[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Portuguese diasporafag anything. I will answer all questions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: picture.jpg (34KB, 518x245px) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
34KB, 518x245px
Ask a Portuguese diasporafag anything. I will answer all questions.
>>
>>67466652
why are we superior to every other diaspora?
>>
>A FUCKIN ALBERTO BARBOSA
>>
>>67466691
I don't know. I think the Avecs are hated by pretty much everyone.

I haven't heard anything bad about us or the US diaspora, though. You in New England?
>>
>>67466652
What makes you feel Portuguese?
What makes you feel Canadian?

>>67466691
Same for you, except s/Canadian/American/
>>
>>67466933
Having grown up with a consciousness of my ethnic identity, mostly. I was raised in a Portuguese neighbourhood so I have always been keenly aware of my roots. It's inescapable.

I'm totally Canadian as far as culture is concerned, though. When I go to Portugal it's not like I feel at home; I'm definitely an alien there and the culture feels somewhat familiar and somewhat alien at the same time from my perspective.
>>
>>67467057
What province do you live in ?
>>
>>67466652
What's it like knowing your family came from the most third world country in Western Europe?
>>
>>67467110
Ontario.
>>
>>67467158
Portugal is by definition not third world. I understand that you, as a Brazilian whose country is more akin to the world's largest unenclosed zoo than anything bearing even the remotest resemblance to a functioning state, are more interested in showing just how big the chip on your shoulder is than asking a legitimate question, but I'll answer anyway.

I'm fine with my family's origins. A have a good family and a good community. I see nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>67467259
>I see nothing to be ashamed of.
>Gets triggered anyways.

It's ok Anony kun, your family is far from all of that now.

Shh no tears, only dreams now.
>>
File: Lisboa.jpg (276KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Lisboa.jpg
276KB, 1600x1064px
>>67467259
I thought first world countries had no favelas. I was also quite surprised to know the average Portuguese earns 10x more in Angola than they do in Portugal.
https://youtu.be/dv6QhRMla_4?t=206

Also, Portugal resembles Rio de Janeiro in many aspects, it even has favelas and public shootings. I just hope you're not building any favelas in Canada.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWTTitg5RM [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-rFPts0014 [Embed]
>>
>>67467330
I thought your autobiography was excellent, btw.
>>
>>67466652
When you go back ?
>>
>>67467367
Fortunately none of that has much of anything at all to do with me. I'm on the other side of the Atlantic.
>>
>>67467372
>Can't handle the banter: the post
>>
File: 1477240586630.jpg (124KB, 959x708px)
1477240586630.jpg
124KB, 959x708px
>>67467382
Never.
>>
File: Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg (61KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg
61KB, 630x421px
>>67467372
>>
Why does Canada have such a high Barbosa diaspora anyways?
>>
>>67467939
Many of the immigrants came here in flight of the Estado Novo. I couldn't tell you why they chose Canada specifically. Maybe it was just a shorter trip from the Azores than a place like Brazil.
>>
>>67468058
I'm pretty sure GetĂșlio Vargas had a large part over Portuguese immigrants rejecting Brazil. You wouldn't want to flee a dictatorship to go to another dictatorship, nor a republic ruled by someone who was a dictator just 5 years ago.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.