[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Pangaea.jpg (436KB, 1600x1587px)
Pangaea.jpg
436KB, 1600x1587px
What's your opinion on this?
>>
File: 1477269744927.jpg (543KB, 1600x1587px)
1477269744927.jpg
543KB, 1600x1587px
>>66509377
If humans evolved on Pangea, whites would have evolved in the Canadian arctic, as it has many islands in a temperate climate for civilisations to flourish. We would eventually sail around the Arctic sea similar to Mediterranean and form nations in Alaska and Kamchakta around the strait to deep Ocean fishing.
red in pic is white homeland
cyan is white expansion
>>
>>66511675
The Tethys sea would arise Asian and Amerindian oceanic peoples with fishing economies
I believe whites would also develop ship building first as the Arctic sea would be calmer for babystep development like Mediterranean instead of raging tropical sea in Tethys which would breed diseases bugs etc.
However an Asiatic tribe may travel north to Himalayan sea with cooler waters and temperate climate and foster a first world civilisation rather than a tropical hellhole.
>>
>France is still at the center
It's like we are Chosen
>>
>>66511842
Possiby humans evolve in Brazil, which would be dry savannah climate from rain blocked by west coast mountains. The tropical rainforests turning into plains from Pangea drying forces apes to evolve upright to hunt prey and watch out for predators.
>>
>>66511675
>>66511842
>>66511922
nerd talk like that wont get you to the moon, nigel
>>
>>66509377
>chile still has the west coast
>>
File: 1452140706900.jpg (379KB, 1914x939px) Image search: [Google]
1452140706900.jpg
379KB, 1914x939px
>>66511895
>Algeria
>>
>>66512051
Chile will never lose it's edge
>>
>>66511675
Actually you're wrong, your scheme here seems to be suggesting a pattern similar to the old idea of Nordics evolving on the Baltic area, which seems now to be disproven. Light skin arose with agriculture, as farmers had a larger requirement of Vitamin D than hunters, meaning it would have had to evolve further south as agriculture would have been developed in warmer climates and the adaptation would have appeared as people who had adopted it had moved north, likewise blue eyes did apparently evolve amongst originally darker skinned people and were unrelated to white skin, being likely simply an attractive trait which may have granted those bearing it an only social reproductive advantage, if at all.

There were apparently two other peoples involved in the evolution of the current European phenotype, a basal Eurasian type, which we can only speculate on in regards to looks, and an Asian component whose ancestry is also common to Amerindians.

TL;DR "races" as we know them would not have evolved the same in Pangea, blonde hair could just as well be exclusive to blacks in this world (it did evolve amongst Melanesians in ours) and light colored eyes might have evolved amongst peoples with epicanthic folds (Asians) light skin in our world did originally evolve amongst dark haired people with dark eyes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892
>>
>>66509377
>The South somehow got even hotter
>>
>>66513327
How about the huntergathers evolve in Canadian arctic while neolithic farmers evolve around great lakes then travel north in contact with huntergathers, mixing into modern whites.
Then from there they spread around the arctic sea and form civilisations on alaska and kamchakta around the strait
>>
>>66513443
You seem to be missing the point to the butterfly effect rationale, these would be very different peoples, on just pangea being a single land mass you would see less breaks in variation than in our world. Also this is a world oriented in a north-south axis so clinal variation in terms of traits would be less dramatic, if skin tone follows in the same patterns as in our world Canada is simply too close to the equator to be the home of any light skinned people.
>>
File: usa-008[1].jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
usa-008[1].jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>66509377
>based USA is too strong to become deformed
>>
>>66513625
Would Arctic seashore of Siberia and Kamchakta be a likely origin for huntergatherers and Canadian arctic for neolithic farmers?
>>
File: 4L_wnpVSyQw.png (391KB, 600x822px)
4L_wnpVSyQw.png
391KB, 600x822px
This explains Argentina
>>
>>66513829
Man, it's all speculation, I've explained that given latitude it's unlikely but knock yourself out writing fiction.
>>
File: 1477269744927 (1).jpg (543KB, 1600x1587px)
1477269744927 (1).jpg
543KB, 1600x1587px
>>66514016
Of course it's fucking speculation what do you think the bloody thread was made in the first place.
Yes I've heard of the clash of civilisations theory that west east is more important than north south because of agriculture.
Pangea appears to have sufficient horizontal size, albeit a slightly diagonal which wouldn't matter too much as people can fucking adapt a bit.
>>
>>66509377
>Land Borders

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>slightly closer to sweden

o kurwa better grab the rifle
>>
>>66509377

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to close to shitskins for my liking.
>>
>>66515231
Swedish Estonia wasn't really bad and it sure as fuck beats being part of Russia.
>>
>>66515252
But USA, you are the shitskin.
>>
>>66515441

shut up pedro, the wall will fix that.
>>
>>66515352
they won't decapitate me for drinking alcohol though
>>
I wish there was a world truck simulator where you could drive around pangea
>>
>>66509377
So called ToT
Move us to warm place.

>>66511895
Chosen to be multicultural.
>>
>RIP all countries with a boarder to the USA
well wouldnt change much for Deutschland
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.