[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me understand burgers /int

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why do Americans call writing like a normal person a 'cursive writing' and why do they think its such a big deal?

Also why do they feel the need to take classes to write and read there so called cursive?
>>
It's hard
>>
File: IMG_20161101_182417.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101_182417.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>66846042
How? Here in India we are taught to write this way in the first place. There are very few people here who write every letter separately?
>>
>>66846145
Same. First grade stuff, literally.
>>
>>66846346
Yes and its really amazing how much Americans find it fascinating and hard.
>>
>yet another thing literally everyone in the world does except america

Can we stop acting surprised
>>
>>66845259
We don't is just for formal settings.
>>
i'm genuinely surprised, that americans are this retarded.
>>
>>66846535
Makes sense.

>>66846579
Your best social media posts on handwriting is about how fascinating cursive is.

>>66846593
Me too
>>
Americans value functionality and practicality over beauty and aesthetics, it's a core component of American exceptionalism and their incredible achievements in all aspects of human civilisation. Europeans are unwilling to recognise this as they are constantly blinded by arrogance found in their past accomplishments and bitterness at being usurped on the world stage.
>>
Over here we got taught joined up writing at around age 10, I assume it was to make the teacher's lives easier though since children have pretty horrible motor skills.

Also, in my opinion joined up writing is a huge meme, people only use it because it's a heckton faster, they don't care about legibility.
>>
>>66845259
I learned it in first grade you poo
And because we have better things to do than worry about superfluous handwriting.
We only use it for official documents
>>
>>66846680
Non cursive writing is slow like hell.
>>
>>66846145
>There are very few people here who write every letter separately?
Actually, when i have an exam at university, i try hard to make everything easily readable. I study computer science - so my professors are not the most literate people to begin with - and i don't want them to get pissed off if they can't read my shitty quick cursive.
So i aim for a hybrid of block letters and cursive, the result looks similiar to your picture. but my real cursive writing is sloppy and unreadible to others but me.
>>
>>66846680
How is writing cursive materialistic?

>>66846742
I find writing each letter separately quite annoying and a pain in hand, especially if you are in college and you have to write 100-200 pages a day

>>66846765
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=cursive&src=tyah

>>66846824
10/10 couldn't agree more, its a pain in the hand for college students
>>
>>66846680
>Americans value functionality and practicality over beauty and aesthetics
You are describing why people would use cursive instead of block letters.
>>
>>66846145

>that filthy keyboard

Exactly what I'd expect from an Indian.

Also I prefer printing to cursive, but cursive is neat because plebeians can't read it.
>>
>>66846870
>have to write 100-200 pages a day

wut
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-01-10-24-56.png (91KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-01-10-24-56.png
91KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>66846870
Sure writing normally is a lot slower but I really do prefer saving the person who reads it time, I'm not sure if you have the same thing in India but whenever I get a note from my doctor I have to fucking decipher the thing. I guess i can't fault them for it though, they must have to write an awful lot.

>especially if you are in college and you have to write 100-200 pages a day
Your college requires you to work by hand? That sounds horrible.
>>
>>66846853
Its all about the mentality mate, here our college professors measure knowledge in written exams by looking at the size of answer the students have written.

Writing the full answer in short will barely give you 1 mark while writing two-three pages will get you 3 out of 5, so we have to use cursive to finish exam on time.
>>
>>66846765
>official documents
>>66846579
>just for formal settings.

If it's an official document, wouldn't THAT be a reason NOT to use cursive? You know, because cursive is harder to read? if you're just sloppily taking a note for yourself, that's when you would use cursive
>>
>>66846909
Oh I have seen American keyboards way filthier than mine, at least I don't have dorritos stucked in between the keys

>>66846970
In India, we have to write so much (as the more we write, the more marks we get) that we can't afford to finish the paper in time without writing in cursive. We have write a 12 page answer to get 5 marks.

>>66847027
Exactly, we are told to write each letter separately in Bold Capital letters in all official documents.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.