[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Alsace Lorraine like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

What is Alsace Lorraine like?
>>
File: tmp_14500-carto-insee2048871797.jpg (54KB, 460x373px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14500-carto-insee2048871797.jpg
54KB, 460x373px
Lorraine is a shithole but their cuisine and the people are good.

Alsace is the best region in France, don't ask when you know how France and germany fought for it.
>>
A-L is the only part of France where traditional Catholicism survived because it was under German control during the Third Republic insane fedora phase.
>>
>>66559436
Meme, even the catholicism is death here. Sorry.

Miss Alsace pic related
>>
germanys rightful claim, give back france
>>
>>66559906
GERMAN NATIONALISM ON THE RISE
>>
>>66559906
Halts maul sauschwàb
>>
>>66558469
Fancy fluorescent houses.
>>
>>66558469
French speaking Germans
>>
>>66560488

False

>>66560503

Absolutely false

La France est germanique
>>
>>66560533
True.
I even brough a picture.
I'm not gonna pay you a trip with me to show you what I saw there.

& fuck you i'm latin.
>>
>>66560603
Je suis alsacien gros débile, je sais de quoi je parle.

T'es latin peut être. Mais le nom "France" provient d'où ? Apprends l'histoire de ton pays, reviens ensuite.
>>
File: hannover_koenigreich(2).jpg (33KB, 986x593px) Image search: [Google]
hannover_koenigreich(2).jpg
33KB, 986x593px
>>66560427
>calling me a schwabe
Watch your dirty mouth you frog fucking french fag
>>
>>66560603
>>66560710

French are gallo-romans with a big amount of germanics in the north west.

You are latin,celtic AND germanics.

Your noble houses were frankish and thus germanic though, weren't they?
>>
>>66560710
Il vient des francs de Francie.
Mais le royaume de France né au IXè siècle est en fait la partie latine du Saint-Empire.
Ce n'est qu'après qu'il s'est étendu peu vers des terres germanophones, mais rien de substantiel.
D'ailleurs même nôtre identité universaliste et antirégionale est latine, en opposition à l'identité germanique fondée sur le territoire et la coûtume.

Et j'ai fait le tour de l'Alsace, tout le monde peint sa maison avec ces couleurs fluos, pas besoin de se la donner je trouve ça plutôt sympa.
>>
>>66560797
>germanic though, weren't they

Ja genau

>>66560726

Du bech ein saüschwab.
>>
>>66560824
>D'ailleurs même nôtre identité universaliste et antirégionale est latine, en opposition à l'identité germanique fondée sur le territoire et la coûtume

Ça se débat. Pas le temps désolé.

>>66560824
>Et j'ai fait le tour de l'Alsace, tout le monde peint sa maison avec ces couleurs fluos, pas besoin de se la donner je trouve ça plutôt sympa.

Je ne vois pas vraiment de quoi tu veux parler. Les maisons à colombage sont essentiellement peintes en blanc, certaines fois rouge, violet, mais surtout blanc/blanc crème. Je me demande bien où tu es allé.
>>
>>66560797
>You are latin,celtic AND germanics.

Maybe people of Britain have a shit of celtic traits, and alsacians are more german.
But personally i'm latin.

>Your noble houses were frankish and thus germanic though, weren't they?

I don't really know, this was a social debate in XIXth century France about whether the people of France is gaul and the elites frank, but nothing is sure.

As I said above there is important differences between our regions, so you can not generalize the people of France since it is a very mixed country.
>>
>>66560899
Ca se débat, mais je pense avoir raison sur le fond, bien qu'on soit loin d'être 100% latin en effet.

Oui les maisons à colombage sont surtout blanches, mais je parle des maisons en général dans les villages, toujorsr colorées en rouge, vert, jaune, bleu... c'est ce qui ressort le plus de l'Alsace en fait.
>>
>>66560912
And historically one of the most agressive ones in europe, seriously I am a bit miffed that we get all the crap even though you fucked over every neighbour of yours.

>>66560849
Not him, but I guess you are that Elsässer who taught me about how the prussiansmistreated you..right?

