[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do for uni/your job /int/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

File: 1466677160932.png (21KB, 610x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466677160932.png
21KB, 610x600px
What do you do for uni/your job /int/?
>>
Event Staff, dropped out of college
>>
>>66594303
Dont have a job/never went to uni
>>
>>66594303
And it's how Colombia was born
>>
carpenter

good money in them sheckel sheds goyim
>>
>>66594321
Pretty much this
Also seasonal agriculture/logging work. Parks district stuff. Whatever really
>>
>>66594303
I can't get a job no where is hiring for fresh people with no experience my mum is getting angrier and angrier and I'm getting more depressed.
>>
since when in the fuck do yellow and blue make green?
>>
>>66594303
software developer
>>
>>66594514
Since the beginning of time
>>
>>66594514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcpS0seZdI
>>
File: 1447733350787.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1447733350787.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>>66594303
life insurance customer service rep

send help pls
>>
File: 1445124523101.png (229KB, 466x555px) Image search: [Google]
1445124523101.png
229KB, 466x555px
>>66594600
and I thought I had it rough
>>
I work in the commercial part of a bank.
>>
File: primaryfigure1.jpg (12KB, 217x155px) Image search: [Google]
primaryfigure1.jpg
12KB, 217x155px
When people started telling kids the primary colors are red, blue, and yellow.
>>
history but I'm v close to giving up and running to kurdistan
>>
>>66594303
part-time as a coder and site admin
it doesnt get me that much money
im thinking of creating a startup with my former highschool mate
but man, the market isnt looking good right now
>>
I'm a NEET.
>>
>>66594836
I get pulled in the office once a week, where my boss basically tells me my personality is shit and she's gonna replace me as soon as she can, through a bunch of bullshit corporate lingo

with a smile on her face ofcourse
>>
>>66595172
what are you going to do when she finally sacks your ass?
>>
>>66594303
I work customer service at a grocery store.
>>
>>66595186
I'm getting a new job before she does that.

I won't be surprised if I get a call to come back.

I actually told HR about the bullshit I put up with (except harassment cause HR would sack me) and they're intervening in my favour this week.
>>
Server Admin / Network Engineer
>>
>>66595251
>office drone bullshit
not even once
>>
>>66594303
Part time at a primary school
>>
>>66594514
>American education
>>
>>66595277
I told my ex gf from mexico (who wants me to move there) that I could potentially get a 700k peso job in mexico.

She said that isn't really a big salary.. that 1.4 million peso a year is a really good salary.

I know she's rich as fuck.. but if she thinks 1.4M is kind of the minimum how rich is she really?
>>
>>66595296
I live in the maritimes... these are the only jobs I could get right out of university.

I make 15$ an hour and that's way more than anyone else here at my age (22). It's enough to live comfortably (appt and a car) but not save up much.

I agree though it's horrible and I feel like I'm getting older 3x as fast.
>>
>>66594514
holy shit
>>
>>66595376
That's exactly what I was thinking friend.

I miss her a lot desu :(..

what do you think of guadalajara?
>>
>>66595355
That sucks anon, here in the GTA we only have manual labour jobs that arent even permanent
I really hope weedman gives us some real jobs sometime soon. Useless piece of shit actually hasnt done ANYTHING since coming into office
>>
>>66595323
>>66595399

Why not get a Home-office job in Canada and move to Mexico? win/win situation.

I do Home-office and i've been to Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia and several cities in Mexico while working.

Monterrey and Guadalajara are nice big cities.

(edited)
>>
>>66594303
studying Criminal Justice. Probably about to switch to Economics.
>>
>>66595460
I just don't even have the money to get the education for a decent home office job right now.. I also haven't found a good industry.

It also just seems crazy to do that. though I'm autistic as fuck and it would probably be better for me in the long run.

How long did it take you to get into network admin?
>>
>>66595519

Well, I have 3 CCNA's and 1 CCNP certifications.*

Maybe you can start with 2 CCNA's and go from there.

*Each CCNA takes like 4 months if you study hard.
>>
>>66595419
canada is going downhill faster than anyone realizes. Like I said I'm actually considering immigrating to Mexico kek.
>>
>>66595602
what kind of salary does that net you in mexico?

Is 700k peso middle class?

Like my ex says, she said 1.4 million peso is more acceptable.. is she mega rich if she thinks this or is it actually true?
>>
>>66594347
Do you get NEET bucks?
>>
>>66594303
I don't. I took a break from Uni, but now I'm lost on what to do

If I could I would just take a menial labour job and move out
>>
Came her to say this >>66594374
>>
>>66595606
Yeah I want to move out of here too, not for work but to experience the world, you know the cliches
>>
>>66595646
Ironically I did that. I lived in Africa and Portugal. I got real bitter about the rest of the world even though I loved it. But I'm bitter about Canada too and I'm terrible with women here.

