[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't suicide legal in your country? Do you even liberty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: robin_williams-esquire.jpg (268KB, 640x836px) Image search: [Google]
robin_williams-esquire.jpg
268KB, 640x836px
Why isn't suicide legal in your country? Do you even liberty?
>>
I guess you mean assisted suicide.
Ending your life per se isn't a crime in this country as far as i know. What would be the point? It's not like they'll throw your corpse in jail.
>>
>>66472740
The point of making suicide illegal is so that the police can enter private property without a warrant to stop you from killing yourself.
>>
that's le retarded

>kill self
>o shit he's done something illegal let's arrest him
>he's le dead>>66472740
untry? Do you even liberty?
Anonymous 2 minutes ago No.66472740
I guess you mean assisted suicide.
Ending your life per se isn't a crime in this country as far as i know. What would be the point? It's not like they'll throw your corpse in jail.
>>
>>66472676
Suicide isn't illegal, you can't arrest the dead
I think you'd mean attempted suicide which also isn't illegal
>>
Suicide isn't illegal anywhere, at least not in the first world (it was illegal in the UK until the 1960s, though); and I assume you mean assisted suicide, which varies by state, the most common argument against it the whole "how do we know the person is really consenting for it and not being pressured by the doctor?"
>>
>>66472778
They shouldn't be allowed to stop you though.
>>
>>66472778
>Freedom
>>
>>66472846

So, they only arrest people that want to do it in public? What about the health system trying to keep alive people that clearly had the intention of dying?
>>
>>66472846
>he doesn't know about the ghost jail
>>
>>66472876

But assisted suicide is still illegal for the majority of the population.
>>
>>66473013
Indeed; it only started to be legalized in some States in the early 1990s; we generally have an existentialist view with life and are reluctant to lose or deprive it of anybody.
>>
It's not criminal if that's what you mean. It used to be and the penalty was death lmao.
>>
>>66473124

"freedom"
>>
>>66472876
>Suicide isn't illegal anywhere
But attempted suicide is, or rather can be.
>>
>>66473124
Except for people who do things we really dislike.
>>
Suicide should be illegal. The penalty should be death for the criminal and all first-degree relatives.
>>
>>66472676
As far as I know suicide isn't illegal here, and assisted suicide is a thing, under of course conditions.

I believe Best Korea has some weird ass law regarding suicide though, something about punishing the family of whoever attempt said suicide.
>>
>>66472676
It is illegal, but nobody has gone to jail after committing suicide so far. I wonder why
>>
>>66472778
i've seen this rationale being thrown around a lot on the internet lately, but i have an inkling that it's purely post-hoc, and that the real reasons for the restrictions on suicide are puritanical/moral in their foundations.

such a tangential approach is unnecessary. there already are laws which give police officers greater impunity during emergency situations. ostensibly, these could be expanded to cover suicides in progress, assuming they haven't already been.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.