[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did they lose this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

How the fuck did they lose this?
>>
because they had home advantage
>>
>>67399555
>high command are retards
Would you like to tell us something that we didn't know?
>>
A foreign force attacking a cunt with natural defences
>>
>>67399555
You can't win 'em all.
>>
>>67399637
>>67399643
I just realised they had almost double the man-power and think they most likely superior weaponry

the only thing I can think of that allied commanders were super retarded

is there any movie or legit documentary that summaries this battle and the aftermath?
>>
>>67399555
>How the fuck did they lose this?
Soviet jew sent them aids
>>
>>67399737
Oh it's about Gallipoli? I thought it was about war for independence
Well:German officers
>>
>>67399693
>is there any movie or legit documentary that summaries this battle and the aftermath?
The BBC has some, but I couldn't tell you their names
>>
In the movie Gallipoli, the commander blows the whistle and sends men running right into machine gun fire over and over, and his direct superior won't stop even though everyone is dying.

I dunno how true to life that is.
>>
>>67399800
It happened at the Battle of the Somme
>>
>>67399555
>supreme german command officers

turks still belief it was there doing lol
>>
>>67399693
>>67399637
Wow, it's almost like the same thing applies to Italy, with cadorna and his idiotic 11 attempted battles for the isonzo.
Double standards much, eh albion?
>>
File: 1478631807704.jpg (31KB, 320x307px) Image search: [Google]
1478631807704.jpg
31KB, 320x307px
>>67399968
>Shitaly in charge of picking officiers
>Shitaly in charge of handling anything
>>
>>67399555
Forcing the Dardanelles required taking Istanbul, which the Turks would obviously fight their hardest to protect. The entente commanders made several strategic blunders on top of that - They committed to an assault on the mined channel, then aborted it too early to launch a ground attack, then landed at the wrong beachhead, assaulted without support, and took thousands of casualties for no tactical gain.
>>
File: Sir_Douglas_Haig.jpg (20KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
Sir_Douglas_Haig.jpg
20KB, 250x367px
>>67400014
>ENGLAND IN CHARGE OF PICKING GENERALS
>ENGLAND IN CHARGE OF BREACHING THE SOMME
AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH
>>
>>67399555
why did they try to invade Turkey again?
>>
>>67400216
Oil Grab
>>
>>67400304
nah.logistics
>>
File: mums were fugged.gif (2MB, 463x360px) Image search: [Google]
mums were fugged.gif
2MB, 463x360px
Turkish resolve cannot be shattered
>>
>>67399555
They fought at home. 12th player factor I guess. Also the ottomans were severely underestimated and the whole thing was badly executed.
Here's a nice youtube channel about ww1 if you want a little more detail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LsF7gIrHh0&index=52&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT
>>
>>67399555
>Sanders
Feel the bern
>>
>>67399800
You basically described every single battle in WW1 except with less artillery
>>
>>67401250
You mean more artilley. At the somme more than 1,5 million shells were fired.
75% of all KIA and WIA during the great war were caused by arty.
>>
>>67401290
I meant his post didn't include enough artillery
>>
>>67399756
German officers were shit mostly. They didn't know anything about defending a strait. It got better after they have been expelled.
>>
>>67399555
The geography of Ionia does not support land invasions, whilst Greece was unwilling to join the fight.

So the British high command assumed that the navy would suppress any resistance until they carved inland.

In reality, it was a slaughter of men pushed against a hillside with very litttle water, unfriendly geography and no real mobility.

Churchill fucked that up, as the glory seeking ass he was.
>>
>>67399555
Firstly the idea was to send a naval squadron down the Dardanelles to force the strait and destroy the Turkish gun emplacements, but instead a few battleships got blown up by sea mines and the entire operation failed. Then several beachheads were supposed to be established to march on Istanbul, both the French/British landings and the ANZAC one were done in the wrong area, with big mountain slopes and cliffs facing directly across the beach.

A lot of progress was made at first but the Turks resisted fiercely and pushed back, then more and more reinforcements arrived and it was already a lost cause. The fundamental issue with all of these WW1 campaigns was that nobody was allowed to say no and fuck off, so the Allies built trenches and charged up the slopes fruitlessly for 8 months until someone realised they could die more productively elsewhere.

The only good thing about the operation was that the withdrawal went very well, all of the ANZAC soldiers were evacuated before the Turks realised what was happening because they had a system where the rifles they left behind would fire every so often to hide the evacuation.
>>
>>67400304
there is no oil in turkey though
>>
please delete this thread and all posts contained within
>>
The invasion was delayed which gave the Turks moe time to dig and get ready.

A competent commander would have cancelled it or changed the landing to somewhere else but the British high command in WW1 was beyond retarded so they basically got wrecked by a force that was waiting for them.
>>
>>67401488
Drip guns
>>
This is what happens when you count on kiwis and Aussies to do anything.
>>
>>67403970
No, you're just an asshole. They fought a foreign war under an incompetent British command and many of them were killed, needlessly.
>>
>>67399860
>turks still belief it was there doing lol
What?
>>
The Irish are the blacks of Europe.
Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland.
So, say it with me -
I'm black and I'm proud.
>>
>>67399555
This is one of the times Constantinople could be returned to Christian hands but fucking Brits had to ruin it.
>>
>>67399693
>I just realised they had almost double the man-power
If you're attacking someone, you're supposed to have at least a 3 to 1 disparity in strength.
>>
>>67399860
>>67399756
Even though Liman von Sanders is a great general most of his calls during the Gallipoli defense turned out to be wrong.
That's why Atatürk shined in Gallipoli, most of his predictions on where enemy will attack from, try to capture etc.. was very accurate.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 747x959px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 747x959px
>>67399555
How the fuck did they lose this more like.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.