[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAELLA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: cafe-journal-paella-valenciana.jpg (134KB, 620x494px) Image search: [Google]
cafe-journal-paella-valenciana.jpg
134KB, 620x494px
>mfw my spanish great-grandma made a paella for our family
>it's fucking delicious
Why are Meds so superior?
>>
overrated imo
>>
>>67989941
only when it comes to food

they used to rule the world, now they rule the kitchen
>>
>>67989941

who the fuck serves shrimps unpeeled in their shell? they expect me to put my hands in their after it's cooked? might as well eat from the floor then
>>
>>67995336

KEK
>>
>>67995336
I feel you. I hate this too. In Italy I REEEE'd very hard when I saw the shrimps unpeeled.
>>
>>67995336
>>67996809
you guys dont deserve a paella tb h
>>
>>67997023
It's a nightmare. I have to open the thing and use the knife to get the shitsack out. Why not just cook it unpeeled? Why is that so difficult?
>>
>>67997179

no idea admittedly but one thing is for sure, you'll never get a true paella with peeled shrimps.

they only serve them like that at spanish regions other than valencia that make shitty paella. never the true one.

maybe it preserves the flavor better or something i guess
>>
>>67997179
For flavour you fucking catamite, you brown them and then boil them in the "fondo" with the rice. Also you can peel them with the hands and slurp the juices of the shrimp head, than are fucking delicious.
>>
>>67989941
Whoever cooked that should be skinned alive and drowned in salty lemon juice.
>>
>>67990147
This.

We also eat it here (as rice a valenciana), and it's just okay.

I'm sure you guys have better stuff.
>>
>>67998705
I don't think rice a valenciana has anything to do with the real paella besides using rice.

>The dish consists of one pound of glutinous rice or regular rice, chicken, chorizo, two ounces of butter, one onion, one red bell pepper, two tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste. It is usually prepared with beer, along with white wine.

well...
>>
>>67998830
WTF, they don't use saffron? That's just Mexican rice with some meat thrown in
>>
>>67998830
huh. I always thought it was the same thing.

disregard me.
>>
>>67998986
That's the recipe for arroz a la valenciana. Nothing to do with the paella.

>la auténtica paella valenciana: Garrofón -alubia blanca grande-, tomate, judía ferradura -judía verde plana-, pollo, conejo, sal, aceite O.V.E, arroz, agua y azafrán.
>>
>>67999076
Even some cooks claim that the hard water from Valencia makes it unique. There is a restaurant in Asturias iirc that brings water from Valencia to prepare the paella.
>>
>>67989941
Looks like the rubbish bin out the back of a seafood restaurant.
>>
>>67998830
Chorizo in a paella? Ew.
>>
>>67989941
your whole post is about you liking paella. how very interesting.
>>
>>67989941

That's not a proper paella. The proper one doesn't have seafood but chicken and rabbit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.