I figure if I can live comfortably in Mexico I'd rather do that than live decently in the rest of Canada.
>>
>>66595626

You can live well with 400K(MXN), that's middle class salary afaik.
>>
>>66595323
1.4 M pesos, the only people that make that quantity are either politicians (basically any kind) or small entrepreneurs.
My dad makes 784K as a regional Manager in a transnational telecom enterprise, though he has to supervise 6 entire states plus constant travel to Texas and Mexico city.
>>66595626
My family makes a little above 1.2 Million and we're by far not middle class. Maybe upper middle class, but yeah, I bet she's just money baiting you to marry her and get in charge of one of her daddy's business.
>>
Getting a masters in bioinformatics. Only like 8 months left.. I can't wait to finish. Too much stress and I want money
>>
>>66595692
You're pretty much spot on. She's part of Opus Dei too... but when she lived here briefly I took her virginity kek

>, I bet she's just money baiting you to marry her and get in charge of one of her daddy's business.

Yeah, her daddy does have a big business. But she's the one with the money. So why would she be baiting me to leech off her wealth?

Am I being massively naive here? What does she gave to gain by marrying some unqualified gringo if she hates Canada and doesn't want to come here?
>>
Used to be a translator(nothing exciting, mostly boring contract stuff and technical manuals), now leeching off the state on minimal disability benefits.
>>
>>66595690
I make exactly that here in a poor part of Canada and it's considered below average but livable.
>>
>>66595757

Life is cheaper here and we have almost every kind of food/resources.

The issue here is that we have a very bad/corrupt government.
>>
>>66595757
she's baiting you with money in order to bring you there, have a catholic wedding, have a catholic son and never let you go back to Canada.
>Am I being massively naive here?
She really really likes you, and doesn't care if you have money or not. Just say yes, but by no means get her pregnant. If you genuinely like this place then stay, if you don't, then fuck it go back to Canada.
Just mark my words, she won't ever let you go back if you get married.
>>
>>66594303
Concert production

staging, lighting, audio, video, special effects, that whole bag of tricks.

It can be hard, unrewarding work sometimes, but a lot of clients are willing to pay retarded amounts of money for a whole lot of smoke and mirrors (sometimes literally).
>>
File: 1439439103144.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439439103144.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>66595879
You know too much for what I've said. Which means you either have seen this sort of thing before or you have good deductive abilities.

She's basically said everything you said herself. She is super against birth control.. she even shoved my dick in her raw a couple of times and started riding which caused a big argument (even though it was hot as fuck)

But I know you're right. If I go there, I would, and my descendants, effectively become Mexican. This is still a better fate than what awaits Canada though and would actually be closer to my roots than the SJW/Islamic shit taking over the country.

I love her desu, but I'm just afraid if I go without a good income I risk poverty, being too controled by her and her family, and being estranged from my family.

But I'm desperately unhappy here. Decisions decisions.
>>
Physics major

I do shit with physics. Allows me to travel. I'm moving to Europe to get a Masters in Astro-whatever. Doing the paperwork now.
>>
>>66595985

You can visit and see what's up, if you like it here good, if not then you can go back and take the same job.
>>
>>66594514
same with Magenta and Cyan that make Light Purple Blue
>>
>>66594303
>CTRL+F: Data analyst
>0 results

Plebs.
>>
>>66594303
absolutely nothing. just graduated with a science degree and i'm not even getting replies to job applications in research.

i'm also absolutely baffled there are analyst/data analyst jobs that are literally paying slightly above minimum here. how the fuck did it sink this low, because those are degree-requiring jobs.

honestly does any other canadian feel we are in a recession? we didn't really feel the last one, but i dunno things aren't working out right now for a lot of people my age.
>>
>>66596070
But if I go there without a long term plan I will have basically spent all of my savings and cause enormous stress on my career opportunities.

I need to go with a plan for income. I can't rely on her dad to give me a job or something lol.

In the last six months I've banked 5000$CAD and I plan on banking much much more. Then I'll have more options for education like web developer. That's the plan at least.
>>
>>66595985
> doesn't believe in birth control
Lol fuck that. This is the biggest red flag ever. Get out of that relationship unless you are too ugly/awkward to ever have a chance of finding someone new
>>
Accounts Receivable Business Operations Analyst
>>
>>66595985
Other dude.

You're going to end up like one of my Physics teacher. He's a German that came to Mexico 20 years ago "for love". He's divorced now but he really likes the place so I guess lucky for him.

If you don't feel happy though, nobody blames you for breaking things up. I had an Italian girlfriend for like a year and a half and she was beautiful. However, being in Italy with her I felt extremely unhappy and miserable. She wanted to marry and have children, me staying in Italy and everything. I just wanted to live. So I ended it like 2 months ago. Still hurts but it's easier now.
>>
>>66596112
That's why I picked lawschool, even the shittiest graduate getting by the skin of his teeth is absolutely 100% guaranteed a great job. You can't import people educated in swedish law after all, so job security is through the roof.
>>
>>66595419
man this. friends of mine get construction and whatever jobs within a week, but i have massive student loans and need something that pays enough to live + pay my debts.
>>
>>66596155
>You can't import people educated in Swedish law

