[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Syrians Arabs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: Syria-Map-e1447686542117.jpg (92KB, 520x421px) Image search: [Google]
Syria-Map-e1447686542117.jpg
92KB, 520x421px
Are Syrians Arabs?
>>
Simple rule.
Everything that is brown and doesn't come from europe is an arab, no matter if they know that they are, or if they don't know.
>>
>>66445591
And what makes you think that you can lump in all these distinct cultures and languages from India to Turkey to Morocco just because they happen to have varying shades of brown skin tone under one term?
>>
>>66448754
Same shit, different language. Now gtfo sandnigger.
>>
>>66448974
First of all the entire term "Arab" is a lingustic term so you can't say "different languages" and then say "they are all Arab".
Secondly, Indian culture, Pakistani culture, Turkish culture, Yemeni culture, Lebanese culture, Moroccan culture, are all different & distinct cultures that have their own traditions and just because they come in varying shades of brown doesn't suddenly make them all one.
Nice language btw. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
>>
>>66445556
Yes. Why you ask?
>>
>>66445591
this tbqh
>>
>>66445556
Yeah. I thought basic geography and common knowledge would have made that a given.
>>
>>66448974
You reminded me a lot of this lovely American lady actually:
youtube.com/watch?v=KHx21vr624Y
>>
>>66445591
https://youtu.be/dILmZn0I4Pw
>>
>>66445591
Lots and lots of Syrians aren't brown.
>>
>>66449327
Kek
>>
Syrians are white
>>
File: 1459921816048.gif (629KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459921816048.gif
629KB, 180x200px
>>66449325
>that accent
why is boston still allowed to exist?
>>
>>66449183
>>66449325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aexgre9BbpQ
>>
>>66449887
Not an argument.
>>
>>66445556
On the one hand, they were forced into Islam and the Arab identity. On the other hand they had their own civilization before and even had their own writing system before the Arabs had one, so there's a Syrian national identity.
>>
>>66449979
there is also the syrian arab identity , it was pretty stong , there is even pan arabist nazi syrians who dream of a greater syria which contains all of the levant
>>
>>66449978
What the fuck do you want me to say?

- You speak Arabic
- You are muslims
- You look brown (most of you)
how the fuck aren't you sandniggers?
>>
>>66450425
No I am an Arab. But not everybody who is "brown" is an Arab. If their mother tongue is Arabic, they are Arabs. But most brown people don't speak Arabic.
And there are Christian Arabs.
Also stop using racial slurs.
>>
>>66449183

Mia Khalifa is a Leb but looks Indian. All the same shit. I agree with OP.
>>
>>66450096
you had me at the nazi
how can we support these wonderful people in their struggle against the jooz and k*rds?
>>
>>66450775
Yeah, most Lebs don't look like her and being "Arab" isn't about looks. It's about language.
>>
>>66450867

She's a Maronite, I wonder what Muslim Lebanese look like.
>>
>>66450688
Most of them are Arabs. They shouldn't be offended, like a Hungarian or Romanian who shouldn't be offended if someone from Korea or Indonesia though we/they are slavs. We aren't but the region is overwhelmingly Slavic, same thing with the Turks, Kurds and other non-Arabic people in MENA.

Getting riled up over things like that is just too prideful and autistic.
>>
>>66450688
>Also stop using racial slurs.
Jeez you're growing a vagina. Why don't you sit on a rainbow and write a poem?
>>
>>66450425
alright let me put it in a way you'll understand the difference between peninsular arabs Levantine arabs and na arabs is like the diffrence between slavs nordics and Mediterraneans we may speak the same language (debatable a saudi wouldn't be able to understand the moroccan dialects and vice versa) but we are from different ancestries and historical backgrounds you get that?
>>
>>66451011
But you're just being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Makes you seem like a kid.
>>
>>66445556
technically they'd have to be from the Arabian Peninsula versus just being Semites (and even then not all of them are Semites).
>>
>>66451136
he lives with his parents and shitposts racial slurs on the internet did you expect anything different?
>>
>>66451011
>implying poetry is a womanly activity

Why are there zero good female poets, then?
>>
>>66450970
In Lebanon you can't tell someone's religion by looks alone unless they're wearing a religious symbol like a cross or hijab. But she's dark for most Lebs (Chrisrian or Muslim or Druze).
>>66450976
But he is denying their own cultural identity just because they arr rook same to him. So it's not just about the assumption.
>>66451011
I don't know mr. Kraut why don't you kill another 40M of your European brothers?
>>
>>66451089
you're arab muslims.. there's nothing to add
>>66451209
good point
>>
>>66449745
You think hers is bad??? You haven't heard a southie
t.A guy from CT
>>
>>66451011
Ooo look at this tough guy over here, guys.

