[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CETA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: what the hell is ceta.jpg (72KB, 660x438px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell is ceta.jpg
72KB, 660x438px
Only EU members and Canadians welcome.

What is CETA and why is it bad? Can anyone redpill me on the subject?
>>
You dont own me
>>
desu, I haven't heard a good arguement for why it's a bad deal.
>>
File: a1e.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
a1e.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>66536290
>implying
>>
>>66536314
>desu, I haven't heard a good arguement for why it's a bad deal.
For so many people to protest it there's got to be a reason.
>>
File: OswaldADM.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
OswaldADM.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>66536388
So are you
>>
>>66536269
kek, Canada can't into free trade with Europe.
>>
I heard its like TITIP but only for Canada.
TITIP is shit, because it allows companies to sue ouur national governments for stuff like enviromental protection hindering foiling their projects among other stuff like dropping our foodstandarts on new world levels.

Then there is worrys about mass imports of food destroying all our smaller agriculture companies and also the application of genetically enhanced crops.
But I dont know if it wouldnt be for the best to cut down small agriculturalists without a future.

The rest is definitly shit tho.
>>
So nobody here knows what CETA is?Hmm?

Such a massive trade agreement and nobody knows what exactly it does?
>>
>>66536534
>companies to sue ouur national governments for stuff like enviromental protection hindering foiling their projects among other stuff like dropping our foodstandarts on new world levels

What the fug???I should watch the news more.When did they try to pass this trough? Hell, i'll be protesting too if they try pulling this shit here.

My country is small and the mega corporations will eat us alive.
>>
>>66536600
It lowers import tax with almost a 100%
It makes it easier to sell to each others countries, now you only need "permission" from one country, instead of both EU and Canada
It doesn't lower your each country individual standard.
There were rumors that a company could sue a government if they weren't allowed to sell their products in that particular country, but afaik, it ain't true
>>
>>66536711
>When
They are trying since 2014 I think with some predecessors which were also shot down by protests, so a longer time, the protests were fueled by most of the titip stuff being kept in secret.
I wonder why :^)

Its one of the few things both the left wing, the right wing and most apolitical people can agree on to shun here.
>>
>>66536781
But they can dump their godawful food products + monsanto garbage
>>
>>66536269
it's not bad, it's a really good thing, you should vote for it goy.
>>
>>66536534
>>66536889
And it's TTIP you mong
>>
>>66536916
Well, can't we just deni that being sold in our countries?
>>
>>66536269
>>66536314
>>66536424
>>66536534
>>66536781
It would be okay if it wasn't for ISDS

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investor-state_dispute_settlement

ISDS is the one reason that so many oppose it.
>>
>>66536781
>rumours
Because most of the stuf was kept hidden first.
Now as it got pulled out of their noses most serious newspapers here agree that it will be possible for them which is the main point of critique.

If it were only the lowering of import tax most people wouldnt be as opposed.
>>
>Canadians
>>>/x/
>>
>>66536984
>that being sold in our countries?
By the time the general public becomes aware your markets will be flooded with garbage from what i understand by reading up on this shit.

Now i understand why we are just now learning about this shit.
>>
I'm free to post here
>>
>>66536984
No because once you sign an agreement, it's not possible to just deny certain products with hindsight.besides the EU doesnt give a fuck
>>
>>66537111
Yes you are but i don't think that the topic of our conversation will be of any interest to you.

Unless you are Canadian/European of course.
>>
>>66536269
Everyone decided ISDS was bad after TTIP even though it had already been a common feature of international trade agreements for several decades now.
>>
>>66536269
Something like TTP
That's all I know.
>>
>>66537724
>Everyone decided ISDS was bad after TTIP even though it had already been a common feature of international trade agreements for several decades now.
Trade agreements where?
>>
>>66536984
by signing TTIP a country loses that right
>>
>>66537724
This, ISDS has been around for ages and I don't think a company has ever successfully sued a government with it
>>
>>66537347
It's basically slightly neutered TTIP, but still incredibly bad.
>>
>>66536269
wallonia here, we trolled these leafs good
how does it feel now fucking leafs
>>
>>66539260
People believe the US could and will use CETA as a trojan horse to eventually push TTIP in europe.
To start with, the US would use their trade agreement with Canada to trade indirectly with the EU too.
>>
>>66539778
Essentially this. Canada is already an extension of the US market.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.