sounds like a challenge.
>>
>>66595985
>You know too much for what I've said. Which means you either have seen this sort of thing before or you have good deductive abilities.
My family has been in this spot, my cousin married a low class local, and it wasn't such a deal, but families are very very important in Mexico, even more in catholic families. They behave more like institutionalized social groups, meaning that business, friendship and support are all connected. Going back to my cousin's in law... his father was an alcoholic, so my family decided to cut any kind of communication with him, and are very judgmental about him seeing him.
Just get this thing up in your mind, if there's a single thing they don't like about your family, they have the control of just cutting up ties with them.
Do what your heart dictates, be open about your fears with her, and be open about you to her family. Don't pretend you're something you're not, being humble and honest if one of the most sought attribute in one's person.
>>
>>66596112
"Data analyst" can mean different things. Sometimes it requires a masters in stats an pays at least 60k a year. Other positions might be more similar to data entry and require little education
>>
>>66596166
>but i have massive student loans
I thought your uni was free
>>
>>66596155
yeah i wanna do law school too, although markets are super-saturated for anything but corporate/big law.

what's the average salary like for you? i read big city american law firms pay like 160k starting although hours are insane.
>>
>>66596196
No idea, we pay in kronor, go by month, have different taxation and way more lenient hours and vacation days. It's good living though, can't be too greedy or Jante gets mad.
>>
>>66596194
yeah it wasn't my field but it specifically wanted people trained in economics.

i think its one of those random smaller firms that hires the most desperate people.
>>
>>66596147
We still used condoms, but I see what you mean.

I am definitely not ugly but I am awkward (might be high functioning autistic). She is pretty hot as well.

>>66596153
Yeah, well the country is appealing to me.. at least I'm unsure just how much the crime and corruption would directly affect my life. I can pass for Mexican already (I'm Mediterranean looking)

So it's not just the girl.. and it's no farther away from home than the other side of Canada anyway. And who knows maybe I'd love the place.
>>
I'm the pre-school student for uni
>>
>>66596196
In America there is oversaturation of law degrees. It's a very uncertain future here and you certainly won't see anything close to $160k directly after graduation unless you have special connections or graduated from harvard
>>
>>66596195
nope, that's starting 2017 for one province.

weedman is a fucking meme, he's literally done shit all for the economy despite getting elected on preventing recession and stimulating the economy.
>>
>>66596256
i read top 20 law schools hire a lot of people for 80 hour a week corporate law jobs.

soulless and boring but eh i'm desperate.
>>
>>66596189
This makes a lot of sense. It's not totally foreign for me because I come from a Catholic family as well, but very much a post-religious one.

I could get behind going to church but I'd never actually believe the jesus hype. My family is not trashy whatsoever.

>Do what your heart dictates, be open about your fears with her, and be open about you to her family. Don't pretend you're something you're not, being humble and honest if one of the most sought attribute in one's person.

This is the best advice I've gotten from 4chan in a long time (the whole convo really). I thank you for your time and insight.

Our relationship had it's issues but I think we'd still be together today if she hadn't moved back. (finished uni)

I miss her a lot man. I'll call her again this week. I should go to bed tho, thanks again bro.
>>
>>66596319
He's joking. Only be yourself if you want to be by yourself. Arguably that's not such a bad idea but if you want people to like you, you have to put in some effort.
>>
>>66596319
good night lad, my fucking pleasure.
>>
>>66596290
I guess I haven't looked into it in too much depth. But one thing to note is you will probably have to pass a bar exam particular to the state you want to work in after graduation. They can be hard.
>>
>>66596290
you will spend a year or two doing very little else. Once you have a client base and know who you can trust to shop your work out to, you can start to schedule some life back into your life.

A lot of people shy away from long work weeks, but it's the fastest way to learn the job and build demand for your skillset. Once that demand is there, you can keep your clientele just about as hungry as you want.
>>
>>66596341
well he got a rich foreign Mexican to lose her virginity to him, dunno about you but his high up in my list.
>>
>>66596341
I think he means be true to myself about my needs in the wider context of the convo.. I don't think he's joking Sven.

Still something I would have liked to learn a long time ago.
>>
>>66594972

>Kurdistan

Are you a Kurd because any region or city inhabited by Kurds is always a African tier shîthole.
>>
>>66596353
interesting but i'm not near that stage yet nor have i even decided what area i'd want to do

>>66596348
word, but i think one state = all states for a few cases. i'm not even american and will likely have to hop your borders and be an illegal immigrant if i ever decide to go that route.
>>
>>66596153
Also one last thing totally forgot to say:

Sorry to hear it didn't work out with your gf. At least you tried it out though.

Night lads.
>>
File: 1477280303711.jpg (15KB, 249x248px) Image search: [Google]
1477280303711.jpg
15KB, 249x248px
>halfway through History and Philosophy
>realise I fugged up
>have to change now
>>
>>66595251
Always Remember:
HR is made to cover the company's ass, not help you.
>>
>>66596445
TFW ottoman romanticists are still mad about losing the war in Burundi to Kurdish rebellion.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.