[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Mexican food tastier and more well known than Spanish cuisine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: mexican-food2.jpg (73KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
mexican-food2.jpg
73KB, 750x498px
Why is Mexican food tastier and more well known than Spanish cuisine?
>>
Because it is made with the sophisticated flavorings of the Arabs: cumin, hot peppers, and a heavy emphasis on rice and beans

Praise be al-Andalus
>>
>>66549536
Because they are right next to the U.S. and there is much more mexican influence there than ther is from spain. And what is mainstream in the U.S. is basically mainstream in most of the world.
>>
>>66549536

Tex-Mex bitches. Regular old beaner food is pretty dull./
>>
>>66549536
mexican food is well known only for Taco
>>
>>66549536
reminder that mexican cuisine is one of the only 4 considered world heritage
>>
>>66554485
This
http://www.unesco.org/culture/ich/en/RL/traditional-mexican-cuisine-ancestral-ongoing-community-culture-the-michoacan-paradigm-00400
>>
even english food is better than spanish food desu
>>
>>66552628
I dont think thats the case. spain is much closer but spanish food isnt really a thing here either.
>>
>>66549536
Honestly it owes a lot more to indigenous cuisine than to Spanish.

Most of it basically is essentially Indigenous dishes but with the meat of Spanish-brought livestock.
>>
>>66549536
Beaners don't wash their hands and their ingredients are covered in rat feces. Mexican food is literally shit.
>>
File: Basic Mexican Cuisine Guide.png (3MB, 1168x1934px) Image search: [Google]
Basic Mexican Cuisine Guide.png
3MB, 1168x1934px
>>
>>66557329
Is mexican food a thing there?
>>
>>66557407
good to see you finally added sopes
>>
Spanish food appears as generic European food to most. Mexican food is a combination of Mesoamerican and European cuisine which appears more unique.

Spanish cuisine is good but it isn't particularly standout.
>>
File: plebriodic-table.jpg (332KB, 1891x1131px) Image search: [Google]
plebriodic-table.jpg
332KB, 1891x1131px
>>66557301
This desu.
>>
>>66557301
2/10
>>
File: 1461171395784.jpg (622KB, 1891x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1461171395784.jpg
622KB, 1891x1131px
>>66557572
>not posting the real one
>>
>>66557603
He's right though. You could improve dramatically by putting less oil. Patatas bravas are OK but it looks like drunk food.
>>
>>66557572
MUH BIRTHPLACE MEANS IM JUST AS MUCH OF A GENIUS AS THE SCIENTIST WHO DISCOVERED THAT :DDD

oh fug my burger dropped :DD
>>
>>66557639
Please explain.
>>
>>66557692
Frogs are evil, basically.
>>
>>66549536
because your country is 40% mexican?
>>
>>66557603
its true
the only things you have (which are fucking based) that we dont are charcuterie and wine. both are which are to do with your climate. again, you have the climate to grow fucking delicious produce, and do exactly ??? with it.

i'm not trolling, spanish food is extremely dissapointing
>>
>>66557796
And yours is 40% petrol-addled abos.
>>
>>66552676
Tex mex is garbage pleb food. You've never had real mexican food in Texas so of course you think it's dull.
>>
>>66558236
I once tried a tex mex style tortilla with orange peels. It was the only time I ever bitched at my dad for making such a bad dish.
>>
File: 1450754314500.jpg (63KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450754314500.jpg
63KB, 453x500px
>>66549536
>his food isn't considered world heritage
>>
>>66558406
lmao
>>
Brit here, Spanish food is some of the best in the world. For some reason they have no idea what to do with vegetables besides stuffing them with meat, but apart from that their food is every bit as good as Italian or French (although the French have the same problem.

Also other Brits in this thread are talking out their are, where I live, in the Southwest, Spanish food is just as popular as Chinese or Thai (less than Indian obviously) and practically every main street will have a tapas bar on it.
>>
>>66557301
call food to the shit you use to eat is too optimist, though
>>
>>66549536
We forced them to stop eating people and taught them how to properly cook. The fact that there are 40 million spics in your country helps to make it an international food. Also, spanish food hardly can become fast food.
>>
Carne Asada Fries is a delicious ancient Mexican recipe that I love. I dislike having dirty Mexicans around and wish they could all just leave but I don't mind their food staying.
>>
white americans doesnt have food or know spices
mexicans introduce them, suddenly 300+ million market

meanwhile Jorge is stuck in europe next to poortugal and have to compete with french and italian cuisine

the damn frogs are really self conscious about their food
its impossible to penetrate their market, they will go as far as sabotaging the production of rivaling products, such as the case of our goose liver
>>
>>66549536

It's more well known in the USA, I suppose.
In France, we barely know anything about Mexican cuisine but Spanish cuisine is famous.
I guess it's a question of geographical proximity.
>>
>>66560608
>its impossible to penetrate their market

Man, we're the biggest productor, most people buy their foie gras in local markets and we have respect for our local traditions. Why would we buy Hungarian goose liver?
>>
Mexican cuisine = Aztec + spanish
Argie cuisine = Spanish + Italian
>>
>>66560727
>Spanish cuisine is famous

What do you know about our food besides the paella or the spanish omlette? Being genuinely curious.
>>
>>66560801
>What do you know about our food besides the paella or the spanish omlette? Being genuinely curious.
Tapas
>>
>>66560786
because its better and cheaper
you started a campaign for muh animal rights to shut it down
>>
>>66560862
>because its better and cheaper

Cheaper? Gooses fed with trash by gypsies in a soviet warehouse sure are cheaper but better? Nah.

