[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do South Americans think of Spain. Are they jealous of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

What do South Americans think of Spain.

Are they jealous of it?
>>
File: 1474136211022.png (35KB, 823x586px) Image search: [Google]
1474136211022.png
35KB, 823x586px
dey lik
>>
Why should they?
This is also a shitty country
>>
>>66585761
>What do South Americans think of Spain.
Le motherland and all that, pretty much the same feel of ex anglo colonies

>Are they jealous of it?
No, there's not hate either, at leats in this cunt
>>
>>66585761
I don't think about Spain or Portugal, in fact no one does here.
We just learn that Portugal colonized Brazil, there are some dumb jokes about the portuguese and that's it.

Spain is just the bullfight and tomato country.
>>
>>66585761
As incompetent as its neighbor poortugal.
At least people remember of its existence though, unlike bacalhau land.
>>
>>66585761
Unemployment, flamenco, paella, qts.
>>
Nothing
Young people think of youtubers when someone says Spain
>>
We don't
>>
>>66585761
I don't care about Europe, neither for good or for bad.
>>
>>66586072
a
rare
u
b
a

>>66585761
we like them, they like us

the rest of SA hates them though
>>
I think nothing of them, honestly
>>
File: 1474506389236.png (257KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474506389236.png
257KB, 657x527px
>>66585761
I lik spen
>>
>>66586534
>we like them, they like us
>the rest of SA hates them though

t. Brazilian
>>
>>66585987
This
>>
>>66585899
>>66586092
>>66586121
>>
>>66585761
No one gives a shit about yuroshits over here, let alone be jealous of them.
Now about Africa, it's our beloved motherland.
>>
File: cat facepalm.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cat facepalm.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>66585761
>Map of Latin America
>South Americans
>>
>>66588341
The Irish don't do very well with geography.
>>
Some of them migrated to several countries in latin america because of crisis and unemployment.
>>
File: 4L_vcU3veO3.jpg (511KB, 1916x2428px) Image search: [Google]
4L_vcU3veO3.jpg
511KB, 1916x2428px
Nobody here thinks about them. honestly, if it wasn't because our sub-human love for their football teams nobody here would know that we were actually colonized by them in the past kek
>>
>>66586092
That's sad
>>
>>66589114
I like flamenco, R.I.P. Paco de Lucía
>>
>>66588341
it's the exact same thing
>>
>>66588867
That's not the case here, we have very visible comunities of Spaniards since they got started in the civil war, a lot of cultural exchange (media, pop music) and an education system that's competent enough to at least get the point across the bulk of our culture originated in Spain.
>>
I used to think I was of Portuguese decent but I recently found out I'm German descent.
>>
>>66588867
>nobody here would know that we were actually colonized by them in the past

there are not schools in your country?
>>
>>66586092
This, my nephew is obsessed with them
>>
>>66589235
I guess people who think the Irish republic is a part of the UK must be right then.
>>
Why go to Spain when you can just go to Mexico? They still torture lifestock for sport, speak gibberish, and have good food.

Seriously, I think highly of Thpain. You guys are the classy version of Latin America. The problem is you know it, and you let your economy become Greek.

I for one look forward to buying a nice villa in Spain for $160K some day.
>>
Ex-overlords, football teams, and Mago de Oz among the metalheads. Other than that, we dont really think about Spain, its all about the country without a name nowadays
>>
>>66587288
Yes, as you can see by the flag
>>
>>66589519
CHI
>>
>>66585761

jealous of exactly what?
>>
I like Portugal. Don't care much about Spain, certainly don't hate them.
>>
>>66589264
I mean culturally we are pretty much Spanish, but the people don't think twice about "holy shit we are Catholics because all those Spaniards that came in the past", to us being us (a spic country with Spanish culture) is just something natural, and the Spanish didn't have to do anything with it (which is obviously not true but I think you get my point).

When it comes to media we literally don't have anything to do with them, we get our music and television from either Mexico, USA, or England.

>>66589360
Hyperbole
>>
>>66585761
Spain is much worse than any Latin American country desu
>>
>>66589375
geographical terms are social constructs

violent rebellions are not
>>
>>66589625
be first world,safe and european and not a 3th world dangerous shitholes full of monkeys like latinamerican cunts, DESU
>>
>>66589976
>Spain
>Not a moor shithole
>>
>>66590023
shut up chicano
>>
that's not south america ree
>>
>>66589976

sure thing buddy
>>
>>66590157
you, uruguay and chile are the only decent countries in south america but still so far spain in every way.
>>
>>66590224
>chile
>decent
>>
>>66590224

the only thing you have is being European and I don't know if that is still a good thing
>>
>>66589770
Fair enough man, I just find it strange, even the radical indigenistas here do tend to be aware their surnames are Spanish and that they're not full blooded Amerindians.

