[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Genome Editing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

http://www.nature.com/news/crispr-gene-editing-tested-in-a-person-for-the-first-time-1.20988?WT.mc_id=FBK_NA_1611_FHNEWSCRISPRTESTED_PORTFOLIO

>A Chinese group has become the first to inject a person with cells that contain genes edited using the revolutionary CRISPR–Cas9 technique.
>On 28 October, a team led by oncologist Lu You at Sichuan University in Chengdu delivered the modified cells into a patient with aggressive lung cancer as part of a clinical trial at the West China Hospital, also in Chengdu.
>"I think this is going to trigger ‘Sputnik 2.0’, a biomedical duel on progress between China and the United States, which is important since competition usually improves the end product,” he says.

America, your turn.
>>
File: Murican2.jpg (16KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
Murican2.jpg
16KB, 350x319px
>>67462608
Yeah, I think they're a little too busy celebrating Trump pulling them out of the Paris accord, re-inserting "intelligent design" into their school curriculum and allowing them to avoid dangerous autism inducing vaccination.
>>
Unfortunately i think it's potential will be supressed. Maybe chinks will use it, but we won't see it in West.
>>
>>67464163
>but we won't see it in West
For shame.
>>
>>67463725
You overestimate us lad. All our research from the govt. goes into blowing shit up.
>>
>>67468234
No it goes towards murder and war, explosions are big enough,think about the crazy genocides bioweapons can cause.
>>
>>67462608
Didn't a Chinese scientist tried some kind of gene therapy here in Mexico because we don't have a regulation for that stuff?
>>
>>67464163
This

Gene editing will never be approved by the FDA or the European health commission for the same reason Phage therapy isn't.
>>
>>67462608
>b-but Chinese can't invent
>>
>>67471045
>for the same reason Phage therapy isn't.
Reason being? I'd say never say never
>>
File: nature-crispr-map-inline.jpg (266KB, 630x950px) Image search: [Google]
nature-crispr-map-inline.jpg
266KB, 630x950px
>>67470930
Really? I thought our laws were very restrictive, in that regard.
>>
>>67472752
That's for eugenics mostly, not gene therapy

>>67467257
If it ever succeeds chances are it will be available to Americans in Tijuana
>>
the future needs to happen faster
>>
>>67472882
You could help with that.
>>
>>67463725
You have way too much faith in American competence and efficiency. The phrase "military-grade" doesn't inspire confidence here.
>>
File: tumblr_nant6zUvgI1s60w99o1_1280.jpg (376KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nant6zUvgI1s60w99o1_1280.jpg
376KB, 960x1280px
genetically modified qts pls gib
>>
File: IMG_0852.jpg (22KB, 228x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0852.jpg
22KB, 228x217px
>>67462608
>You were born too early to have your ugly manlet genes edited out
>>
>>67462608
>>67475055
>You were born too early to have normie genes spliced into your dna
>>
>>67475055
;-;
>>
>>67475055
Nah, you should be proud for not being a lanket. We need less food and waste less oxygen.
>>
>>67475055
>you were born just in time for whiteness to not be a privilege
>you were born just in time for shitskins and riceniggers to become white because caucasians is objectively the most attractive race
>you were born just in time for manlets to become extinct and gooks will be taller and physically superior than you

What a fucking nightmare desu
>>
>>67462608
These unethical gook fags are gonna fu k around and inadvertently create a sythetic disease that no human has the antibodies for, this deztroying the human race.

DONT fu k with gene editing. How many times must I tell you bipedal simian fucks.

Jesus fucking CHRIST.
>>
>>67477302
Tell me about FTL travel, ayylmao-kun
>>
>>67477235
>What a fucking nightmare
Probably for losers like you whose pitiful existence is only validified by their race
>>
>>67477371
>trusting that people arent going to be using this to get their children the biggest advantage as possible
And dont tell me that looks isnt a major advantage.
>>
>>67477325
Well, contrary to poular thought it isnt so difficult once you understand the elegant interplay between space and time and the manipulation of elementary parties within a predetermined field of ..wait, I mean, "what?"
>>
>>67462608
What good could it possibly do to inject a person with genetic material in that situation? You can't edit genes of a grown ass person.
>>
>>67477406
They will, and it only bothers you because you'll no longer feel special afterwards. Hence what I said.
>>
>>67477426
>>
Cancer is when someone absolutly do not want to live.
Nothing can help here.
>>
>>67477527
Kek, Russians are so tough they can get rid of cancer by their will.
>>
File: wow.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>67477633
Yes.
Cancer is state of mind.
Happy person=healthy person.
That is how it works.
>>
>>67462608
China is modernizing really fast and expanding their universities massively. They'll outpace US research within a decade (especially now that the orange, anti-science man will be running the show).
>>
>>67477681
>expanding their universities massively
Their universities are a joke and their journals aren't worth the paper they're printed on. It'll get better in the future probably but at the moment they still have some ways to catch up to the developed world in academic research.
>>
>>67479101
Most of their universities are a bit shit but their bigger ones (e.g. Nanjing, Peking or HKU) are surprisingly good. They're certainly behind at the moment but they are massively investing in their research infrastructure and I'm seeing more and more Chinese researchers/universities publishing in big journals like PRL and Nature. Couple that with their large population and I honestly think they'll be overtaking the US in the near future.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.