[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite American Food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: 650_054.jpg (43KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
650_054.jpg
43KB, 320x240px
I know everyone talks on here about how much American food sucks or how much of a rip-off it is from their original Eurasian counterparts.

However, is there any American food any of you foreigners particularly like or think is good? Anything that stands out as unique or up to Patrician standards?
>>
'go 'za
>>
File: 1478226599660.jpg (43KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1478226599660.jpg
43KB, 500x421px
>>67931637
I 'ov a goo 'go 'za mesf hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmhm
>>
>>67931602
Bacon. Not kidding. Americans make absolutely the best bacon in the world.

Grilled cheese sandwich was also systematically great everywhere.
>>
pizza
>>
french fries and german hamburg-er.
>>
File: kaarlo aisankannattaja.jpg (42KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
kaarlo aisankannattaja.jpg
42KB, 316x316px
>>67932515
>Americans make absolutely the best bacon in the world.
Bacon is not a dish, it's the same shit everywhere.
>>
>>67932775
>it's the same shit everywhere.
no it isn't..
>>
File: 1455579020435.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455579020435.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>67932806
>>
>>67931602
pancakes
>>
>>67932838
delete that gif
>>
File: british vs american bacon.jpg (177KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
british vs american bacon.jpg
177KB, 600x390px
>>67932838
>>
>>67932858
Yup. Now we talking.
>>
File: 1479152962809.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479152962809.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>67932858
Thats just about which part of the asscheek you decide to grill you fucking dumbo
>>
>>67932858
Both looks tasty honestly.
>>
>>67931602
no such thing as american cuisine

The most inventive food you guys have is deep fried kool aid at all the boardwalk beaches
>>
>>67933011
Our food gives you diarrhea, whereas diarrhea IS your food
>>
>>67931602
Not exactly an answer to the question, but an interesting thought. You know how yuropoors look down on Americans for liking burgers? The burger restaurants that exist in Europe are mostly shit like McDonalds and Burger King. I have found a burger beyond that level exactly one time ever on the entire continent of Europe, and it wasn't that great either.

The ribs there were fucking amazing, but that's a different story.

>>67932775
>it's the same shit everywhere.
I don't recall ever seeing American bacon outside of America.

>not a dish
Well, if you serve just bacon by itself, that would be weird. But it's a part of a dish that generally comes along with eggs and other things.

>>67932858
The American bacon in that picture doesn't look as yummy as it should be.

>>67932945
To an American, only the lower one in the picture is bacon. The top one is "Canadian bacon" but despite the name, it's not the same. If a restaurant writes "bacon" on the menu and what they give you isn't the thing pictured on the bottom of that image, they aren't giving you what you ordered. The word is used differently outside of the US, which is why it's meaningful on an international imageboard to specify that it's American bacon specifically.
>>
File: bbq.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bbq.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Don't know a lot of thing about 'Murican food, except usual clichés, but they sure make great burgers. I'm not speaking about macdonalds shit, I mean real burgers.
>>
>>67932945
And that's why we Finns tend to get simply unrated when talking about national cuisine.
>>
Potato chips, lobster, fried soda.
>>
File: spedeseni.png (331KB, 444x645px) Image search: [Google]
spedeseni.png
331KB, 444x645px
>>67933088
>I don't recall ever seeing American bacon outside of America.
I can literally just walk to the store next door and get bacon like that.
>>
>>67933088
>The burger restaurants that exist in Europe are mostly shit like McDonalds and Burger King. I have found a burger beyond that level exactly one time ever on the entire continent of Europe, and it wasn't that great either.

Well, This.
>>
File: hot dogs.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hot dogs.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>67933153
Well, I've really only lived in Spain and Denmark for extended periods of time, outside of the US, and I didn't hunt that hard. Congratulations on your good fortune.
>>
>>67933272
She can grab my frankfurt anytime
>>
Is American cuisine even a thing? I've never seen anything branded as such..
>>
>>67931602
The tex mex is good. The south seems to do some interesting stuff too but I haven't had the chance to try much.
>>
>>67933011

then why you guys spreading your buttcheeks for AMERICAN fastfood corporations

face it, fast food is the way of the future. Say good bye to your rice and curry and say hello to delicious fake meat tacos and chicken sandwiches.
>>
>>67933323
Its usually branded under something else (Cajun, tex-mex, FF etc.)

As for general foodstuffs, our breakfasts are pretty universal across the nation, and burgers are highly regarded
Fried chicken is also pretty popular

Overall American food is pretty diverse and varies a lot from area to area
>>
>>67933272
Hot dogs are a terrible excuse for food and even in the US, only assholes eat them.

>>67933323
I've seen it branded as such in Spain. I haven't seen it elsewhere but I'm sure it exists elsewhere. Actually, it might be popular in Spain because there's a lot of American food that's not too dissimilar from a lot of Spanish food.

One American food that's amazing and should be everywhere (but isn't) is chowder in a sourdough bowl.
>>
French fries, pizza and taco.
>>
>>67933387
You clearly have no clue, do you?

American fast food is overpriced, poor quality and bland. They can never win against local cuisine. Its been 20 years so far, I dont see McDonalds replacing the neighborhood restaurant any time soon.

American fast food is being marketed as a upscale aspirational food for rich people. So you have a lot of people splurging to try it once and then realizing what a colossal waste it is. Repeat customers are few and usually rich. They dont stand a chance to win over the masses.

Pizza came closest to winning over the Indian population, but they misinterpreted the demand and jacked up prices to American levels. Since the income levels in India are nowhere similar, pizza is priced at fine dining prices here with fast food like ambience. Another failure.

I would have liked to see mexican food take off, but so far tacobell has been fucking it up with abyssmal quality food and the local mexican restraurants are priced at 5x of already overpriced tacobell.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.