>>66589918
And obviously you're too ignorant to realize the independence struggles in Mexico and South America were independent of each other, we don't share national heroes. Seriously man.
>>
File: gdp.png (74KB, 676x572px) Image search: [Google]
gdp.png
74KB, 676x572px
>>66590307
decent for the south american standars.

at least you are not a dangerous shithole like other cunts

>>66590360
come on man, dont trolling
>>
>>66590556
"""south american standars"""..............
I've heard all...
>>
>>66590556

you win, I'll go back to the favela
>>
>>66590708
kek. i said you, chile and uruguay are decent.

but spain is richer, safer and best that you in every way(best healthcare, best social wellfare,best infrastructures..).
its not a shame, man. Memes of int asides, spain is one of the best cunts of the world to live in
>>
>>66585882
This. Same for Portugal.
Bye.
>>
It is like our old crazy uncle.
>>
>>66590811
unemployment is a meme or a real thing?
>>
>>66590992
and whats your point?

unemployements in spain get more money in our wellfare than average argentinian workin 9 hours/day because we are a 1st world country with a big welfare state.

also unemployement is something conyuntural. despite big crisis we remain a big economy and our gdp is now higher than italy and more than double that argentina.
>>
>>66591127
wew lad
>>
>>66591127
you didn't even responded, you just sperged out
>>
>>66591127

I'm pretty sure your unemployed masturbates to those GDP figures
>>
File: 8217435436.jpg (16KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
8217435436.jpg
16KB, 499x499px
British colonies = good
Spanish colonies = cancer
>>
File: HDI colonies.png (202KB, 2714x1254px) Image search: [Google]
HDI colonies.png
202KB, 2714x1254px
>>66591624
Oh yes, you did a damn good job on India

>>66591127
meh, we'll pass your GDP in a few years, how long do you think your first worl welfare is going to hold with those unemployment levels? Or will you just go ask germany for more credit/austerity?
>>
>>66591819
mexico has 3 times the population of spain though....
>>
>>66591880
As does China over the US, do you think that makes them irrelevant?
>>
>>66591933
it makes the countries politically relevant, but doesn't make the life quality better for individuals
>>
>>66591819
Why is Argentina blue?
>>
>>66591819
The US, Canadá, etc. are an exception rather than the rule.
Britain used a different method of colonization on those, and thanks to that they trune out differently.
If you want a fairer comparison, the colonies in africa would be enough. And in that regard, Spain did much better
>>
>>66591980
No, economic growth does that, unlike China we can actually reach European tier development while becoming one of the world's top economies, you leverage political relevance to aid you in doing that eg we are the country with the most FTAs in the world
>>
>>66592052
HDI over 800
>>
File: FalklandsWar.webm (3MB, 960x407px) Image search: [Google]
FalklandsWar.webm
3MB, 960x407px
>>66592117
Not sure I buy it.
>>
>>66592069
idk you've been kinda losing the war on cartels for years

also china is developed, but their population is relatively poor.
>>
>>66592069
Political relevance is not what comes to mind when I think of Mexico.
>>
Jokes aside, I actually like them and want them to free themselves from the EU.

>>66592182
They just need a Duterte-like leadership, someone who couldn't care less about human rights when it comes to crime. Same goes for Brazil and Colombia, except Brazil must also be balkanized.

>>66592252
Political relevance is merely a meme nowadays. It's all about economic relevance if you wish to become a big player in the world market and politics. China for example is taking over the American industry solely through market strategies, while Russia, despite it's political power, couldn't achieve a fraction of that.
>>
>>66592066
meh, Spoain only has the one, and equatorial guinea is hardly comparable in scale to the colonies in other European powers, unlike the view prevalent here I'm not one to consider ethnic cleansing as a reason for success nor do I buy into the whole colonization vs exploitation colonies model, Mexico was in fact both.

If you want a fair comparison to Latin America and want to ignore the mess that is the English speaking Caribbean the model would be South Africa where the colonizers did not overwhelm the indigenous in numbers as they did in Australia nor where they a near insignificant minority as in India. Rather than building a country like Brazil (and that's no shining example of integration) they gave rise to apartheid. Grnated they had the disadvantage of the "native" Dutch but still, wht you got is an astoundingly divided society (not just on European/African lines) and a country which despite having achieved a relative developed status is doomed to near collapse. Their model was never sustainable and they knew it. Meanwhile Latin America, if not fully developed, has become the world's middle class.
>>
>>66592498
no we don't need that at all.
>>
A fucking shithole on Europe.
I've been to Spain and there seems to be poorer than West-Center brazilian states.
>>
>>66592170
Our brothers in Argentina fought bravely

>>66592182
yes, we'll never win that war, you can't fight economics. The reality is that it's always been about containment and while I'll be the first to argue our corrupt government has failed miserably, we are still not quite at the violence levels of Brasil or Colombia.

One way or another the war isn't getting resolved unil significant changes are made on the US side where it's easier for teenagers to buy pot than beer and any jackass can use cocaine to get laid. We really should go for a Morocco type strategy and just look the other way, we've got bigger problems than fighting this stupid war for the Americans, especially when they've made it abundantly clear they don't understand gratitude.
>>
>>66590516
I'll be picky with you just for the sake of it and say only those within a nation can share national heroes. Anyway, what I really want to ask is: don't you think of Simon Bolivar as an hero?
>>
>>66592873
He's as much a hero to us as he would be for you tbqh, we pay some lip service respect to him as a courtesy to South Americans but he's got nothing to do with us, Guadalupe Victoria had to almost literally tell him to fuck off when he tried to get Mexico involved in South American wars, and he was right to do so.

He's not a part of our history and has nothing to do with our identity and I suspect most of the nations which were a forner part of New Spain as opposed to the viceroyship of Peru probably feel the same way, to us Latin American integration has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>66589976
To be honest, Spain is seen more as a country with good neighbours than as a good country.
It is not like it doesnt live from tourism.

There is no animosity towards Spain. Although sometimes some stupid Argentines whose ancestors have been here less than 100 years talk as if they were victims of what Spain did 400 years ago.
>>
>>66585761
Why? They're pretty much another one of us except they have pretty buildings and shit. Like father, like sons.

Only retards and commies cry "MUH HOROS".
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.