I am thinking...would you also meme about tis if you were not french and under german control for the last 60 years?
>>
>>66559436
In Mulhouse, since last year, the evangelists have a 5 000 m2 church that can hold up to 3 268 "people". The biggest in France. I'm not sure that's very traditional catholicism.
>>66560912
A social debate after the 1870 war where they fished back the gauls to help their agenda.
>>
>>66560912
>alsacians are more german.

We aren't germans. Switz aren't germans, belgians neither.

Netherlands isn't german, but germanic.

Sure alsatian is an alemanic dialect, but still not standard german, and the mentality isn't the same.

>>66560912
>As I said above there is important differences between our regions, so you can not generalize the people of France since it is a very mixed country.

Pretty mich this. But the country is named after germanic tribes as a matter of fact.
>>
>>66561034
The problem is we somehow decided to use a shitty meme term like german for germany.

We are "deutsch" and the dutchies, german swiss, Elsässer,Luxemburger,Österreicher etc are allof the same tree sort of like the anglos or the slavs are.

But we can't say we are all germanic due to hitler and how it sort of pushes pan-germanism with everyone belonging to germany which is shit, fucking confusing.

What word would you use?
>>
>>66560979
Our kings fucked their neighbors because they had advantages in terms of geography and demographics.
We are not really a "people... maybe this is why we had both such success and disasters during our history.

>>66561034
German, germanic... we're on 4chan, you can grant me that.
>>
>>66561095
Well, we would have more ethnicities as well if we kept poland and the balts,kek.
>>
>>66560972
>toujorsr colorées en rouge, vert, jaune, bleu..

Je vis dans une maison à colombage blanche crème, celle en face de chez moi est blanche également. Je me demande où en Alsace tu es allé.

>>66560979
>I am thinking...would you also meme about tis if you were not french and under german control for the last 60 years?

Would I only exist uezs ?
I don't know. Depends on how the 3rd Reich would have treated us. France has been kind since Louis XIV, even today we have special treatment with the welfare and religion (Hollidays mainly).
I still don't like France nowadays and how it ruined local cultures like bretons or alsatians.

Deep in my heart I think that France and germany should have merged one time and rule the world. Too bad I guess.
>>
File: Karl der Große Charlemagne.jpg (163KB, 640x934px) Image search: [Google]
Karl der Große Charlemagne.jpg
163KB, 640x934px
>>66561185
Well get unified again, where is Karl when you need him?

Or even Charles V?
>>
>>66561185
Le sud de l'Alsace, entre Colmar et Mutzig. Mais je pense que tu t'en rends pas compte, pour toi c'est peut-être normal.
>>
>>66561072
>The problem is we somehow decided to use a shitty meme term like german for germany

Absolutely yes !

>But we can't say we are all germanic due to hitler and how it sort of pushes pan-germanism with everyone belonging to germany which is shit, fucking confusing.

I'm obviously germanic genetically at least : dark blond green eyes and tall. My chin is large, and my jawline too.

I speak a germanic dialect according the classification (low alemanic, like the switz) but I live in a latin speaking country, but the genetically most germanic one. France was a successfull mess, until Napoléon's end.
>>
>>66561248
Let's dream Hans , mein Freund.

Maybe it's the only way we can survive globalism besides ?

>>66561295
Je me disais bien, c'est le Sundgau. Sache que pour les alsaciens prospères, le sud de l'Alsace est rempli de connards. Mais oui on peut trouver ces couleurs, mais de manière bien plus restreinte que le blanc usuel.

Les couleurs comme celles-ci sont très récentes d'ailleurs. Forme d'exotisme, les maisons alsaciennes n'ont pas le droit d'etre détruites car elles sont considérées comme étant du patrimoine.
>>
It really does look like Germany desu
>>
>>66561756
A reason why so many french people visit it, because its so different.

People like to forget how france beat the crap out of future belgium, spain and italy to get all that tasty territory.

>They didnt do shit in WW2 so it doesnt count...
>>
>>66561931
How did they treat the Germans after they conquered it? Did they force them to speak Fr*nch?
>>
>>66558469
Germans treated Alsatians like shit.

The only Alsatian that would want to be under them was a masochist.
>>
>>66561993
Basically, but I have to be honest and tell you that the prussians (so basically us) tried to do the same with fucking with people speaking their local dialect and in general treated them with heavy suspicion.

