[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pepe the frog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: ladda ned.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.png
10KB, 284x178px
Lads, in my final university assignment i have talk about the cultural meaning of something, i have decided to write about Pepe the frog. Here is the assignment:

*focus on a specific aspect of culture and consider its cultural meanings. Remember that cultural meanings may attach to anything, including a song, an object, a behavior, a practice, a video clip online, and so forth, and the meaning these things have are cultural in that they derive from the way the object is valued, perceived, used, discussed, joked about, condemned, etc. Cultural meanings are never easy to see, regardless of whether they are within the scope of your own cultural positioning or part of another (English-speaking) culture (and the two need not necessarily be separated), but by studying a single cultural aspect we are able to interpret the possible meanings that surround it.*

How should i argue and analyze the green frog boys? Should i argue that he is not a "white nationalist symbol" like the media claims, and explain the concept of the meme? Should i add anything to this? help me out here. When i have finished it i will upload it somewhere, a full thesis university assignment on Pepe the frog
>>
>>66977623
Pepe isn't really to do with a specific culture. It's just a meme that's used to imply smug superiority in internet arguments.
>>
File: 1478188422630.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1478188422630.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>66977695
but its clearly used and spawned from a english speaking forum based in the us. Otherwise i cant come up with something to write about oh my god i am fugged
>>
>>66977817
You'd be better off using spurdo as an example. It's more specific to Finnish culture.
>>
>>66977911
that would be a good suggestion but it has to be specifically from an english speaking culture, is there even any "english memes"
>>
File: Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan[1].jpg (113KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan[1].jpg
113KB, 300x449px
>>66978020
I can't think of any recent ones. There are older ones like "keep calm and carry on", which was to help people stay calm during the Blitz in WWII.
>>
>>66978155
THen SHIET! i dont know what to write about. Can you give me an example of something english that carries a lot of cultural meaning?? Anything?
>>
>>66978155
>>66978238
pls help....anybody?
>>
>>66978020

Anglo cunts or english speaking?

Because pepe is definitely a product of english speaking internet culture.
>>
File: 1470623607771.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470623607771.png
132KB, 396x385px
Just do it on pepe OP
>>
>>66978612
>>66978841
just any english speaking culture but probably preferably anglo, i mean its obviously used internationally but its origins is from here which is a majority english speaking culture website
>>
File: e2USoaA.jpg (337KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e2USoaA.jpg
337KB, 900x1200px
Just trying to keep this thread alive to get some more feedback on what i should write, since Pepe spawned from an english speaking culture, he can be considered an object that carries cultural meaning. Here is some more from the assignment.

***Many cultural objects engage with cultural meaning that is not tied to specific national boundaries but rather is linked to (generally) shared Western ideas about gender, power structures, social institutions, the meaning of colors and texts, etc. Most of the topics you may pick will likely be analyzable in this fashion. In contrast, to give you an opposite example, if you if you were to analyze the cultural meanings surrounding a particular phrase or cultural practice among surfers in Australia, it would be expected that you focus your analysis predominantly on cultural meanings that develop there or in media from Australia or about Australia (though some of your analysis may be relevant more generally, of course). In short, your chosen topic will partly determine the scope of your analysis.***

The only thing i struggle to come up with is the cultural meaning that pepe CARRIES, what significance does he/it have? how can i add that to my thesis?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.