/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat 3rd-Worlder, what is it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

It must be hell.

I know fat 1st-Worlders just have zero will-power and are generally accepted. Thought of as lesser beings, yes, but still generally accepted.
>>
>>67272395
I'd imagine probably the same way except people are much less politically correct and treat fat people as the piece of shit they are
>>
>>67272395
poor people are more likely to be fat because foods that make you fat are cheaper where as excercising and eating healthy costs money and time
>>
>>67272710
>poor people are more likely to be fat because foods that make you fat are cheaper

Like which ones?

It's a lot more affordable to eat food that isn't garbage

>where as excercising and eating healthy costs money and time
Eating takes the same amount of time regardless and exercising barely costs any money - what are you even talking about? $30/month for a gym membership?
>>
>>67272746
>affordable

poor people have families who dont like meme foods like celery or brocalli that dont have enough calories like mcdonalds
>>
>>67272746

Fast foods, processed foods, microwavable foods, junk food, etc. All cheap and full of sat/trans fat and calories.
>>
>>67272746
>$30 month a gym membership? like literally?

theres your rich people privledge speaking. better go check it.
>>
>>67272782
>Fast foods, processed foods, microwavable foods, junk food, etc. All cheap and full of sat/trans fat and calories.

How is that any cheaper than any buying vegetables, oats, chicken, eggs, milk, peanut butter, etc?

It really isn't. How much is a dozen eggs or a lb of chicken breast where you live? And how much is a big mac combo?

>>67272797
$30 a month is for rich people?

That's under 3 hours of minimum wage work here. Are we talking about poor people or people who don't work at all?

I'd imagine even if you weren't formally employed you could mow grass or shovel some snow to make $30 in a month. It's not very unreasonable. Maybe $10/driveway and shovel 3 driveways in a month?
>>
>>67272862
>its a middle class white kid from toronto thinks he knows what its like to be poor and cant understand how millions dont have time or money to devote the tiniest amount of money to something
>>
>>67272925
Pls explain it to me then

Because fastfood seems more expensive than buying regular food. I'm looking up Publix prices right now to try to see if it really is more expensive.
>>
>>67272862
>how is it cheaper

its not just the price of the food. you actually have to cook it. that costs more money then picking up mcdonalds after work in between your two or three shifts.

cooking supplies, gas bills to use heater, etc. add up. not only that but that takes time which they dont have. many poor people have three or more part time jobs to make ends meet. they are literally working 24/7 and have no energy to cook.

seriously check your privledge white boy.
>>
>>67272955
see
>>67272967
Cooking takes time which they dont have. They are on there way to their second shift at Mcdonalds or Burger King after 10 hours working at Chiptole. Thats the reality of poor people. They dont have a 9-5 job like middle class people do. They have a 1-3 job and then a 3-7 job and then a 8-11 job and by the time they come back home they are tired.
>>
>>67272925
wait it doesn't say prices wtf

>you actually have to cook it. that costs more money then picking up mcdonalds after work in between your two or three shifts.

How long does it take to cook some food?

I prep my food for a week and it takes me about an hour or an hour and a half to prepare enough food for a week for work.

Do they have so little time they can't spend it on that?
>>
>>67272990
>They are on there way to their second shift at Mcdonalds or Burger King after 10 hours working at Chiptole.

Whoa, they work so much?

How are they so poor then? And why do they still work at McDonald's?

Here in Canada those jobs are mostly reserved for highschool and College students or immigrants who are new to the country.

Do adults who are native to the United States really work menial minimum-wage labor?

Why didn't they build any sort of skillset or get an education?
>>
>>67272990
>Thats the reality of poor people. They dont have a 9-5 job like middle class people do. They have a 1-3 job and then a 3-7 job and then a 8-11 job and by the time they come back home they are tired.

Damn dude that's weird.

my parents came from a 3rd world country and now we live very comfortably somehow.

How come my parents could make something of themselves and yet people here probably for generations are still poor?
>>
>>67272997
>meal prep meme

Kids are fickle they dont want the same shit every day unless its chicken tendies. and yes they dont have time. they work weekends too.

>>67273024
because min wage jobs dont have you work 40 hour weeks, they assign you ten hour weeks so you have to go find another job so you can max a work week. $10 for 40 hours a week amounts to 20k a year with two weeks of paid time off. thats not enough to support yourself or a family which many poor people have.

thats why niggers just stay on the dole because there is no point in having a job.
>>
>>67273090
>thats not enough to support yourself or a family which many poor people have.

Dats weird. My parents somehow make over $120k combined now and we came from a 3rd world shithole. How did that happen?

>thats why niggers just stay on the dole because there is no point in having a job.

But doesn't that stagnate you and keep you there forever?

