[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Nordic countries so rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: nordicman.png (283KB, 304x404px) Image search: [Google]
nordicman.png
283KB, 304x404px
We know that the richest european countries (German, France, UK) are the ones who stole gold, silver, oil or just cash from the poorest countries (Africans and LatinoAmericans) and manage to keep that through the last centuries. But the nordics never had an empire to steal from, plus are neutral in wars so never won nothing, how did they get rich?
Please /int/ enlight me
>>
>>66950296

Lack of corruption. You get paid for an honest day's work, and you know where your tax money is going.

It's a matter of public trust.
>>
They were the most financially educated groups of people in the world. Also the most scientifically educated people in the world. Nothing to do with natural resources because you can use your financial skills and guns (science) to take them away
>>
>>66950296
I have always wondered if Portuguese discrimnate and look down on Brazilian just like Spanish on other South Americans.
>>
>>66950404
Cancerous shart.
>>
>>66950384
chicken and egg
>>
>>66950404
>guns
>nordics invading anyone except each other after 17 something
>>
>>66950296

Oil (Norway)
>>
Bullshit explanation. How could any of those countries have created an empire from nothing if their skills played no part in their success?
>>
>>66950296
They were vikangs.
>>
>>66951086
what empire
>>
Non meme answer? Hard work and education.

Except for norgays who literally just stumbled on oil.
>>
File: gdpcapita1969.jpg (74KB, 884x455px) Image search: [Google]
gdpcapita1969.jpg
74KB, 884x455px
>>66951276
>>66950972
>jelous finns
loving every laugh
>>
>>66951325
ea*
>>
>>66951325
Hell yes we're jealous.
Who wouldn't be at infinite money with which to finance the nordic welfare model, the biggest problem of which is and will always be how to afford it. Denmark, sweden and funland all have to work their hands to the bone to pay the taxes to keep the system working while norgays just ride around on ferries and cheat at skiing.
>>
>Norway
oil
>The rest
Like others said, they are smart, they know what to do and when, for example Swedish neutrality in ww2 , they got to sell a lot of resources and not end up war-torn
>>
Finland was dirt poor until relatively recently
>>
>>66950296
natural resources, weren't destroyed by the western circle jerk
>>
>>66951472
>finnish favourite pastime is not cheating at skiing
the pic related also showed we were doing good before we found oil, reasonable to think we would be on par with sweden/denmark without it
>>
>>66951541
>Swedish neutrality in ww2

They sent over one million nazi soldiers thru Sweden to Norway. So much for neutrality
>>
>>66951562
Sweden was pretty a normal society until relatively recently
>>
>>66951709
Any hard feelings toward to Sweden because of that btw?
>>
>>66951825
No, our expectations of sw*dish morals were not any higher
>>
>>66951764
So why do we to present day continue to be better economically than Finland?
>>
>>66951562
>>66951764
Things are so fickle, really stimulates the brain
>>
>>66951942
Too bad money can't buy a sane society.
>>
>>66951709
Yes, because that's the way they kept netural, otherwiwse nazi germany would invade them too.
Yugoslavia decided to not allow German Troops to get to Greece, guess what the Germans did to us?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>66951709

Isn't it interesting how Sweden always welcomes foreigners onto their soil for conquest?

The eternal swedecuck.
>>
small populations separated into kingdoms of similar size, not falling for the war meme, and being connected to Europe are decent enough reasons
>>
If often give dem nordic boys and girls money in exchange for sex, thats why
>>
>>66951709
Sweden might have been forced to make concessions to the nazis like the use of our railways, but the swedish state cooperated way more with the allies than you'd think. Both danish and norwegian soldiers were trained in Sweden by the swedish military under the guise of "police training" etc.

Just read the article; people will just ruin the discussion with memes otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_II
>>
File: image.png (347KB, 1360x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
347KB, 1360x769px
>>66950972
>>
>>66951472
>cheat at skiing.
kettle meet pot
>>
>>66950407
Well. See on one hand there is a bit of discrimination against Brazilian for being from the americas. But there is more discrimination against portuguese for living in a shithole and being niggers. As a white man myself from the developed nation of the South Brazil, I must say black people cant be racist, therefore, portuguese can't be blamed for discrimination against brazilians
>>
>>66950407
I know a lot of brazillians that discriminate and look down at portugueses. I don't know if the opposite happens as well.
>>
>>66955257
> I must say black people cant be racist, therefore, portuguese can't be blamed for discrimination against brazilians.
You must be trolling
>>
>>66955257
>As a white man myself from the developed nation of the South Brazil, I enjoy coming up with sentences that make no sense whatsover
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.