[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens here? Is it nice? Will they ever regain coastline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: bolivia.png (67KB, 1032x727px) Image search: [Google]
bolivia.png
67KB, 1032x727px
What happens here? Is it nice? Will they ever regain coastline?
>>
It's the Switzerland of South-America.
>>
>>66847744
Nunca va a tener mar en este momento y nunca va a tener mar en el futuro y para siempre.
But seriously, it was a dick movie by chile. And it is most a country full of high altitude incas. Most native country of south america.
>>
>>66847744
literally mordor and their inhabitants ae orcs

I´m glad that we are being culturally enriched by them

worst neighbor ever.
Fucking Chileans you had your chance to wipe them out
>>
File: based Morales.jpg (305KB, 1484x997px) Image search: [Google]
based Morales.jpg
305KB, 1484x997px
>>66847809
How so?

>>66847863
Poor lads, at least they have a lake for their navy.

>>66847873
:^)
>>
File: drake-coat-hotline-bling.jpg (145KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
drake-coat-hotline-bling.jpg
145KB, 1200x676px
>>66848242
>landlocked navy
>>
File: 2112.jpg (38KB, 470x200px) Image search: [Google]
2112.jpg
38KB, 470x200px
>>66847744
I traveled around there for like a month and a half..

It's pretty cheap. The food is pretty boring (lots of potatoes, maize, chicken and rice)

The nature and culture are both really interesting. In terms of nature you can find the easiest 6km mountain in the world to climb just out of La Paz. You have many beautiful mountain landscapes in the Andean region. The salt flats, the altiplano, the mines in Potosí. In the northeast you have the Amazon where you can see loads of wildlife such as pink river dolphins, jaguars, loads of birds, etc. In the south-east there is some bits of Pantanal left, the largest wetlands in the world.

Culture-wise the country is very much influenced by the natives. Especially the Quechua and Aymara groups are large. You will find a lot of people who speak Spanish as their second language, with Quechua or Aymara as their first. The country has something like 46 official languages.

All in all it's a very beautiful country. It is rather poor, don't expect many luxuries if you visit it on a shoe-string, but the unique culture and the amazing nature make it very worth visiting.

Funfact: the busdrivers there on the overnight long distance buses are pretty much always drunk and they drive on roads like pic related. Loads of fun
>>
>>66848384
Sounds pretty great desu
Is it safe?
Presumably if I don't speak Spanish I'd be fucked?
>>
>>66849045
It's safe, yeah. Idk if you have experience with traveling in developing countries but it's no more or less safe than other developing countries. Watch out for petty crime, that's it.

I didn't speak Spanish when I went and I was fine, but it's a huge plus obviously.
>>
File: EPC080414-008F07.jpg (321KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
EPC080414-008F07.jpg
321KB, 2144x1424px
>>66847744

I like Bolivia

The people arent very attractive, at least for westerners, but it is a safe country, and the poor people are hard working pesants with an ancestral culture, comparable to Vietnam, they arent like the poor criminals of latin american shanty towns and favelas.

They have been doing very well these last years because the eastern half of the country, which is a plain, has been exporting a lot of soybean and other agricultural products.
Now Santa Cruz is their biggest city instead of La Paz.

it is a great country for tourism because it is cheap, it has great precolumbian Ruins like Tihuanaco, great colonial architecture (it was the most important Spanish colony, where they had the big silver mines, Potosi) and some quite impressive geography.

they do have a big river fleet, the eastern border between Bolivia and Brazil has the Paraguay river. They export their agricultural production in barges (looks like pic related)down to ports of Argentina closer to the ocea like Rosario, and from there it is sent to the rest of the world.

they will never get a sea port, it was a dick move by Chile.
>>
>>66848242
Landlocked with mountains.
>>
>>66847863

It was their fault. Shouldn't have allied secretly with Peru.
>>
>>66850218

Dude, Bolivia was always Alto Peru before they gave it that retarded name.
>>
File: 214124.jpg (63KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
214124.jpg
63KB, 600x400px
>>66849724
>they will never get a sea port, it was a dick move by Chile.
Then what it is pic related?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.