Seems a little self-destructive longterm.
>>
>>67273024
>why dint they get a education

cause it costs money and time which they dont have and its scary risking 20k on your future when there is no guarentee you will pass or even get a job at the end. you are very lucky that you have the intelligence to make it through college. most people do not.

>>67273064
cause you had the money to emigrate that costs a lot of money. your the upper class of your immigrant country and could leave. the people stuck in wherever you're from are the same kind of poor people in our country you just see them and not the other ones more often since you live in a bubble.
>>
>>67273130
>doesnt that stagnate you and keep you there forever?

when you have kids your mindset changes. its no longer how do i build myself but how i build my kids and you want to do whats right for them so jose works 24/7 building walls for 3 pesos so he can put food on the table for his kids. he dont have time or smarts to learn engineering he got kids to feed. and his kids are bad hombres so they continue the trend.
>>
>>67273145
>the people stuck in wherever you're from are the same kind of poor people in our country you just see them and not the other ones more often since you live in a bubble.

Yeah you're right.

But surely being an immigrant from a 3rd world country and coming to a country where you can barely speak the language and rise up to middleclass a LITTLE bit harder than being a native of the US for 3+ generations and still being poor?

>you are very lucky that you have the intelligence to make it through college. most people do not.

It has nothing to do with intelligence but rather work ethic. Most people are average iq(obviously) and that is enough.

Besides, they don't necessarily have to go to college to become an engineer.

They could do trades?

Go to community college and get FAFSA loans?

Join the bloated US military?

Do these ideas make sense
>>
>>67273179
Why did he have kids if he's so poor then?

Isn't that kind of on him for making a bad choice?
>>
>>67273179
By the way, what's this thing?

I've heard of this thing called Jobcorps in the US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_Corps

>Job Corps is a program administered by the United States Department of Labor that offers free-of-charge education and vocational training to young men and women ages 16 to 24.[1]

Is this a feasible idea for some of these poor people?

It seems like it would command a salary higher than minimum wage, and it seems to be free administered by the US DoL.

Could they do something like that instead of working at mcdonalds?

Also are FAFSA loans a meme? Can you go to CC for 2 years with FAFSA then transfer to a 4 year school with great marks and maybe go for free?
>>
>>67273195
thats the beauty of north america; you can be a immigrant and still succeed. countless immigrants have done that. my parents have too. its not unusual.

>trades
>community college
>fafsa
>millitary

kids and costs associated with it

>>67273210
banning people from not having kids because you dont think its in there best interest is against us ideals. we are not fascists.
>>
>>67273278
>banning people from not having kids because you dont think its in there best interest is against us ideals

I didn't say banning, but surely that's a bad choice to make if you barely have any money?

Seems like not the brightest idea. Do they have access to abortions, morning-after pill or contraceptives like condoms or birth control in the US?

I'm not aware if those are available. Do they cost a lot of money? Planned Parenthood is an expensive organization that charges ludicrous amounts of money for these products doesn't it?
>>
>>67273276
fafsa is a meme. its stupidly hard to keep it and work three jobs and not get kicked off since you basically need perfect marks. thats why many dont go into engineering since they rely on gpa to fund their college.

we can do this country a great service by ridding the requirements of college loans needing a certain gpa
>>
>>67273309
Nope never mind, I stand corrected. it would appear they're free or inexpensive.

>So stocking up on condoms not only helps you be prepared, it can also save money. Affordable or free condoms are often available at Planned Parenthood health centers, family planning clinics, your local health department, community centers, college health centers, or your doctor's office.

Maybe the poor could take out a loan to afford some of these free or inexpensive condoms?

>>67273321
>we can do this country a great service by ridding the requirements of college loans needing a certain gpa

Wouldn't that lead to a lot more people defaulting on their loans?

If you're incapable of getting a certain GPA perhaps the idea is that you don't belong in College and maybe would be better suited for something like the trades or working as a mcdonalds manager?
>>
>>67273309
they can do those things but it doesnt stop the reality that poor people out breed educated rich people
>>
>>67273367
That's fine, not everyone can be rich.

We need people cleaning our toilets or doing jobs we don't want to do as well.
>>
>>67273356
>trades or mcdonalds manager

mcdonalds manager gets paid $13. trades cost money like college does so without fasfa they cant go.

>take a loan
cant you have to be able to pay a loan back and prove you can do so; very hard to do that when you only make a certain wage.
>>
>>67273393
>trades cost money like college does so without fasfa they cant go.

Jobcorps?

It says it provides free of charge training, administered by the Department of Labor. is it a scam or something?
>>
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>67273410
job corps are just drug fronts

leaving job corps doesnt get you a job i mean fuck berkely students cant even find a job. america like other countries look down and think of them as not reputable places
>>
>>67273464
>mean fuck berkely students cant even find a job

Which major?

