[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Chicago like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: CN_chicagosunset.jpg (298KB, 750x350px) Image search: [Google]
CN_chicagosunset.jpg
298KB, 750x350px
What is Chicago like?
>>
new york lite
>>
typical american shithole
>>
They just won the World Series.
>>
Polish diaspora.
>>
>>67533277
midtown madness
>>
File: nice za.jpg (657KB, 1900x1425px) Image search: [Google]
nice za.jpg
657KB, 1900x1425px
>>67533277
A wonderful place, home of the famous 'Go® 'Za™
>>
>>67533277
iraq
>>
>>67533453
idiot
>>
HOOF
>>
File: 1475297112562.gif (1021KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
1475297112562.gif
1021KB, 375x212px
It gets bitterly cold in the winter, -40 isn't unheard of. Also, driving around the city is fucking infuriating, and I've come to believe pretty much anything goes as long as your hazard lights are on. Since there is absolutely nowhere to park in the entire city, in a lot of residential neighborhoods cars stop in the middle of the goddamn street when they're waiting to pick someone up. Worse still, when you get stuck at stoplights, toothless hobos that stand in the middle of the street will knock on your window asking for money. Their highways are also under constant construction so they do this fun thing where every 100 feet the lanes will shift 5 feet to the left or right. The public transportation is decent though.

Chicago style pizza is overrated, as are Italian beef sandwiches (microwave a roast beef sandwich and you have the authentic Chicago experience). The food at Harold's Chicken is great, but it's kinda sad that all the workers and registers are behind a wall of bulletproof glass. You can thank the south side of Chicago for that though.

Chinatown is ok, the food is good, but every store sells exactly the same crap. Most of the merchandise is actually Japanese or Korean.
>>
>>67533277
The best city in America if you stay out of the nigger-infested warzones

t. Texan
>>
Its ~60% great or at least o.k., and 40% dump, zoo, and/or warzone. All the good stuff in the city (and there is a lot of it) is in the good part. Outside of niggerville, your biggest worry typically is an obnoxious bum asking for crack money.
>>
File: image.jpg (674KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
674KB, 1600x1068px
>>
>>67533277
windy
>>
>>67541802
Shut the Hell up, leaf.
>>
File: 1355870055970.jpg (73KB, 640x646px) Image search: [Google]
1355870055970.jpg
73KB, 640x646px
>>
Has the best 'za in the world
>>
>>67539557
>it's kinda sad that all the workers and registers are behind a wall of bulletproof glass.

Jesus... I've only seen at cornerstores and check cash places in the ghettos here in Texas, never anywhere else
>>
>>67533277
I had a friend I made on the internet from Aurora, Illinois, near Chicago.

Chill folk. I think I pissed her off somehow though because she stopped texting me like two months ago.
>>
>>67533277

Big American city, bright lights. Lots to do. Corrupt. Violent at times but not all the time, I guess it's more violent these days. Not a lot of nature, just constant buildings everywhere until you hit the lake.

As you might expect, many, many companies are based in and around Chicago. I used to work at a mid-sized American business and I was constantly shipping and receiving things from Chicagoland.

I visited for the second time in my life, a year ago. Since it was just me, I got a cheap motel room near the airport. There was a literal bullet hole in the window, kek, so that confirms the violent part. The rest of the room was fine, I did a bug check and didn't find anything, and I didn't bring any home with me.

I did two basic touristy things. I got a pass to the top of the "Willis" (it will always be the Sears) Tower, and I visited the art museum. I was in there for two hours, I could have spent a month in there. Very impressive, a lot of visitors were speaking French. I saw many famous paintings in person.

Chicago has the most hectic traffic that I have ever driven in. But then it's also the largest city I've ever been in, period, so meh.

The real reason why I was in town was to see a concert, which was just a block away from Wrigley Field. That all went without incident. Due to this visit, I've been bandwagoning the cubs a bit, so it's nice that they won this year.

Overall I enjoyed my visit. i don't travel much, outside my little part of the world. Visited Chicago twice lifetime, zero shooting incidents (true story)
>>
4 or 5
>>
I wish I would live in America, waiting for a lottery win.
>>
File: 1474634779581.png (504KB, 619x608px) Image search: [Google]
1474634779581.png
504KB, 619x608px
Niggers/liberals everywhere
>>
>>67543670

It's only like that in the shit neighborhoods
>>
File: chicago_hdi.png (83KB, 527x748px) Image search: [Google]
chicago_hdi.png
83KB, 527x748px
Relevant
>>
File: 136.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
136.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>67545054
that pic
>>
>>67545462
>implying Chicago isn't the most segregated relevant city in the US
>>
>>67545462
t. never been to Chicago or googled government filed crime statistics
>>
shit like every other big city.
>>
>>67543601
lol
>>
CHI
>>
>>67534501
NO U
>>
Are there a lot of LTR-tier high quality qts in Chicago?
I'm not talking about slut tier girl there are already plenty of those around
>>
>>67533277
A tool to trigger my former colleague with.
>>
>>67547107
Just gotta know what you're looking for.

>>67547326
Is he a Chicagoan?
>>
>>67540521

That's why some people call it chicongo?
>>
File: Chicago from the river.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago from the river.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
Outstanding architecture.
>>
>>67545054
>Liberals

The liberal thing is funny. When they talked about putting a dollar or two dollar a month tax on Netflix to help pay for that broke ass city, they all cried about it.

I'm enjoying my time around the petrochemical area of Houston now.
>>
>>67545054
>liberals
We're actually fairly conservative given cities in the Great Lakes/Northeast.
>Don't like increased taxes
>A large part is Catholic
>retained Capital Punishment until the 1990s, and only got rid of it because our cops are too corrupt to keep innocents off Death Row
Just to name a few
>>
>>67547431
Doesn't every major city in Texas vote Democrat?
>>
Fun fact: the Chicago River originally drained into Lake Michigan, which was and is Chicago's main water source. When industrial activity and thus pollution increased along the river, this became problematic, so we built a waterworks system so that it'd drain to the Illinois River, and ultimately to the Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico, instead.

To this day, IIRC, the Chicago River remains the only river to flow backwards.
>>
File: 1443750965678.jpg (92KB, 1092x576px) Image search: [Google]
1443750965678.jpg
92KB, 1092x576px
>>67545462
>>
Like any American city
t. expert
>>
>>67547481
I'm pretty sure it votes blue because of unions. Shit, they tell them who to vote for. But yeah your right. It's bit of a poltical facade.

Plus how many black and Puerto Ricans would vote conservative.
>>
>>67547524
Austin for sure. I'm not sure about Dallas but for Houston, Haris County voted Blue this election (at lot of ethnic groups). The metro and suburbs vote strongly conservative so takes the wind of out the liberal vote.
>>
>>67545054
Chicago has always been trash. The crack epidemic didn't even affect them because their crime rate was already so high. Between organized crime and gang warfare the city was always doomed. Unlike NYC where the projects are contained, there are entire crime infested neighborhoods in Chicago, not just blocked off housing developments
>>
>>67547774
You're not quite wrong, with the whole Al Capone and stuff; I guess we're a boomtown that never quite grew out of it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.