[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The metric system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

your opinions
>>
superior
>>
Based.
Simply. Move. The. Decimal.

t. chemist
>>
THE BEST
>>
>>66686078
I keep seeing metric used more and more by Americans from TV shit to YouTube to movies
>>
le moon Xddd
>>
Master
>>
>>66686473

Educated Americans know it because it's the system used in science and engineering (CGS / SI). Unfortunately retarded Amerisharts still use fractional, but our automotive suppliers have already switched so the retards will eventually have to learn.

Only construction and media retards still use it.
>>
>>66686642
* still use "imperial" / fractional.

It's the last of the British influence we need to get inoculated from.
>>
>>66686642
>have to learn

What's there to learn?
You just use a metric tape measure, speedometer or what ever and quickly get used to what those measurements look like in real life.
What the hell does it matter for most everyday things anyway.
If you need to use it you use it.
Actual working scientists and engineers here don't use metric outside of work.
You sound like some dick brained college kid.
>>
>>66687003

They don't because of retards in America. We tried the switch in the 80s, but Trump voters shot it all down. Fucking retards.

Travel much at all?
>>
Now post the picture with countries that have been to the moon :DDD
>>
>>66687072
xxD ePIKKK
>>
Need more metric
Exterminate the burger numerology
>>
>>66686078
Liberians are just Americcucks lmao

WE WUZ AFRICAN AMERICANZ N SHEET
>>
>>66687003
>you sound like an educated person, unlike myself
>>
The objectively superior system of measurement that doesn't stop me from using imperial anyways. We typically use feet, inches kilometers and Celsius in canada
>>
We almost switched in the 1970s but there was conservative backlash and we stopped. In any case our entire land system is in Imperial units, so at the very least Inches, Feet, and Miles are never going away.
>>
>>66686078
Metric countries: Violent, dystopian 3rd world shitholes

Non-metric countries: Greatest on earth
>>
>>66688880
Nice GET, and this; even if it is superior that doesn't make it any less an unnecessary pain in the ass for us to switch.
>>
imperial is best for everyday measurements
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.