[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ethnic groups does /int/ find to be the most interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

Which ethnic groups does /int/ find to be the most interesting? Extinct groups are welcome too.

For me it is the Nuristanis of Afghanistan.
They are an ancient ethnic group mentioned in the Rigveda as being present in the Battle of the Ten Kings in 14th century BC.
Often thought to be descendants of Alexander the Great's army due to their fair complexions, this theory was disproven.

Their region was called Kafiristan and they were called Kafirs due to being pagans, and were forcibly converted to Islam in 1895. Since then the province is called Nuristan, "the land of the enlighted". They are also notable for being the first to rise against Soviet occupation.

Today there are only 125-300 thousand left due to war, and many are mixed with other ethnic groups.
>>
File: nuristani family.jpg (198KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
nuristani family.jpg
198KB, 750x562px
They are also unique in making wooden houses in which they have tables and chairs. Other Afghans eat cross-legged on the floor.
>>
b-bump
>>
>>67292340
I kinda like the tartars.
Central asia is such a weird place.
>>
The Tainos, the indigenous people in this island. They were the first people the Spanish met when they arrived to this hemisphere.
>>
>>67292340
>They are also notable for being the first to rise against Soviet occupation.
Poland defeat URSS in 1921.
Funland also fight against Polish Invasion.

I think the gypsies interesting.
There are record of them being expel from India for laziness.
>>
>>67293347
>against Polish Invasion
Soviet
>>
>>67293347
I meant the first in Afghanistan to do it.

Yeah Gypsies are very interesting, especially the ones that still live in Rajasthan, India
>>
>>67292340
>14th century BC
>descendants of Alexander the Great
>this is disproven
wow really who would have thought
>>
>>67293536
I mentioned it because it was a widely held belief that they and the Kalash are descendants so DNA tests were done
>>
>>67292340
Doubt you'll get many interesting answers here desu. I do recall though from my Asian linguistics course last semester that there is an ethnic group in Afghanistan whose members claim to be direct descendants of Genghis Khan. Genetic testing revealed that a disproportionately large percentage of them were indeed directly related to him, even compared to actual Mongolians living in Mongolia.
>>
>>67292340
>>67292620
>>67292460
>>67294915
They have that soul-less look in their eyes though.
>>
Pashtuns are subhuman animals
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.