[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever be united?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: korean_peninsula.gif (256KB, 1006x1234px) Image search: [Google]
korean_peninsula.gif
256KB, 1006x1234px
Will they ever be united?
>>
I don't that anyone in the south actually wants that
>>
>>66331344
Both "want" it, but both want to be the government of Korea.
>>
Nobody wants it and nobody would benefit from it:

South Korea: Would have to assimilate millions of starved zombies who have no ability to function in the outside world. Also the South Korean military doesn't really wand reunification as they would have no conceivable enemy on the horizon and no way to justify their annual budget.

North Korea: The leadership, assuming they don't get lynched by the mob, would end up in a Hague war crimes trial.

China: Would be deluged with refugees.
>>
>>66331549
And Japan?
>>
>>66331549
you miss their utopianism. they always idealise it. that ideal still strongly works there as if its a final utopia/sanctuary of koreans as an ethnic group. so that the govt still uses it to gain populism. its pretty much closer to zionism rather than "nationalism" in general.
>>
>>66331549
What about Russia?
>>
>>66331549
>no reason to justify military budget
What is japan
>>
>>66332174
And what it has to do with us?
>>
File: King Väinämöinen.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
King Väinämöinen.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
It will never happend. We won't let it happend. The K*reans will be for all eternity divided into even smaller nations. Either that or they are to be governed by our greatest ally, the Japanese.

The Hwan Empire must be divided and controlled.

>>66331549
They wouldn't have to open the borders at once. I assume North Korea would be flooded with foreign (and S-Korean) capital. A fresh market of 25 million people and low wages would attract investors madly and within a some time the living standards would rise close to the South Korean. That's when the borders could be completely abolished.

Korea would still be bordered by China, Russia and Japan (America). They would still have a reason to keep sizeable forces.

North Korea probably has to collapse from within for a peaceful union to happend, probably a military coup or something. The current leadership would be dead before anyone would think about the Hague.
>>
I hope it doesnt. South Korea is becoming a pretty nice place. Once all of the old people die off it will be even better.

The North on the other hand is worse than ever, the "people" living there barely even qualify as people at this point. The south doesnt need them. It is better this way.
>>
>>66334040
>Korea would still be bordered by China, Russia and Japan (America). They would still have a reason to keep sizeable forces

It's not the 19th century, dude.
>>
>>66335672
It's the 21th century, my friend. I wonder what makes you think a reunified Korea would automatically lead to that.
>>
>>66334040
>A fresh market of 25 million people and low wages would attract investors madly
You underestimate how little education those 25m were given.
>Korea would still be bordered by China, Russia and Japan (America). They would still have a reason to keep sizeable forces.
South Korea has relatively good relations with all of them though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.