[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How common is homebrewing or home winemaking in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: homebrew-kit.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
homebrew-kit.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
How common is homebrewing or home winemaking in your country?

If you brew, post your brews.
>>
I really want to brew.
What equipment do I need for a basic brewing setup?

It's really not that common in Israel, but some people do it anyway.
Me and my family like to make our own sausages and smoke meat, but that's just about it.
>>
Not, beer/wine is cheap as fuck here, so people don't get interested.
>>
I make liquors: gibolin, limoncello, chestnut liquor and others
>>
File: apple pomegranate wine june 2016.jpg (101KB, 397x1000px) Image search: [Google]
apple pomegranate wine june 2016.jpg
101KB, 397x1000px
>>67019755
>What equipment do I need for a basic brewing setup?

It depends on you. You can start with a container and some kind of air lock (some people use a balloon with a pinhole), add your juice and brewing yeast, and you can make some fruit wine.

But to get better and more consistent results, you can buy a hydrometer (indirectly measures the sugar level in the liquid before fermentation), a food-grade bucket or glass carboy for fermentation.

Using some sanitizing liquid can reduce the chance of ending up with vinegar. In the pic, you can also see a tube. After fermentation, you'll find some sediment at the bottom of the fermentation bucket/carboy, so people will siphon out the liquid, leaving the sludge behind. This is important if you want a clear beer/wine.

Although it's kind of pleb, I do recommend starting with a homebrew kit. It will teach you the steps you need and give you the experience and confidence to continue on your own. I started with a winemaking kit, and since then I've made my own ciders, apple-pomegranate wine, and some meads.
>>
I've 2 huge jugs of grape wine fermenting right now

Just tried some yesterday

it knocked my cock off
>>
File: 1447916322290.png (1MB, 950x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1447916322290.png
1MB, 950x1020px
>>67018269
reposting stolen memes
>>
>>67018269
super common.

I brew mead myself.
>>
>>67018269
I've done strawberry wine but I haven't done it in a while so I don't have pictures
>>
>tfw some guy your friend knows was a homebrewer and now he's set up his own full-blown brewery
>>
>>67018269
Everyone with village-living grandparents has a small vineyard to make wine out of.

We used to own enough to make about 75 litres of wine, and like 6 litres of Jeropiga per year.

Pretty humble, but they were very poor.
>>
>>67018269
I read somewhere that 1 in 10 Americans have brewed their own liquor.

It's super common out in the country
>>
File: Tepache.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Tepache.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>67018269
Artisanal is fairly common although mostly reserved for traditional drinks like tepache, pulque, toritos and curados. Home made beer and wine is only just starting to gain some traction.
>>
File: Pulque.jpg (17KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
Pulque.jpg
17KB, 400x285px
>>67029736
>>
We make home-made Limoncello in our cellar, does that count? It's not really breweing since we cheat by buying in bulk drinking alcohol from other countries.
>>
>>67018269
Very. Like, we have thousand and thousand of small wine producers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.