal. But if you burn, you will socially die.
>>
>>68026508
Yeah, and then they'll challenge it in court, and based on precedent, the law will be struck out. Such is the benefit of the separation of powers.

Then, in some places, police will arrest flag-burners for lighting shit on fire in public, which they deserve.

>inb4 whatever bullshit you come up with
http://www.businessinsider.com/burning-flag-fumes-kills-pakistani-protestor-2012-9?IR=T

Now tell me it's okay to burn a flag in a public place where you could be surrounded by children.
>>
>>68026631
Christ you're a bender
Who gives a fuck about some paki sandnigger
>>
>>68026631
It's ok to burn a flag in a public place even if you are surrounded by children
>>
File: 1480424067929.png (46KB, 1200x238px) Image search: [Google]
1480424067929.png
46KB, 1200x238px
>>68026508
It should be worse than what has been officially proposed and what our guy has said.

Commies, chicanos and BLM niggers aren't American.
>>
>>68026678
Obedient. Good.

>>68026664
>missing the point this comically
>>
>>68026804
No i haven't missed the point. Yes starting a fire in the middle of a busy street should be illegal. The simple act of burning a piece of cloth you bought, shouldn't.

Do you see Irish in NI burning a Union Jack and think "They're totally out of order, the police should arrest them"
>>
>Our guy wants to send you to a gulag.
>Yours wanted to execute you.
>Ours is better. Yay!

It's just odd that people think protecting a symbol is more important than the referent, and somehow sending people away will restore patriotism.
>>
>>68026508
It is illegal and punishable by law, you would go to prison. Also you cannot burn the eu flag.
Also, you get fined if you does not use the flag properly, for example displaying it wrong way, or at wrong time.
>>
It's mandatory here.
>>
>>68026883
Commies deserve worse.
>>
>>68026508
it's a regular activity in my country
>>
>>68026508
Illegal,big fine and sometimes even jail
>>
>>68026868
>Do you see Irish in NI burning a Union Jack and think "They're totally out of order, the police should arrest them"
I feel the same about it in principle, yes.

>Yes starting a fire in the middle of a busy street should be illegal. The simple act of burning a piece of cloth you bought, shouldn't.
>this doublethink
The two things you've described are the same, unless you think "burning a piece of cloth" does not fall under "starting a fire."
>>
>>68026964
>the laws of physics only allow you to burn a flag in the middle of a crowded street
>burning it in an empty field is LITERALLY impossible
Retard
>>
You'd be punished with up to a year of jail.
Also likely and hopefully you'd get beat up.
>>
>>68027006
Oh, right, I credited you too much with understanding the nuances of different genres of law.

Burning a flag should not, by its nature, be illegal. Therefore, if you put a little paper American flag in your fire-place, your petulant little rebellion is protected.

However, and try to follow me here, when you burn a full-size US flag in public, which is what these cases usually are in fact, you should be prosecuted, not for burning the flag, but for burning something in public, whether it is a flag or not.

Do you understand? I mean, you probably don't, because you haven't thus far, and throw a temper tantrum each time you get flummoxed.
>>
>>68027249
So you're not actually discussing the legalities of flag burning, only the restrictions placed upon having a fire in a public space. And you are oh so smug about having mistaken the entire point of the thread?
Gon away and fuck off ye snobby shite, you're high and mighty air doesn't work outside UCD
>>
>>68026508
You aren't allowed to 'misuse' the Estonian flag. Whatever using it correctly is is set by 'customs' and the law. There is nothing about burning the flag specifically. Suppose you could burn it and explain it, otherwise you can be fined and or jailed.
>>
>>68027327
>Gon away and fuck off ye snobby shite, you're high and mighty air doesn't work outside UCD
There's the temper tantrum, right on cue.
>>
>>68027442
Not an argument, jackeen
>>
>>68026508
>1st Amendment
>>
>>68027465
Why would I argue with you? I have thus far and you've missed the point every time.

Then when I point it out, you cry, cry, cry.

I'll just correct you on a few points too, while I'm at it:
1/TCD is the stereotypical posh one, not UCD.
2/Jackeen normally connotes poor, inner-city types for the most part. Regardless, I'm Galwegian.
3/"you're" is a contraction of "you are", whereas "your" is possessive.
>>
>>68027656
If you've been baiting me lad you've done a fantastic job
>>
It's a crime here, but I haven't heard of it being enforced.
>>
>>68026631
>Burning American Flag Kills Pakistani Protestor
Freedom strikes back
>>
>>68026584
Wrong.
Foreign flag damage crime (外国国旗損壊罪)
>>
>>68026508
>he supports the burning of our glorious nations flag

you deserve to get shot and deported. why would you ever burn the flag you fuckin commie
>>
>>68027772
って事は、外国国旗を損壊するは犯罪が、日の丸を損壊するのは大丈夫ですね

変じゃない、それ?
>>
>>68027819
The worst part is when they start shouting about the constitution, when it's the same people who want to take people's guns away, or have laws against hate speech.
>>
Here you can be fined 7500eu and spend 6 month in jail for that, there is something similar for the national anthem too. It depends on the context tho.
That's a bit much I think but I also don't see why someone would do that, burning a flag isn't really a good argument when you want to be heard
>>
>>68026508
It's not, although the punishment is relatively light and rarely enforced, something under a year of jail which can be reduced to a fine.

I personally agree as it allows freedom of speech (eg the rare Indigenous Mexican who wanted to do it could get away with it without being prosecuted) but provides fit punishment for egregious cases (eg a gringo trying this at meaningful sites like Angel de la Independencia or Zócalo) do understand the Mexican nationality symbols are considered as representing the people of Mexico, not the Mexican state, back in 1968 when the army went in to Mexico's national university to arrest members of the student movement, many of whom would later "disapear" (this was similar to the French May movement) they sung the national anthem as a last act of defiance.

On the other hand we don't have lese majeste laws, so acts offensive against the government, head of state or other institutions such as congress, are all perfectly legal. Likewise foreign national symbols are not protected so it is perfectly legal to burn the US flag.

This only aplies to Mexican citizens tho, as foreigners are forbidden by our constitution to engage in any form of domestic political activity (eg joining politicaln rallies or marches for Mexican parties or movements) tho they could legally protest their own governments (eg is legal for an American to burn the US flag)

This I would actually change as some issues, say environmental, know no borders, and I do think foreigners should be allowed to participate in this, but other than said exceptions I think our laws are about perfect in this regard.
>>
>>68028445
Well measured and informative response.

Here's a (you).
>>
holy shit theocracy nigger, now you should friend with Saudis, ogh wait..
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.