[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Copts. All I know is that they're Christians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Copy.jpg (101KB, 707x480px) Image search: [Google]
Copy.jpg
101KB, 707x480px
Tell me about the Copts. All I know is that they're Christians in Egypt and they have a weird-looking cross.
>>
>>66654499

Aren't they Arians?
>>
We once had a touring choir of Copts singing at the nearby Church, was pretty neat if you ask me.
None of them covered their heads and I remember spotting a black east-africanish priest among them.

>>66654636
They believe in trinity, so no.
>>
>>66655609
>None of them covered their heads
Why would they? They aren't Muslims.
>>
>>66654499
Are you sure that's not Mexico?
>>
>catholic shitskins

They're okay, I guess.
>>
>>66654499
Their religious language (they don't use it anymore as a mothertongue) was once spoken around all egypt and is a direct descendant of the ancient egyptian language you can read in the old temples and tombs.

Also due to some autistic petty difference on how they conceptualise jesus being God their faith was declared heretical in the roman/byzantine empire and persecuted. This has lead to some scholars to believe that egyptian copts were colaborators against "invaders" like the persians and the muslims in their respective wars against the romans.
>>
>>66658484
They're not catholic.
>>
>>66658650
>against "invaders"

You mean helping the invaders?
>>
>>66658697
Yes sorry, I started writing something like "colaborting against romans with the invaders" and I fucked up when I rephrased it.
>>
>>66658650
makes sense, the longest standing treaty was between the christians south of egypt and the arab caliphates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baqt
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.