[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't Europeans enjoy football?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: rasms.png (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rasms.png
30KB, 500x500px
Why don't Europeans enjoy football?
>>
Don't the games in the UK sell out?
>>
*handegg
>>
It gets bantered a lot here, but I actually like it as a sport. The whole "hurr durr muh commercials muh padding" is more of a symptom of American society rather than anything inherent in the sport, and the exact same thing would happen to Rugby if you introduced it in the US.
>>
i watched two games so far and it was fucking boring like soccer
>>
adverts
>>
Because unlike American Football , Football is very integrated into our society
>>
>>67372901
The same thing happens with Hockey and Basketball here, and to a lesser extent Baseball. See >>67372814
>>
>>67372814
>I actually like it as a sport.
Humm
>>
>>67372759
They play a handful there. It's just a special event, probably curiosity more than anything.

The quality of play has gone down the tubes though. They try to enforce all these safety rules despite it being a violent game at its core.

The brain damage thing has them reeling, and the only real way to lessen it is to make it rugby. Quality of play well go down as talent dries up from parents keeping their kids out of it.
>>
>>67372759
the games when they were in the UK fucking sold like crazy
>>
>>67372978
Do they not have padding there? I know they banter it for having a lot of armor.
>>
>>67372927
it's just too much though

game takes like 2-3 hours to watch, and you only see 15 minutes of actual play. thankfully we don't get ads, just Mike Carlson's punditry whose a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>67373123
Fair enough, the clock generally stops for a bit whenever there's a tackle due to the nature of the game (i.e., forming a new line of scrimmage for the next down), and I can see where those can be exploited for ads, but at the very least there's an hour of it for every 2-3 hours.
>>
>>67372680
hand egg*
>>
>>67372764
>>67373377
It's called "football" because it evolved from the same Medieval English tradition of Football, which was itself called that because it was played on foot, as Soccer, Canadian Football, and Rugby.
>>
>>67373432
then it should be called footegg, but not football

>americans in charge of naming sports properly
>>
>>67373683
It was shaped as a ball in the early days (somewhat similar to a modern Rugby ball), and the name has stuck.
>>
>americans cannot enjoy a sport with not beating the fuck out of your opponent
>>
>>67372680
But we do
>>
>>67373780
>what is Baseball
>>
>>67373844
>you don't beat the fuck out of your opponent
>but you beat the fuck out of a ball
ok
>>
>>67373913
Hey, Sports are supposed to be a bit aggressive.
>>
File: 14454069013.png (14KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
14454069013.png
14KB, 400x395px
>>67373780
>Eurocucks consider something a sport despite the fact you can't beat the piss and shit out of the other team
>>
>>67374760
>americans call little girls rugby "foot ball"

Lose the protective gear, then we'll talk.
>>
>>67375051
violent sport + nanny state, I guess
>>
>>67375051
>this meme again
It's worn so you can tackle people with full force, and even with the pads football is rougher than rugby.
>>
>>67372978
me and a few friends like it mainly out of curiosity and maden is quite fun but when it came to what teams we liked we just kinda picked any
I picked raiders
>>
>>67375404
>muh full force
>muh fat niggas
>muh pacey niggas
>muh superb owl
>muh ads and fake celebs singing muh anthem
>muh stars n stripes

Americans would be cute, if they weren't fat retarded sacks of shit
>>
>>67373780
>do something dirty in football
>other team cries and you are free to do it again

>do something dirty in hockey
>get your teeth punched in

It's about respect
>>
File: non_argument_levels.jpg (33KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
non_argument_levels.jpg
33KB, 567x565px
>>67375495
>I picked raiders
They're a bit bad. I'd say go with the Broncos myself.

>>67375970
picrelated
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.