>i.e. they are Elsässer/Alsaccians and got treated shit by the french and german governments.

I think they should join up with Luxmburg, to be honest.
>>
>>66562022
Are you an english-men?
This is important
>>
>>66562080
°englishman° urgh.
>>
>>66562080
No, I'm a Polish speaking German.
>>
>>66561993
They had to go back.
>>
>>66562107
Ah, thanks. The saxon name was therefore related to actual saxony.

I believe I remember you from some threads where you argued with other poles.
>>
>>66562138
"back"

Keep the waloniggers from trying to outbreed the flemish with french speaking moroccans please.

>Brüssel was flemish.
>>
>>66562138
wtf? i hate france now!
>>
>>66562157
Sometimes I have to do that.

And by "Germans" shitting on Alsatians, I meant Prussians not the state of Germany.
>>
>>66562194
I know, but it feels like dodging responsibility.
>>
>>66562066
>I think they should join up with Luxmburg, to be honest

Funny you say that, we're actually pretty close to them except they are way richer. I met some couple from Lux during the last winefest they were based and spoke french and their weird dialect, just like us. You seem to know what's up.

>>66561993
Unfortunately the french republic wants to unite the country and killed all the local dialects. On the local tv station there are alsatian lecons though.

When I was 3-4 and integrated the school, I spoke only alsatian, not a single word of french. It seems to be very complicated for the teachers to deal with bilingual little childs.
>>
>>66562791
I am a Saarländer and often over the broder with family who lives there as well..so I guess I do.
>>
>>66562180
>a brit randomly hating France

Nothing new under England's cloudy sky
>>
>>66561034
You are may not be German when compared to standard Prussian stereotypes but neither are Sachsen, Bavaria, Cologne, Berlin,... Germany is as diverse as France. So maybe you can be just alsatian
>>
I always thought the best thing to do would be to cut the gordian knot and just make A-L an independent country. Of course, if the EU eventually turns into an actual federal state, these sorts of things cease to matter. Michigan and Ohio don't get into wars or arguments over territory, after all.
>>
>>66563450
>Germany is as diverse as France. So maybe you can be just alsatian

It's not possible, we are maybe the most diverse country in Europe. From our point of view, Germany is like the most homogenous big country ever kek.
>>
>>66563473
Fuck off, there are enough meme countries in Europe.
>>
>>66563450
>Germany is as diverse as France.

I swear no, you really don't have to deal with the siesta tier southerners.
>>
>>66563541
>Alsace
>Ultimate border between celts and germanic tribes and the first mixing of the successful Europe
>MEME

Stay on your island fucking monkey.
>>
>>66558469
Alsace is a relatively high Arab/Black/Muslim area.

Like many regions of France it is around 25%+ Muslim especially in cities like Strasbourg.
>>
>>66563741
That's true for the big cities.

Like London, Birmingham, .......

Not a single colored man in my village.
>>
File: 20160615_184547.jpg (4MB, 3719x2092px) Image search: [Google]
20160615_184547.jpg
4MB, 3719x2092px
As someone who stayed in Nancy and traveled around Alsace for a week or so, it's pretty comfy and relaxing.
>>
>>66565968
What did you think of Nancy
t. "lived" there for 3 years
>>
File: alsace.jpg (52KB, 500x793px) Image search: [Google]
alsace.jpg
52KB, 500x793px
I like their big hats
>>
File: 20160613_124317.jpg (2MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20160613_124317.jpg
2MB, 3984x2241px
>>66566833
I really liked it! It's not too big or small so it felt just like home where I live. Place Stanislas of course was amazing to see along with the garden nearby. I might or might not be going there again next year, hopefully so cause the food there was really good. Had the best burger at a restaurant near the square. Weather wasn't too great, but that's nothing new from where I live.

Paris and some of Strasbourg was way too much for me, but cities like Nancy and Colmar were great.
>>
>>66560603
>& fuck you i'm latin.
Bah casse toi de mon pays dans ce cas.
>>
>>66558469
which country do Elsas and Lothringen people love?
>>
>>66569303
wut
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.