Women's and gender studies double major?

Every single person I know who actually got a decent GPA and majored in a non-meme has a pretty decent job, even the ones that went to relatively shit schools.
>>
>>67272395
being fat is a virtue in the 3rd world though
>>
>>67273537
this. third world countries are high test.
>>
>>67272862
It's cheaper.
Most of people in Russia eat food like boiled or rusted potatoes with cheap chicken and we all cover it with tons of mayonnaise. It's cheap and tasty but it makes you fat.
Also no one here cares if you're fat, we have more serious problems so we don't care about meme issues. Arguing about political correctness, fat people etc are the problems of rich countries. We are usually arguing about real shit like retarded policies of the government, people put in prison for posts on internet etc.
>>
>>67273652
Is that why you guys commit so much credit card fraud?

In hopes of a better life? I'll keep that in mind next time my credit card gets stolen and they send me a new one.
>>
>>67273410
Most trades you just go fucking do.
Get hired knowing nothing as an apprentice and learn and work your way up.
Many of them pay for or help you through any sort of classroom training you need or you can go to a local community college and do all the classroom stuff first instead of doing it mixed with your on the job training.
If you want to be a plumber just go apply at plumbing companies.
Median salary for a plumber in the US is $50,000 a year which is about the same as your average college graduate.
>>
>>67273683
But that other anon said that poor people can never climb out of their rut?

Maybe you're lying?
>>
>>67273309
Because people are stupid. My parents made my brother despite we live in a two room flat. We still live there, 4 people in 2 rooms. I sleep in a two tier bed in a 9 m^2 room. I am about to afford renting my own flat only now, as I found gf and finished uni, because it's too expensive to rent it alone - 1 room flat here costs like 400$ per month and my salary is 600% (engineer). You westerners just don't realize how the life in shitty country is.
>>
>>67273766
>You westerners just don't realize how the life in shitty country is.

I do.

And that's why I'm always angry at people who waste their opportunities whining about "Muh depression" or "muh anxiety" or "Muh AMERIKKKA" when I realize there's kids living in Cambodia or Siberia or whatever who have big dreams but will probably never make it.
>>
>>67273024
there are lots of middle aged and old people working minimum wage jobs in Canada too. just check out a grocery store or a dollar store on weekdays.
>>
>>67273884
Yeah but rarely.

And it makes me wonder what they did during their lives.

So they're 30-40+ years old. What did they do? They have the skillset of a literal 16 year old, pimply teenager who works part-time to buy weed to smoke with his friends.

How can you even live when you know you're such a failure you've spent more than double as much time on earth as someone, and STILL can't earn more money than them, or have more responsibilities?

It's fucking pathetic. It makes me sick, how can you possibly stagnate that harD?

Okay maybe severe mental or physical handicap. I understand.

Maybe first 2 months in Canada don't speak English. I understand.

But these people have been here for like 10 generations and are fully healthy.

YET THEY'RE STILL SO FUCKING SUBHUMAN

I DONT GET IT
>>
>>67272395
I think that calling someone "fat" is an insult in the West, right? Here we call others fat all the time, it even has a sign of familiarity, since we don't call people whom we have just met fat.
>>
>>67273912
Dude, it's about motivation. If you move abroad, it's a bold step already, you do it to get better life, you look for opportunity. You native poorfags are another people.
>>
>>67273912
I know people who have been in Canada ~10 years and barely speak English
>>
>>67273971

How is that even possible? How do they survive in an English-speaking country without knowing the language?
>>
>>67273959
>>67273971
I just don't understand guys.

How do these people have no shame?

How do they live every day? Why havent they hung themselves from the shame of being a worthless specimen not deserving of existence?
>>
>>67273912
i'm not gonna excuse them sometimes it's really about motivation and bad habits, i've worked at a dollar store as a student job and there were some middle-aged to old people but even now I can see 2 or 3 young people who were there at the same time as me are still working there and dropped their studies "temporarily" because they weren't interested enough and I can already see them caught in the routine of this one stable job where they won't even consider you for a manager position if you're under 30
>>
>>67274032
Literally disgusting.

It makes me sick to my stomach man.

When can we round these people up and administer a lethal dose of some low cost poison?
>>
>>67274176
I wouldn't really appreciate it since one of them is my friend.
>>
>>67274194
Why do you have friends who are degenerates?

What does their friendship offer you?
>>
>>67274235
fun times with someone I like being with? I tend not to overthink friendship.
>>
>>67274384
Some guy who wrote a book once said: "You are the average of the five people you spend most time with" or something like that.

I think it has a lot behind it.
>>
>>67274408
makes sense
>>
>>67273652
But Russia, you are literally of the 2nd world. Not 3rd.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.