[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Costa Rica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1467665726401.jpg (174KB, 1188x974px) Image search: [Google]
1467665726401.jpg
174KB, 1188x974px
Does anyone know why are they so white? All I know is that they used to be a Mexican province, but the Southern Mexican provinces have always been devoid of whites.
>>
╔═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╗
.........................................REMINDER........................................

THIS OP IS A NOTORIOUS AMERICAN SCHIZOPHRENIC TROLL
WHO IS OBSESSED WITH MEXICO/WHITENESS POSTING DOZENS
OF FLAMEBAITS LIKE THIS ON /INT/ EVERY DAY FOR YEARS
HE IS NOT A SANE MAN HE IS POSSESSED WITH PARANOIA
YOU CANNOT EXPECT A COHERENT RESPONSE FROM HIM
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD AND JUST LET HIM ALONE
WHAT HE NEEDS IS NOT A REPLY BUT MEDICAL TREATMENT

╚═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╝
>>
>>66303270
Costa Rican """""""""""""""""""whites"""""""""""""""""""""" are only half white
>>
>>66303852
This desu. This map is not a map of "whiteness", it's a map of European descent. When the Spanish colonized present day Costa Rica there were comparatively very few natives there, so today almost everyone has European heritage, but also native blood. So almost noone is actually white.
>>
.........................................REMINDER........................................

>>
>>66303852
Seems to be the most likely answer desu.
>>
>>66304083
Mexico should be way higher then, natives are 6% of the population and are 28% European in average.
>>
>>66303270
A lot of natives were killed because they didn't convert to christianity. The government confined their blacks to the carribean coast up unitil 1949. Most of their whites are still a little mixed looking.
>>
>>66303270
They were a mexican province for like 2 years it doesnt mean almost anything really. How do they teach that in mexico?
>>
>>66307330
>How do they teach that in mexico?
They were a mexican province for like 2 years it doesnt mean almost anything really.
>>
>>66303270
I always saw Costa Rica very similar to Mexico in terms of etnicity
>>
>>66307374
Ok, nice education system.
>>
>>66307436
Don't get butthurt, the emphaisis is on the Capitanía General de Guatemala having been dependent on the Real Audiencia de México and New Spain. Central America was a part of the first Mexican Empire and while it may not be important to you, it is important in our history to study the disarticulation of our nation and territory. You people do all seem to learn that Chiapas and Soconusco were a part of Guatemala at some point don't you?

And this is all ridiculous as it's just Mexico is white guy baiting us into this, Costa Rica is not a "white" country anymore than Mexico and we all know this full well.
>>
>>66307407
And just to get something useful out of this thread, how do you perceive us in terms of ethnicity?

Other than acknowledging Guatemala does have a large indigenous community, much the same as we do in some of our southern states, we pretty much look at Centyral America (those who are not biggoted idiots anyway) as mestizos just the same as us, even if you've got stronger Mayan roots we are all in the end descended from Mesoamericans and hold in common many cultural traits (eg our cuisines share much the same basics) the only central Americans I've found who seem to hate us to the degree of not wanting to acknowledge anything in common is catrachos, and mostly I assume this is the dumb fuck fútbol fans cashing in on their small Garifuña minority.
>>
>>66307330
You are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>66303270
This shit again. They even by their own interpretation of white are only 65%

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Costa_Rica
>>
latin american """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""whites""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>66307850
Im not butthurt, I unironically said you have a nice education system.
>>66308136
I personally conside mexico to be a mestizo country, with whites and full amerindians to be a minority, (based on my visits there, mainly in Yucatan)
>>
why do I keep seeing this thread everyday?
not even actual whites are this obssessed with being white.
>>
Costa Rica considers mestizos as whites in their census, that's why they appear dark blue in this map. There is no science behind that.

>mfw I wish my country considered mestizos as whites so I could shitpost on /int/ about our whiteness all day

It would have been so glorious...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ews0RiaWDPw
Is agent 47 white
>>
>>66309533
Argentina is white
>>
File: white people in mexico.jpg (38KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
white people in mexico.jpg
38KB, 800x551px
>>66309870
Yucatan is not a good representation of Mexico as a whole.
>>
>>66310942
totally believable map
>>
>>66310942
That map isn't showing percentage of white people, it's percentage of white admixture.
North Mexicans are 60% white 40% Indio admixture
Central Mexicans are 50% white 50% Indio admixture
South Mexicans are 40% white 60% Indio admixture
>>
>>66303270
nice meme
>>
>>66310942
I went to Playa Del Carmen on New year's eve and there were many tourists too. I thought it was i yucatan but its close anyways.
>>
>>66311959
I also have visited cancun but I was young so I dont remember the people.
>>

>>
>>66311582
It's a race map actually.
>>
>>66303270
We intentionally fuck up our statistics for fun and giggles
>>
>>66309417
Tell me how I am wrong then you autist.
>>
>>66313939

>>
>>66310942

And the best food resides in the darker area.

