[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glad we can all agree on this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: meme.png (1MB, 6460x3230px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
1MB, 6460x3230px
Glad we can all agree on this.
>>
>>66482969
Why is Bosnia western?
>>
>>66482969
make greece light blue
>>
File: no.jpg (168KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
168KB, 380x380px
>wanting to be western
>>
Nobody here considers third world countries as western

Only Canada, west Europe, some parts of the US, Australia, NZ
>>
>>66482969
I'm ok with this, I'm not so sure about those Central American countries as partially Western, only Guatemala has an Amerindian majority and their mainstream culture is pretty similar to ours. Also, the French/English speaking Caribbean is basically colonial derived culture.
>>
>>66483151
Nobody elsewhere cares about what aussies think 2bh
>>
>>66483188
Can confirm
>>
File: weternizacja.jpg (979KB, 6460x3230px) Image search: [Google]
weternizacja.jpg
979KB, 6460x3230px
It should be that
This is the best view
>>
>monkey be desperate to make himself out to be part of 1st world
>>
>>66483151
that's germanic not west
>>
fuck off, we are not """western""" (whatever it means)
>>
>>66483216
I do
The Aussie is right
Fuck you
>>
>>66483333
>west = 1st world
>nip education
>>
>>66483365
so if you stand that russia isn't western - change your writing systems to arabic letters and destroy all of your cultural heritage connected with slavic, orthodox and with modern russia since Peter 1 the great

You are Western country. YES, as you want apply that is your view
>>
>>66483286
meh, I'd agree, but the problem here is self identification in Russia which might also aply in the Caribbean. Everytime you post something about Russians being Westerners their posters come out on force to deny it

Personally I think it might be the effect of their having used "west" for so long to refer to their cold war rivals but when you try arguing the concept is based on Classic Greco-Roman civilization they come up with all sorts of special snowflake exceptions. Central America as I argued earlier I do think should be fully Western, if any exception aplies it could be to Bolivia and Peru being majority Amerindian and choosing not to fully identify wioth Western culture although IMHO you can do both as in my country.
>>
>>66482969
I don't think any country in Latin America is western 2bh even Chile, Argentina and Brazil
>>
>>66483535
Fair enough, why? We're all Catholic countries who speak a European language and whose education systems are all based on Western culture, nevermind our traditional cultures (everything from farming methods to the instruments we use to make music) all descend strongly from European tradition.
>>
>>66483410
>monkey be still not aware of himself unconsciously pushing the term as camouflage to want others to admit that mokeyland be part of 1st world/civilized nations group
>>
>>66483708
>1st world/civilized nations group
Do you think Japán is a Western country?
>>
>>66483464
you are worst pole, every pole i've met tells me that russia is mongol, you are some broken pole, not even real pole, also russia is not western, west doesn't even exist, it's a meme
>>
>>66483708
see >>66483618
There are debates but what you're saying is nonsense, we're talking exclusively about culture.
>>
>>66483618
I guess it depends for what we understand as western? We're catholic spanish/portuguese speaking countries but still, in some the native american influence is pretty strong or it was mixed with european culture, and none of us is fully developed
>>
File: 1461412264090.png (29KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1461412264090.png
29KB, 420x420px
Who cares?
>>
>Russia a white christrian country that speaks an indo-euorpean language and has numerous contributions to science, mathematics and the western literary canon is less western than some amerindian sudaca shit holes.
>>
>>66483864
Development has nothing to do with it, arguably your country is doing better than Greece and /pol tards aside no one would be that stupid as to not consider the country which originated Western thought in the first place.

As for Amerindian culture it doesn't take away from us being Western countries, you can be both in the particular case of Latin America where syncretism is nearly half a millenium old. Western culture is a number of traditions such as Western philosphy (from Socrates to Kant) history (in the critical approach used in the West) the beaux arts (classical music, neo-Calssic architecture, etc.) and science. Granted many of these have been adopted by all nations as part of globalization but they're ancestral to our culture as partly immigrant countries.

Amerindian culture has mostly evolved under the influence of the West (eg the overwhelming majority of amerindians in mexico are Catholic) and so have our won national cultures, as wealthy as they may be I think it would be presumptuous to say we have evolved to the point of becoming our own civilization, we still today rely on exchange with Europe and the rest of the Western world when it comes to technology and science, nevermind culture (eg literature, we use Western genres such as poetry or the novel) and we haven't really developed world views which are independent of Western tradition.

If by Western you mean the "developed, 1st world" yes, we are not a part of that, we are the poor Western countries.
>>
>>66484153
I agree, although "white" has nothing to do with it, both the Macedon and Roman empires included as full participants peoples who would not be considered "white" today.
>>
>>66484153
>Russia a white christrian country that speaks an indo-euorpean language and has numerous contributions to science, mathematics and the western literary canon
Brazil is all of that too :^)
>>
>>66483864
American culture is (sadly) pretty strong here, We along with Mexico are the most western influenced countries in latam due to our geographical location and relative short distance to the US and Europe. There's a reason why most call centers providing customer service to americans or multinationals headquartering in latam choose either Mexico or Colombia to open up their main offices
>>
>>66484153
>there are retards who actually believe this
>>
>>66485322
Everything Aussie has said about Russia is true though.
>>
>>66482969
Yup
>>
File: 132265320792.png (209KB, 453x435px) Image search: [Google]
132265320792.png
209KB, 453x435px
>>66482969
Only Europe can be truly western, so leave it at that
>>
File: mhm2.jpg (32KB, 493x656px) Image search: [Google]
mhm2.jpg
32KB, 493x656px
>>66485696
Please enlighten us on Australian civilization, I want to learn about its distinctive philosophy and how it developed its own script
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.