[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korean, Japanese, or Chinese? Which language is better to learn first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

Korean, Japanese, or Chinese?
Which language is better to learn first?
>>
Chinese is the most useful one, but also a hardest one. Only learn jap or korean if you are a weeb or a k-pop-nigger.
>>
>>66884852
Japanese if you are a weeb.
Korean if you are a koreaboo, commie, or secretly a heir of rasputin.
Chinese if you want to do business there.
>>
go with mandarin
ignore the others. its shit language.
4chan anons generally recommend it so it must be worth learning
>>
>>66884852
Japan:American colony
Korea:American and Chinese colony
China:about the same Austraria
>>
>>66884852
>Which language is better to learn first?
>first
If you think you're going to become fluent in more than one of them as a non-native, you're kidding yourself.
>>
>>66884852
mandarin is the nicest sounding of the three imo, but the writing system is a huge putoff. the korean writing system is super cool if you are interested in language, and as a bonus, the language is not tonal, although the grammar is fucking weird. japanese is just shit all round
>>
chinese
no need of japanese and korean
>>
Korean the easiest. You could learn the alphabet and how to pronounce everything with just ~1 hour of study.
>>
You should learn Chinese.

Also how is Chinese hard? It doesn't have conjugation nor cases.
>>
Bilingual in English and Mandarin, feelsgoodman
>>
>>66888576
literally a lier
>>
>>66888576
Alphabet =/= language
>>
>>66884852
I hate to sound like a weeb but Japanese gives you access to a lot more interesting stuff as far as media goes, and I'm not even talking about animu.
>>
>>66890867
Korea has alot of cool shit too, not kpop
>>
>>66890867
>>66890941
agreed with both
>>
>>66888620
I'd say that remebering the different signs are the most diffcult part besides prounouciation.
>>
>>66885267
Austria or Australia?
>>
>>66884852
Obviously Chinese.
>>
>>66884852
Learn literary chinese and use that as a stepping stone to learn all the three languages /s
>>
>>66884852
>be me
>stumble upon some chinese study material
>heythisisprettyinteresting.png
so far I have never regretted picking up chinese.

Pros: Lots of people speak it and it will most likely be an important business language. If you decide to learn Japanese you will know tons of kanji
Cons: Have to remember lots of different signs and it is difficult to prounouce it very well imo
>>
>>66890867
This.
Chinese cartoons > "chinese"'cartoons
>>
Mandarin, the soon-to-be lingua franca of East Asian.
>>
>>66892076
is it true that the Mekong is drying up because they're building dams near the river mouth?
>>
>>66892076
not really. English is and always will fit that role
>>
>>66884959
anyways, I think it is impossible that native Chinese understand European's awkward Chinese.
>>
>>66893993
actually this. chinese as lingua franca is just a meme desu
>>66893997
i know a pole who speaks mandarinian quite fluently and lives there with his chinky wife. he learnt it from a scratch. he has problems only with dialects
>>
>>66894313
sorry, I didn't know that average European Chinese language leaner marry Chinese.
>>
>>66894620
I dont know that you are implying desu. Anyway when it comes to men it happens relatively often.
>>
>>66893997
wrong, my professor is italian and studied chinese then went to china and lived there for 9 years
>>
>>66894313
He said the east Asian lingua franca. I mean have you heard engrish? PLUS both Korean and Japanese languages has been influenced by the chinese, the way of counting and heck kanji is literally a copy. China is a very large power in the Oriental region and I would claim it is likely that the people in east Asia find common ground in Chinese.
>>
>>66893997
Probably not worse than the japanese ingrish
>>
>>66895676
he's chinese staying in japan

do you think the native japanese know chinese any better than they do english
>>
>>66895626
>I mean have you heard engrish
i heard it and its bad, but it doesnt mean its not a standard language .
>China is a very large power in the Oriental
Power has nothing to do with common language. Chinese for others asians is more difficult than english. Anyway China is not as influential as ppl think it is.
>>
File: IMG_4689.jpg (127KB, 640x960px)
IMG_4689.jpg
127KB, 640x960px
>>66894730
White wimmenz are superior.
>>
File: dating_white_woman.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dating_white_woman.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>66896950
>>
>>66895784
I'd say that they probably would be better at chinese than they are at english right now if they learnt chinese instead of english. Being an english teacher in Japan is a joke and their level of english is below the one of the french
>>
>>66895802
true but the thing is that standards can change.

