[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classical Middle Eastern Architecture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why doent Middle Easterners look up to their classical civilizations the same way that Europe does to rome?

In the West government buildings and banks are made in Greco-Roman style but I see no Babylonian buildings in Iraq :(
>>
>>66343190
Because Islam?
>>
>>66343190
cant build prety stuff when your country is fucked up by usa cant it?

iran, saudi arabia, turkey and others all have revival buildings
>>
>>66343190
>Why doent Middle Easterners look up to their classical civilizations
The secular ones do. The Ba'athists promoted the shit out of the Babylonians.
>>
File: exterior.jpg (2MB, 2953x3025px) Image search: [Google]
exterior.jpg
2MB, 2953x3025px
>>66343190
>americans
Iraq is destroyed

Sooo
This is a pinnacle of modern ME """""""architecture"""""""""
>>
>>66343708
A kitschy version of Big Ben?
>>
>>66343708
Is there a secular one left?

Lebanon is secular but no Phonecian buildings ;(
>>
>>66343770
You can literally fit Big Ben inside that clock
>>
>>66344908
I think three Big Ben's would fit in.
>>
>>66343708

Those buildings look as if a section of NY was cut and paste, and they stuck a clock on the big building

Some serious sim city shit
>>
>>66343708
why do muslims pray to that thing
isnt a black cube a satanic symbol?
>>
>>66345350
they pray to a silver vagina with a piece of stone on one of the walls
>>
For christians Rome was just a "preparation" for the the Lord's reign and the world of the Classics is intrissically connected with christianity. I can't explain properly in english, if some anglo read Dante he should be able to explain this thing. I don't think sunni/shia feels the same for older civilization but it's just an hypothesis.
>>
>>66345350
Also isn't them praying towards the rock rather disconected from the fact that they were not supposed to be symbol worshippers according to the whole Mohammed raiding Mecca story.
>>
Court of Egypt

Pretty based
>>
>>66345572
isis wants to destroy it, actually
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.