[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Americans take North Korea in a war? Or would it be Vietnam 2.0?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: 1446444676322.png (852KB, 800x573px) Image search: [Google]
1446444676322.png
852KB, 800x573px
Could Americans take North Korea in a war? Or would it be Vietnam 2.0?
>>
It would be nuclear holocaust and bye bye America as we know it.
>>
>>66491378
I thought the norks didn't have the capability to nuke things yet?
>>
>>66491253
Nothing we want in NorK.
Also too close to China. Crossing the Yalu didn't go so well last time with politicians in charge of the war, did it?
Regarding that, I'm of the opinion that the world's power structure prefers that Young Fat Kim stay in charge as a useful idiot.

But yes, we have plenty of bunker busters, cluster bombs, and allies to their south who would like to end the war once and for all.

Sadly for your entertainment, I'm also of the opinion that we will soon enter a phased isolationist period, so if you're feeling froggy, you 'd better jump soon.
>>
>>66491378
You mean bye bye Seoul.

I kinda want it to happen.
>>
>>66492155
But Pyongyang biggest talking point is "We will make good on our word to destroy American imperialists." or something along those lines, it's in all of their propaganda. Are they just talking shit? War seems inevitable.

>Sadly for your entertainment, I'm also of the opinion that we will soon enter a phased isolationist period, so if you're feeling froggy, you 'd better jump soon.

Only if you keep Hilary out
>>
>>66492295
Are you familiar with the premise of the book "The Mouse That Roared"?
See also "saber rattling" and "squeaky wheel (gets the grease)"

Agreed, Her Royal Cuntness would be an international disaster, though this is probably part of the elites' plan to change the world for our betters. Not that she would last long in office, anyway.
>>
>>66491253
they can take on a bunch of rice farmers with outdates weapons

what makes you think they can take on based Kim and Best Korea?
>>
>>66492682
they couldn' take on
>>
>>66491253
Based MiG 15.
>>
If there was ever an opprotunity to do something it was before N. Korea went nuclear.
Now that they have the capabilities, I have a feeling any full-scale conflict is going to result in somebody getting nuked, and Kim's probably going to be the guy who pushes the button first.
>>
>>66492682
They don't have Soviet and Chinese backing
>>
>>66492765
Its spelled, "Sabre"
>>
It would be easy desu.

Neither China or Russia would risk a nuclear war with America over such an insignificant country.
America could steamroll them, with the only possible casualty being seol.
>>
North Korean nuke can't reach the US yet so they would have to fire them at Seoul

we should have taken out N. Korea before they became dangerous, diplomacy only works when the other party is rational

that being said, I'm sure that South Korea and US have special forces already inside North Korea within striking distance of Kim Jong-un just incase anything goes bad
>>
>>66493776
Do SEA countries worry about North Korea?
>>
>>66491253
>another Vietnam

You mean the U.S. occupies the country for 10 years while Russia funds guerrillas to harass the occupying forces until the American public gets tired of the loss of life and money, so the U.S. finally withdraws, and years later shitposters on /int/ re-imagine the war as a failure of the U.S. military might?

Yeah, it would probably be exactly like Vietnam.
>>
>>66493889
I'm American, but I haven't heard anyone talk about North Korea here

this place is so tiny nobody cares about war
>>
File: 1439825419089.jpg (14KB, 185x160px) Image search: [Google]
1439825419089.jpg
14KB, 185x160px
>>66494091
>/int/ re-imagine the war as a failure of the U.S. military might?
>re-imagine
>>
>>66493639
kill ratio mig 15>sabre 86 and panthers.
>>
>>66494091
>bring army to stop communism
>don't achieve your goal
>that's not failure m89
>>
>>66494091
I close my eyes and imagine that you are visiting from a faraway world history / geopolitical forum where sassy teenagers are routinely spanked instead of encouraged...yet this unknown place is still somehow entertaining as well as informative.
If such a thing were to actually exist, of course.
>>
>>66494091
>>66494580
>We only lost and withdrew because we wanted too! Doesn't mean we truly lost!
>>
>>66494168
>Implying Russian military statistics are more reliable than UN statistics.
>Implying the MiG is better than the Sabre.
>>
>>66494772
What war is truly won? :^)
>>
>>66494091
>withdraw
>not a failure of us military might
>>
>>66491434
They have capability to nuke Souh Korea and perhaps Japan but not America
>>
>>66495247
It would be funny if Japan go nuked. No more anime nerds.
>>
>>66494910
MiG is great on high flight, Sabre great on low.
>Implying Russian military statistics are more reliable than UN statistics.
UN were sucks at truth.
>>
>>66495278

Japan got nuked before and anime is still on here.

Dumb leaf poster.
>>
>>66495346
2 nukes wasn't enough
>>
It would all depend on the chinese. Unless they supplied the norks with pretty much everything there's really no reason why the whole system wouldn't collapse in on itself the moment americans and south koreans started their air superiority campaign. The biggest problem would be the civilian casualties in south korea and especially soul which would be barraged with artillery as soon as the war started.

Making the comparison itself isn't really valid anyway. The north korean army is nowhere near as well equipped, fed, or supported by a relatively robust country with large potential to feed and supply troops and with multiple communist allies as the PVA was.

