[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Mars/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1476740694621.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476740694621.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
How can we Terraform Mars if we can't even Terraform the Sahara or Arizona or Namib desert?
>>
the only way to terraform mars is to nuke it and create an atmosphere

would you like to nuke africa?
>>
>>66351054
were not really trying to alter the environment though since it could have ramifications across the world.

Plus, the U.S. doesn't have the jurisidction there to do it and not many other countries have the technological power to even try to terraform on that large of scale (unless over decades i guess)
>>
>>66351146

Americans nuked the Nevada desert multiple times in the 40's yet it's still a desert. Atomic bombs have nothing to do with Terraforming.
>>
File: Cu-qNoxW8AQo3FW.jpg (140KB, 957x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cu-qNoxW8AQo3FW.jpg
140KB, 957x1200px
>>
File: 1418577056941.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1418577056941.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>66351054

No black people there to fuck it up.
>>
Some people should have their thread making rights revoked

sage
>>
File: image.jpg (404KB, 1280x1549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404KB, 1280x1549px
bump
>>
terraforming mars has been debated some are for it others say its too hard

if it does happen then

Terrafroming will be very very slow it woun't be noticable in a human life time.
it takes 1000 years.

If you studied how life in theroy came to be here on earth then the same proesses must begin again on a must more hostile world.

this time however it might be all Man-made.

first we need humans there to set up labs on the planet and tell us for a fact what we can do and what cannot be done / yet.

Then we need pressure and a atomosphere then we need liquid water (this will be the hardest of all)
then micro orgasms then plants to add air form all that CO2

then maybe later add GM animals to cope with mars harsh environment
try to use the animals to push the plants around the planet

all of this takes years and years and its not like your'l be alive before its time or for the planet be useful.

I can tell you right now its gonna need alot of money and rocket fuel to do it.
>>
>>66351303
He's a leaf. He has no idea what he is talking about.
>>
Add enough mass to it so it would hold atmosphere
You don't
>>
>>66352495
kys dumb wogposter
>>
It's a good question. It's still worth researching because Mars is an interesting subject. But you're right we should try deserts and ice deserts and the Moon before we go all the way to Mars.
>>
how can we terraform a gf if we cant even terraform friends?
>>
I live in Arizona, it's habitable enough that we don't need to terraform it.
>>
>>66354560
If you're a solar power plant or an illegal immigrant maybe.
>>
>>66352495
Humans will have to be genetically modified to live in a terraformed mars on gravity alone, currently the only way we can have people mid-long term there would be through mechanical carrousels for habitats that can imitate gravity through inertia, fucking rigorous exercise regimes and uncomfortable (no matter how minimalistic or well designed) flight suits down to face masks to minimize fluid re-distribution while working outside living quarters. All these things require something of a minimal industrial base for any viable community which means high upfront investment costs. Other than that habitat construction is pretty straightforward, dome and pressurize small canyons and put thick enough plating you can avoid most long term effects of radiation. It's going to take a fuckton of time to get this setup started and actually provide would be settlers with a life expectancy that can be measured in decades.
>>
>>66352495

It would help if we could send some 3D printers to Mars that could print buildings from the rocks and sand on the surface
>>
>>66354743
We're actually not sure about that. Mars gravity may be good enough. Or it may be so low that babies will spontaneously abort... we'll have to wait and see.
>>
Send all nigger spics there, wait until they developped gills to survive conditions described there >>66354743
Nuke it
Send survivors to other planets since they're more resistant than tardigrades
>>
>terraforming

Saw it in as documentary on Aliens once. Pretty cool stuff, apparently the heart of the Terraforming units are the heat exchangers.
>>
>>66351054

I would terraform her pussy with my dick if you know what I mean
>>
>>66351054

also, we can't terraform Mars, it has not magnetosphere and the atmosphere is leaky in the poles
>>
>>66351054
"We" can, but "we" don't want to.
>>
>>66356104
It would probably take millions of years for a newly formed atmosphere to deplete to current levels; though.
>>
>>66351054
we can but nobody wants to deal with the retarded tribal niggers living there
>>
>>66355505
Nah, someone needs to continue running civilization once Europe becomes a medievaL Islamic outpost
>>
>>66354743
Even if you countered effects of low gravity, the fact that Mars has virtually no defence against high energy particles fucks humans up. Mid-long term exposure causescognitive problems like dementia and anxiety plus cancer.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.