We also have animal rights fag here, no need to blame us.
>>
>>66560947
Why are the French so cruel with veal? Veal is pretty much the most widely consumed meat here and it's gorgeous - we don't need to shut it in the dark or anything else to make it so. Your ridiculous practises led to the UK basically refusing to eat veal, which is a shame since that would have been a decent export market.
>>
>>66560801

Tapas, chorizo, gaspacho, churros, pulpo a la galega, patatas bravas and of course el jamon iberico.
>>
>>66561028

I have no idea of what you're talking about mate
>>
>>66560947
its not trash and its not gypsies
you are just a jelly a frog
your agricultural tyranny will end soon, no matter how much youll chimp out
EU will stop agricultural subs in the near future, see well you do without help and protection, frogfag
>>
>>66561046
>Tapas, chorizo, gaspacho, churros, pulpo a la galega, patatas bravas and of course el jamon iberico.
this, i could add Asado
>>
>>66561068
>you are just a jelly a frog

>being jelly of Hungary

Got me intrigued t b h famalam
>>
>>66561028
You should see what they do to ortolans.
>>
>>66560091
Tapas is basically someone emptying a bin on the table and everyone picking through it
>>
File: 1475137394230.jpg (10KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
1475137394230.jpg
10KB, 285x287px
>>66561235

For Molokh
>>
>>66561269
And yet it's better than anything that is made by a british. Really made me cogitare.
>>
>>66557823
What do you mean? We have some of the most extensive agricultural regions in Yurop like Almeria Mar de plastico along traditional grown crops than produce nearly everything than grows in europe. Any particular village will have they own sweets, charcuterie,cheese, wine or licour or dish, or a combination of all of them made there since immemorial times, while Chefs don't stop inovating using traditional ingredients with modern techniques. For meat we have the best pork of the world (Iberico) and grown the third best extensively (duroc) were Iberico can't grown as well, and you can find top tier autoctonous breeds for Beef, goat, poultry, horse, rabbit lamb or game of all kinds if you know hunters. Wild mushrooms are very apreciated too, and wild foragin is still a thing in a lot of places (like going to the hills searching borrajas or cardos, or collecting snails for a free meal) and every region cuisine is ostensible different, we don't use lots of species tough.
>>
>>66561269
>Tapas is basically someone emptying a bin on the table and everyone picking through it
rude
>>
>>66561400
If that's true, why are there so many signs for Full English Breakfasts in continental Europe?

Check-fucking-mate!
>>
>>66561457
Because British tourists are fucking animals and won't eat anything they can't immediately translate. Try offer them pollo asado and they look at you like it's the most dangerous and exotic thing ever
>>
>>66561532
I know, it was being retarded.
>>
>>66561532
>Because British tourists are fucking animals
where do you live? in Madrid they are good tourists and polite
>>
>>66561599
The ones going to Madrid for sure aren't the ones spending their dole money on a daily dosis of beer and cheap sandwiches.
>>
>>66561665
chavs from britain go to Magaluf and other horrible places in Catalunya, but average brit is really polite... my experience with them is really good, nice people
>>
>>66561599
>got pensioneers and culture tourists
you didn't experience the true bong horror
>>
>>66561413
99% of brits that come to Spain eat in an english pub, chinese restaurante, McDonalds or fall for a tourist trap. It's even hard for us to find a decent place on the coast, just imagine if you can't speak the local language. Do you expect those kind of restaurants to give anything that wasn't frozen for months? Or even more, do you expect them to offer anything that isn't tourist oriented food.
>>
>>66561740
It's alright, the same dickheads that infest your south coast voted to leave the EU.

They either won't be able to afford it or will be too fucking stupid to figure out the visa application.
>>
>>66561820
>They either won't be able to afford it or will be too fucking stupid to figure out the visa application.

kek, I can see the spanish government panicking and voting to leave the euro in order to get a cheaper currency for the british tourists.
>>
Sorry, man, I don't think I've eaten anything Mexican besides a Taco.

Perhaps you feel you know it more than Spanish food because half of you are Mexican by now while you've never seen a Spanish person in your life.
>>
>>66561850
Nah, they'll probably just turn the English pubs into biergartens or vodka bars to bait tourists from other countries with depressing weather.
>>
>>66561739
we send our low class to London too
>>
It's probably because everything is served in a tortilla.

Spangs just toss everything into a pot and call it pajeja.
>>
>>66562291
>Reducing Mexican cooking to tacos.
>He doesn't even know pintxos or tapas.
Being so fat and knowing so little about food... Sad.
>>
>>66557407
>Horchata, croquetas, churros, chorizo
>Platos típicos mexicanos
>>
>>66562869
Horchata with fartonitos lad, the greatest mexican invention
>>
>>66562869
I didn't say we invented them. But yeah, we eat them. Churros, Menudo, Chorizo, Jamaica (hibiscus tea), etc.

Most of those things are from here, though.
>>
>>66563293
In any case, I like Mexican food but I think that what we eat in Spain as Mexican food is in fact the American interpretation. Is like Mcdonalds, a kebab or Dominos pizza; fast food.
>>
>>66562869
Bueno, la croqueta, como el propio nombre indica, fue inventado por una panda de maricones también conocidos como franceses.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.