Well they have influenced Korean and Japanese considerably and trade has always been one of the most important factors when it comes to languages.China is very big in the trade industry, just look at all the things that are made in China.
>>
>>66898334
>their level of english is below the one of the french
anyone knowing more than 5 words in english is above french level
>>
>>66898490
kek, the japanese are seriously bad at english tho
>>
>>66898527
so youve never met a french guy. asians may be bad at pronouncation but at least they try. frenchies just dont speak it as they already speak the most glorious language in the world - french. It wont even mention italians
>>
>>66898645
I've been to France many times my friend and I studied french for 5 years I know very well that sometimes they deny that they can speak english.
>>
>>66898527
Nothing turns me on more than a qt Jap grill talking to me in broken english. Happens all the time when you're white in japan.
>>
File: english_skills2.jpg (58KB, 800x450px)
english_skills2.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
>>66898783
sometimes? more likely almost always. anyway it doesnt change the fact they suck at english even compared to slavs whose langs are not related to english
>>
Chinese ---> Japanese ----> Korean
Go from hardest to easiest if you must study them all
>>
>>66898902
I mean I do agree with you on this but that does not mean that the Orientals should nescessarily use english as standard language.
>>
pretty pathetic thread

arrogant nerds are everywhere
>>
>>66899068
they should use it, they use it and will keep using it. thats the truth. english is a lang of american popculture.
>>66899095
shut up. actually i am defending you
>>
>>66888620
The intonation rules and writing characters are a huge barrier to entry for English natives.

Mandarin is a Category IV language according to the Defense Department. There is no Category V.
>>
>>66899369
>Category IV
what are these?
>>
>>66899095
Aren't you one aswell? why else would you be here?
>>66899190
I guess, not that it matters to me I can even talk to the frenchies.

btw do you study/know or any of these 3 languages?
>>
File: Hard-Languages-To-Learn.png (156KB, 860x3034px) Image search: [Google]
Hard-Languages-To-Learn.png
156KB, 860x3034px
>>66899419
Look it up
>>
>>66899419
http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

>>66899369
>There is no Category V.
how come?
>>
>>66899437
i tried chinese. gave up after a half of a year. now korean - its going ok, but i am still a beginner
>>
hi guys, just test
>>
>>66899585
reported for ban evasion
>>
Chinese is a meme language that's insane to learn and there isn't much good Chinese media. You're much better off learning Korean or Japanese, picking between the two depends which country's media you prefer.
>>
>>66899748
actually all asian langs are meme languages as practically they can be used only in respective states
>>
>>66899801
Chinese is full memes with the tone gimmick though, Japanese is way way easier to learn how to speak.
>>
>>66899190
nobody asks you to defend japan. just keep telling yourselves how superior you all are looking down on others who are not good at a foreign language.
actually one of the most pathetic threads on 4chan ive seen in months. pretty much /pol/ tier but far worse than it in a way considering this isnt on /pol/.

>>66899437
>Aren't you one aswell? why else would you be here?
dont get your point at all. to begin with only you arrogant fucks are talking about it. not me.

/int/ has become a truly shit board. this isnt even bantz or a meme or whatever. just an ego. enjoy your self esteems.
>>
>>66899848
true. but memorizing 6 billions of characters would kill me
>>
>>66899900
>just keep telling yourselves how superior you all are looking down on others
who the fuck said that you yellow ungrateful bastard?
>>
>>66884943
this
>>
>>66899920
It probably isn't too bad when you get into it.
>>
>>66900119
yeah probably. ppl say that often.
>>
>>66897156
This is my dream
>>
test
>>
>>66884852
Chinese. It may be grammatically familiar to you.
>>
>>66899900
Gee I don't know man you sound pretty arrogant yourself if I was to be perfectly honest with you family. Perhaps you were butthurt when we said that the japanese ingrish is on the level of the french english.

It is just so that the average is bad especially when you take into consideration about how developed the countries are and how extremely well they perform in lots of different rankings and are first world countries.
>>
>>66884852
How similar Korean and Chinese are?
If you know Korean, will It be helpful when you learn Chinese?
>>
>>66903976
Word derivatives from kanji. Other than that, there are no similarities.
>>
chinese

korea and japan are chinese knockoff languages
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.