[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of situation should we pay tips in America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (31KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 400x297px
Aloso how much is it mostly?
>>
If it's a service industry, 10-15% is the usual. So restauruants you tip 15% of the total bill at the end, bartenders usually get $1 or $2 every drink or like $5 at the end of the night whatever. Valet's get a 2 dollar bill. Taxi drivers you don't tip. Waiters are the only like, required tips, everything else is optional .
>>
Never
>>
>>66434946

fat jap
>>
I do not understand tips, they do not exist here. in my opinion you already paid for the food, why would you need to tip ?, why not just add it to the price so the waiter can get properly paid.
>>
File: 1451799205955.jpg (135KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
1451799205955.jpg
135KB, 500x328px
>take plane to america
>forget to tip pilot
>airport security detains me until I tip the pilot
>leave airport
>police detain me for not tipping airport security
>>
>>66437356
They even pay tips to police?
>>
>>66437794
no.
Hes memeing you.
Not even like, clever meming.
>>
>>66434946
You have to add goddamn 25% for any fucking thing. Tipping in US is crazy.
>>
>>66434946
You have to add goddamn 25% for any fucking thing. Tipping in US is crazy.

>>66437297
Moderate tips are a stimulus for waiter to work fine. I'm ready to add 10% for good service. In US they go full retard though.
>>
The only time I tip is delivery or the hair cut girl because she rubs her huge tits on me.

I don't eat out.
>>
Do only North america have tippign culture?
I remember I have tipped for restaurant service in Italy
>>
When you should tip:

1) If you're at a restaurant where an actual waiter comes and takes your order and brings your food. Customary tip is 15-20%.

2) If you're having food delivered. Customary tip is 10-15% but whatever, fuck delivery drivers.

3) Haircuts, salons, etc. Tipping for these is all over the place. If you're unsure, just go with 15-20%.

4) Valets. If you have one of these, you're probably rich, so give them a $5 or even a $20 you stingy bastard.

When you should not tip:

1) Fast food restaurants

2) Coffee shops. (They have tip jars sometimes, but don't bother - this is a ruse. Baristas make more than minimum wage.)
>>
>>66434946
10/10

engrish XP gained

leveled up
>>
>>66441112
In Europe you should tip around 10% in restaurants, but this is about actual restaurants, not fast food joints.
>>
>>66441353
You don't tip in fast food places here. Most of them won't even accept tips if you try to give one.
>>
Here's a fun game. If you ever find yourself at a walmart, try to tip the employees. They can get fired for accepting tips.
>>
Don't feed the animals. It makes them dependent and they will starve without the handouts.
>>
>>66437297
Because in most countries, being a waiter pays shit. So some have to rely on tips to pay rent and such. It sucks, but that's how it is.
>>
>>66441919

It's a scam created by "capitalists" so that the customer pays their wages.

Support true capitalism. Don't eat at resaurants, or at least do not tip. This will force restaurants to compete by paying a living wage.

>muh prices

You are paying it anyway, Sherlock.
>>
>>66435106
what happens if you dont tip?
>>
>>66441227
>3) Haircuts, salons, etc.
I don't get this one. In restaurant you can argue that the price on the menu is for the food, the tip is for the service. When getting your hair cut you don't get/use any tangible thing (maybe some one-time shavette, and cleaning some towel) that costs anywhere close to what you're paying. You're already paying the service.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.