[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portuguese-Brazil friendship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

In our constitution, portuguese citizens are considered as Brazilian citizens by definition and vice-versa by Portuguese constitution. Therefore any Brazilian with residence in portugal is entitled the same rights as portuguese citizens and vice-versa.
Has your country got anything similar towards another country?
>>
That's not true at all, you can only get portuguese citizenship if you have portuguese ancestry or so I've heard.
>>
>>66302725
Not quite. We both have in our constitution that if both countries agree, people from each other's countries can fast-track the citizenship program from 5 to 1 year. You have activated this clause on your end, but we haven't (mostly because if every Brazilian was entitled to Portuguese citizenship we couldn't handle you all, and you would, because of the EU perks).

To mitigate this, we put forth a couple of laws that make it easier for 2nd degree descendants of Portuguese can automatically apply for visa, so if you have a Portuguese grandfather you are elligible (which includes everyone from colonial Portugal pre-1974, and most of our 20th century diaspora).
>>
>>66303679
>>66303754
yes it is m8, the difference between having the actual portuguese citizenship and not having it is that even when you don't have residence in Portugal you are still considered a citizen of Portugal
>You have activated this clause on your end, but we haven't (mostly because if every Brazilian was entitled to Portuguese citizenship we couldn't handle you all, and you would, because of the EU perks).
It's the same right m8, just like I said before, you guys are only considered Brazilian citizens if you apply to residence here, which is easy as fuck
>>
>>66303839
But we'd have to work there for 4 years for the access to the application.

There IS a clause that shortens it to 1 year for us, but we'd have to employ it too for it to be valid, but it's not logistically viable.

I think there were proposals to employ a language test to non CPLP members, and allow CPLP members to not take it, but I don't think it went anywhere.
>>
>>66302725
>we send you bakers
>you send us the most violent and degenerate creatures on earth
t-thanks
>>
>>66303982
>But we'd have to work there for 4 years for the access to the application.
for permanent residency yes, but this residency I said it's actually implied the temporary residence too
>>
>>66302725
Not really, they do possess most rights that brazilian citizens possess, including the free right to live here, but not necessarily all rights brazilian citizens possess (they can't vote or get elected for public office for example), but their path to citizenship is shortened from 15 years (for all other nationalities) of residence to just 1 year. It's the same thing brazilians (actually all portuguese speaking nations) have in Portugal.

I believe the people from the Commonwealth Realm have the same for Britain.
>>
>>66302725
Shit-holes unite!!!!!!

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
>>
>>66304376
Isn't it 4 years? I could swear it was.
>>
>>66304440
Sure! Glad to have you on board
>>
>>66304530
br?br?br?br?BR?br?br?brBr?br?

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>66303997
really makes you think...
we sent bakers to brazil, entrepreneurs to venezuela (not anymore) and angola, construction workes and house servants to france and switzerland, port workers and jack of all trades to italy (not anymore), doctors and nurses to the uk, IT personel to ireland and netherlands, engineers to germany.
>>
>>66304630
We sent bankers to Brazil and construction workers to France because they went in a time where we only spoke Portuguese and French, and most of the population was uneducated (60's-80's).

The trend changed in the late 90's/early 00's to more skilled jobs because of obvious reasons.
>>
File: 4352352662.png (32KB, 1343x336px) Image search: [Google]
4352352662.png
32KB, 1343x336px
>>66304500
According to article 12 of our constitution, portuguese citizens just need one year of residence in Brazil to acquire brazilian nationality. But they don't need it if they don't want to since most rights brazilians have are already granted to portuguese citizens just because they're portuguese.

>>66304630
My grandfather was portuguese, he was drunk bum who did absolutely nothing of his life and lived most of his life lied in the floor with several bottles of cachaça and wine around his side, his pastime was beating my german grandmother. The only reason he didn't die as a homeless person was because my father bought him a small flat and paid for his bills, even though he hated him.
>>
>>66304893
Huh, you're right. I was talking about that §1, which we do not reciprocate.

Yeah, our older generations were very very conservative towards women. A bunch of them are still alive and pulling that shit, still. It's pretty fucking sad.
>>
File: British_Empire_Anachronous.png (372KB, 1280x651px) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_Anachronous.png
372KB, 1280x651px
>>66302725
American Featherheads are allowed to enter Canada and vice-versa.

British subjects from before 1947 living in Canada could get citizenship but that's over now.
>>
>>66304867
We did send a lot of dentists to your country in the 1990s if I'm not wrong, and our dentists were far better than your dentists, at least back then, I don't know if this changed in Portugal now but the reason for this was mostly because you can study dentistry in Brazil as a sole university major while in Portugal, dentistry was a specialization of medicine, which in turn made your dentists complete butchers compared to ours.

I know that this still happens in Luxembourg though, because I have an uncle living there as a dentist.
>>
>>66305187
No, Dentist Medicine has been separated for a while now.

I do recall a few Brazilian teachers, though. Probably what triggered the change.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.