He uses racial slurs on the internet. I bet he has his big boy pants on too.
>>
>>66451297
More importantly, Pan-Arab Republicanism when? This (((jihadist))) shit has been going on for too long, when will the good old United Arab Republic return?
>>
>>66450096
>pan arabist nazi syrians who dream of a greater syria which contains all of the levant
Aren't those just the Baathists? Their ideology kind of fell apart when the ones in places like Iraq (Saddam) and Syria (the original ASAP) decided they'd rather just stay in control of their own country instead of uniting.
>>
>>66451435
why are you on 4chan if you get so upset by slurs? Typical goatfuckers desu
>>
>>66445556
Yes.North africans are berbers,middle easterners and turks included are arabs.
The whitest arabs are lebanese,west turkey/thrace and caucasus

However the term "white" should mean people from an european background who are atheist/christian and don't speak arab.
A nordic looking arab in the middle east isn't "white"
>>
Ever since the Muslim conquest, Arab has been more of a cultural thing than ethnic thing. Before then, the people of the Levant spoke Aramaic and the Christan Assyrians still do. After the conquest, the Egyptian/Coptic, Berber, and Old South Arabian languages feel out of use as the locals assimilated into Arabic language, religion, and culture. These people didn't suddenly die off and get replaced by Arabic, they just started speaking Arabic instead of their ancestors languages. This is why a white looking Levantine and dark brown Bedouin both identify as ethnic Arabs.
>>
>>66451484
You do know that many of ISIS's military commanders were members of Saddam's Baath party and military. Radical Jihad and the fascist pan-Arab parties apparently meld pretty well.
>>
Yes.
What kind of retarded question is this?
>>
>>66451484
When all sandniggers are dead
>>
>>66445556
No, they are germans
>>
now they are

lmfao
>>
They speak Arabic but they are not Arabs.
>>
>>66451484
Yeah tbqh I would like pan-Arabism to work, a secular superpower in MENA, not various shades of Islamists or globalists.
But I don't see it happening anytime soon.
>>
>>66451860
What do most arabs think anout lebs?
>>
>>66451860
secularism will not bring unity to the middle east

just look at yurope
>>
>>66451766
Isn't that a nobrainer?Arab nationalism includes islam .
The portuguese fascist state"Estado Novo" was conservative catholic.Salazar made a deal with the Church and it meant that in porrugal the church would not pay housing taxes and that the state should protext the religion's superiority in the country in case of some problems related with islamic rise in europe
>>
>>66451766
And many of the Nazi generals and officers were in the Kaiser's army, then in the Weimar Republic's forces and many Nazi police officers remained at their posts in the BRD.

Of course they will join the ISIS, if they are the only ones fighting the enemy tribes. That doesn't make them committed bronze-age jihadists.
>>
>>66451766
It worked for Syria (before USA and Israel and NATO funded rebels) but both Saddam and Gaddafi weren't nearly harsh on Islamists as Hafiz al-Assad was
>>
>>66451575
Who said I'm upset, horsefucker?
>>
>>66452054
That was only locally.
Regionally, Hafez and Bashar supported particular Islamist groups for their own aims. Principles of secularism didn't enter into it.
>>
>>66452028
The EN, or Horthy's Hungary had close ties with the church and obviously Saddam's republic wasn't anti-Islam either, they were clearly pro-Sunnis, but there's a great difference between a progressive, socially fascistic society, where religion has a traditional role and the self-destructing out-of-era theocracies (((ISIS))) and similar movements are building.

Salazar and Horthy sought to modernize and develop the countries that were impoverished and falling behind even their neighbors. They didn't want some lunatic anachronistic religious chimpout.
>>
>>66445556
they are white so yes
>>
>>66445556
Yes
>>
>>66451860
Desu
>>66452007
They're alright I guess
>>
Arabs are arabs
>>
>>66448974
A /pol/ fedora autist on the loose insulting and provoking people for no reason. What a rare sight on 4chan nowadays.
>>
>>66452170
But you can say this about any country, every country values their own national interest before others, look at USA, they love Saudi royal family because it's with their interests and hate IS because they're against American interests, even though the only major difference between KSA and IS is militianism (both are wahabis)
In my country there's a peace treaty with Israel. Of course most people despise Israel, they're a criminal nation, but the peace treaty exists to keep Jordan stable.
>>
There is a literal region in the Syrian part of the Lebanon mountains called Ansaria where the Ansari - members of the Caliphs' armies in the Islamic wars of expansion - settled in the 7th century

Syrians are Arabs by any measure. Only the Alawites on the coast are a bit more varied cause of that region's historical affluence.
>>
>>66450688
Don't pay attention to him m8.
Id rather have you in my country than him.
t. purebred Quebecois
>>
>>66445591
>Everything that is brown and doesn't come from europe
If it's brown, it's not from Europe.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.