I'm from the north btw.
>>
File: 1411093833559.jpg (31KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1411093833559.jpg
31KB, 230x230px
>Mexicans, Central Americans, and Amerifats thinking they know shit about our country

Gay as fuck, and wrong, let me educate you

>there were no Natives or very few in CR

False. There were plenty, most of them never conquered by the Spaniards, the thing is that the ones under Spanish rules, the Huetars, were their allies and couldnt be discriminated. Because of this the "Caste" system was never imposed in CR during colonial times, in two generations all of Huetars were Catholic and spoke Spanish, and mixing between the Spaniards, Sephards, Blacks and Huetars was so high that no pure or real Black or Native could be found of the country at the end of the 17th century. You also need to understand that they didnt use the White term back then, and Native meant literally an Amerindian who speaks a Native language and wasn't Catholic, so yeah, most people in CR back then was "Spanish". Because of many reasons and not very relevant, we only got a group of Spaniards and Sefards in the 16th century.

From 1840 - to 1969 we got a lot of Europeans. Germans, Catalans, Poles, Italians, and so on. Because of said migration the biggest racial group of CR is Whites, today around 40% of our population. This number is sometimes mixed with the % of the Mixed population (not "Mestizos", all mixes, Black/White, White/Asian, Asian/Arab, and so on), around 20 - 25% of the country's population. We dont do this to inflate the % of "Whites" in the country, we do it because this two groups are considered to be part of the same cultural group. After the 60's we got a lot of French immigrants, increasing the %, and today Amerifats are the second biggest immigrant group, but they are not all Whites nor included in the statistics.
>>
═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╗

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CHECK EM<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>
>>66314771
>Blacks were limited to the Caribbean until 1949

No, Blacks were not allowed to leave a region of the country which includes the Caribbean from 1936 to 1949. Before 1936 they were able to move all over the country and if they were not from the region I mentioned they were able to keep travelling all over the country. There are even more Blacks in San Jose than all over the Caribbean region, there is a lot of Blacks in the SouthWest region and there is a lot of people who descends from Blacks in Nicoya and the Central Pacific.

The "BLACKS COULD LEAVE THE CARIBBEAN!!1!" is a meme racists yell to pretend there are no Blacks or Black influence in the country, similar to the "there are no Amerindians in CR" bullshit (this one promoted back then by the goverment).

>>66314799
WITNESSED!
>>
why are costa ricans so friendly compared to every other country in latin/south america
>>
>>66314771
>>66314816
>Why is CR so different than Mexico and Central America?

Costa Rica was the poorest and most isolated Spanish territory in America, there was literally no reason for anybody from the Vice royalty of New Spain or the Kingdom of Guatemala to come to Costa Rica. Most people from CR during Colonial times came from what is today Venezuela.

>CR was a Mexican province for 2 years

Not really, no.

>Why are Costa Ricans so different from Central Americans?

1 - The economic reasons I previously stated that were also true for most of the 19th cenutry.

2 - From 1848 to 1949 it was impossible for Central Americans to become Costa Ricans and to stay permanently in the country; this was made to avoid the influence from their countries. The law I mentioned previously that banned Blacks from travelling around the country also included Chinese, Central Americans, Italians, Poles, Jews, Drunks, Gamblers and others. Even today Central Americans are not allowed to be hired for positions on State/Public companies or organizations (you can thank the subhuman Morazan for that btw :)), elected or not.

3 - The first land route between CR and Central America was built until 1955, until then the only way for a Central Americans to come to CR was by boat or by weeks of walking trough jungle or a fucking desert.

4 - Migration to CR from Central America didnt begin until the 80's, mostly refugees and illegals. Until then there was basically no contact between CR and Central America.
>>
>>66314799
c h e c k e d
>>
>>66314924
Being serious here, we are a small country and a very heterogeneous one in terms of cultures and race, because of this Costa Ricans are used to treat with people of different cultures, language, etc. We also have 500 000 legal immigrants, ~800 000 illegal immigrants and around 2 000 000 tourists at any given moment, this kind of shit makes us """""""""tolerant"""""""" to people who is different from us.

Also, a culture based on "dont fuck with me and I wont fuck with you" and the right of doing whatever the fuck you want.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.