I'd go so far as to assume that vietnamese would be insulted if you compared their war time army or even the irregular viet cong forces to the contemporary north koreans.
>>
File: 1476770221238.jpg (68KB, 900x452px) Image search: [Google]
1476770221238.jpg
68KB, 900x452px
>>66495337
The US still had a higher Air-to-Air kill count than Russia during the war.
>>
>>66496202
1106 on migs and anti air 335 lost.
mig > sabre
>>
>>66496202
Is it bad that I can name all those planes.
>>
>>66491253
if we were to try to take norklandia, i doubt we would send our own to do it. thats not how the us military does it anymore. we create instability in the area through subversion, then we fund revolutionaries to fight for us, and then we install a puppet. vietnam is the reason we dont do mainland invasions anymore. guerrilla warfare is difficult to combat
>>
>>66496876
haha FUCKIN NERD
>>
>>66496927
It;s method didn't worked in Syria.
>>
>>66492682
You understand that the Vietcong and North Vietnamese army where different entities right? The rice farmers had huge mortality rates.
>>
>>66494168

>The russian actually believes this tripe

What I don't understand about this old Soviet meme is this:

Did all those read American pilots not have families or friends ?

The reason our loses are credible is because there's actual fucking graves and grieving families that we can count.

The Soviets didn't even acknowledge that they were in Korea.
>>
>>66492155
>allies to their south who would like to end the war once and for all.

I've got a shovel-head friend who says that in his country they don't really think about the Norks too much, other than that they don't want to be the ones burdened with re-building that shithole once the Kim regime collapses.
>>
>>66493776
The Kim family's person guard is said to be the only military part with modern weapons and training. Also numbering supposedly in the tens of thousands.
>>
>>66497106
I will not buy your post.
Mig>sabre is still my opinion.
>>
>>66494091
we fucking lost dude. youre dreaming if you think we won that fiasco. i wouldnt even say that the VC won either, seeing as how things played out. it was an all around atrocity, and useless display of military and political might that resulted in tremendous loss of life and wasted resources for all parties involved, not to mention it has ruined vietnam for decades what with all the agent orange that we poisoned them with. get your head out of your ass, that war was an atrocity, and even if we did win it, it would be nothing to brag about.
>>
>>66495247
even then, the number of nukes they have is in the single digits and their guidance systems are so bad half of them will splash down harmlessly
>>
North Korea is a very profitable mafia state, the leadership has many billions of reasons not to trigger a war, we should just leave Kim alone.
>>
>>66497240
It was cummunism that ruined veitnam.
>>
>>66497305
and the fact that if you eat food that is grown on their land you grow a second head and three and a half extra arms. that war was an abomination and what we did was unforgivable. but whatever lets you sleep at night
>>
>>66497041
When your average american doesn't understand that PVA and viet cong were too different organisations with shared leadership how do you expect anyone else to know?
>>
>>66497449
Who's land? The north that invaded the sovereign nation of the south, or the south that was made a war zone by the northern cummunist?
>>
>>66497449
We didn't do anything wrong if you even are American and not using a proxy. It wasn't an abomination and noting special, so stop exagerating with the octopus babies.
>>
File: 1460896102807.jpg (64KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460896102807.jpg
64KB, 480x270px
>>66497938
>if you even are American and not using a proxy
>>
>>66497938
you did horrible things to them, its not a proxy, even americans themselves are ashamed. your nation is so cruel.
>>
File: 1472031954745.jpg (59KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
1472031954745.jpg
59KB, 642x792px
>>66498053
When the memes comeout you've already lost.
>>
File: feelsguykek.jpg (56KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
feelsguykek.jpg
56KB, 500x513px
>>66498240
>implying your country didn't do worse to its own people
>>
>>66498334
>if you no like war your not real amerishart!
sounds like a meme to me
>>66498240
>t. chairman
>>
>>66498240
> commie flag
Kek

Like what, and please say on a large scale. I know the Vietcong killed and massacred whole villages that didn't join them? I know the north didn't care about civilian casualties when they did terror attacks in cities. I know they would chain their own soldiers to the staring wheels of vehicles so they couldn't escape when they heard planes coming. I know they killed or send intellectuals to reeducation camps which caused a brain drain, and caused huge amounts of people to flee. I know the Chinese invaded after and took some islands from them too, and are hated more while America is liked by them.
>>
>>66498406
You're right Germany you guys really did do worse to your own people.
>>
>>66498419
>Implying people don't shill as other countries to pretend to represent them.
>>
>>66498719
Hah joke's on you I'm just a foreigner in Germany
>>
>>66498782
Inb4 ""Greek""
>>
File: america.jpg (14KB, 255x186px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
14KB, 255x186px
>>66498841
>>
>>66496202
>Be burgr on F86A2
>See old pe-2
>Ratatat ez kill
>See mig
>"AH MA FACKEN GOD I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE"
>>
File: f86-20a.jpg (51KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
f86-20a.jpg
51KB, 600x432px
>>66496762
I'm sorry 1106 Sabres and other jets shot down over Korea? We lost our entire air fleet in Korea? Or maybe its the shitty methods of recording flight data used by the Migs.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.