[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

consider the following scenario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: gaijin.jpg (67KB, 397x541px) Image search: [Google]
gaijin.jpg
67KB, 397x541px
>you are an average koreaboo
>you spend several years studying korean
>you visit the country
>you try to talk to the locals in korean trying to improve your language skill
>everyone speaks english back at you
how would you feel?
>>
File: 02_.jpg (292KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
02_.jpg
292KB, 854x640px
>>66973533
>>you are an average koreaboo
The average koreaboo is a female and not male.
>>
if that happens you've got a strong accent still
>>
>>66973533
Tbh trying to learn the language by talking with local isn't a really good strategy.
They don't know the grammar, and actually won't correct you anyway even if they accept o speak their language.
>>
>>66973533
>wi guk in
>gai koku jin
the letters are 'foreigner'?
>>
>>66973573
k then
>average and male koreaboo
>>66973734
How else can you even immerse yourself then?
>>66973776
You got it right
>>
>>66973831
>How else can you even immerse yourself then?

Find a language partner on skype and get help from an actual teacher. Those people will be more willing to help you improve and will have some good advice.
Talking with people is more like reviewing the things you learned, you will gain fluency but the inner quality of your language won't really improve unless you actually study grammar and review your mistakes.
>>
>>66973976
Right, that makes sense. I had the same problem when I was living in America. People didn't correct my mistakes.
>>
>>66974220
>be in language class
>make a mistake in a conversation with a partner
>partner girl who knows I made a mistake just nods because no initiative
>teacher asks the class for answers
>proudly raise hand and say the wrong answer
>teacher corrects
>be disappointed in self, wonder where I went wrong in life
>later the same day realize it was actually all because of that stupid cunt
>and this isn't even the first time
>>
>>66974753
Did you tell her to correct your mistakes?
>>
File: 1318562417001.png (9KB, 308x313px) Image search: [Google]
1318562417001.png
9KB, 308x313px
>>66974753
>be teaching a language class
>put students in pairs so I can take a break
>one student in a pair gives the wrong answer
>give both a bad grade
>>
>>66975198
no because I simply never pair with her anymore

but that's a given in a situation like that...
>>
>>66975294
Genius
>>
>>66974220
I don't know your level, but with some people it is hard to correct their mistakes because there are just too many.

It's not even that it necessarily sounds bad, because in casual conversation we don't use proper English anyway

only person that corrects me is my Korean teacher and most people only talk to me in English T__T
>>
>>66973533
Stupid, as you are.
>>
>>66975903
I kinda want to help foreigners learn Korean t b h because I know, based on my past experience, how hard it is to talk with locals in a foreign country when your speaking is shit.
>>
>>66973573
>being this insecure
>>
>>66973533
>tfw chink koreaboo
Inb4 they speak chinese to me
>>
>>66978255
They do? was it disappointing or pleasing to you?
>>
I want to have a conversating partner.Grammer textbooks didn't give some stratgies for me.
>>
>>66973976
>>66973734
is spot on. I have been trying to learn Korean and it's pretty difficult to get any useful information about the language's structure out of native speakers, which is the case for almost any language one might try to learn. And furthermore, Koreans all have studied some English so like OP is saying, most of the time we end up speaking English anyway.

It's okay. Kind of counterproductive for me but I don't think of other people as being my tools so it's fine. I'm usually too shy to force the convo to be in Korean, and my Korean is not good enough compared t their English usually, so I have to pass that hump first, or just find Koreans who can't into English.
>>
>>66981322
What kind of autism powered reason made you study korean?
>>
>>66982269
Language learning autism

Wanted to study a lang considered difficult for English speakers, was attracted to the idea that I wouldn't have to learn any romance-style verb conjugations, wanted to become decent at Korean pronunciation, and also Korean is agglutinative which is cool, and I didn't have to bother with kanji like I would with Japanese...etc etc

Gonna learn (some) Japanese next though, not even a weeb but anime would be more fun to watch than Korean TV
>>
>>66982510
Japanese is great. Probably still as hard as Korean, but the amount of media content is awesome, it goes far beyong weeb anime.
Kanji per say isn't an issue, the problem comes more from vocabulary iteself.
>>
>>66973533
I totally agree with you.
That's why I try to see if he/she speaks Japanese when foreigner comes to my shop.
>>
>>66983224
Well, kanji was probably a whole lot more problematic before you had apps that recognize kanji.

A complete kana word you can just look up in a dictionary, but when it comes to a kanji you'd have to count the strokes and then look at every single kanji with that amount of strokes.
>>
>>66973533
The average koreaboo is a 17-year old turkish girl on interpals, not a white male
>>
>>66983674
this desu, but only few and mainly male can afford to visit korea
>>
>>66973533
It was ok. I mostly practiced with old kimbab 아주마들. They always had bad English and were interested to talk to me late night when nothing else happened.
>>
>>66983596
国に旅行すると国語をちょっと知っていって使うのが最もお礼だと思います。
>>
>>66973533
From all the young Korean adults I met in Australia, I'm pretty sure they will lose what they have acquired after a while once they go back to their country.

I'm pretty sure no one speaks English outside of Seoul.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.