[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miss America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

File: 1331093-new-usa-wallpapers.gif (36KB, 1181x788px) Image search: [Google]
1331093-new-usa-wallpapers.gif
36KB, 1181x788px
Alright /int/

I need a real piece of advise here.
I'm gonna graduate this year and therefore starting my adult life.
I'm actually living in France, and can't stand this country anymore.
I love America and it's freedom, I really want to move there.
I know there is a lottery for the green card, but I don't think I stand a chance regarding diversity.

What are my options to move there legally ? I have money, should I get a useful degree in France before or should I move here asap ?
>>
>>66300081
You can marry some bint, have $500k to invest in a business or have a skill or qualification they really need. If going for the latter option be warned they can kick you out of the country in 2 weeks if your employer changes his mind and hires someone else.
>>
>>66300081
Visit on a travelers visa, called up an immigration lawyer, meet them in person and tell them what you want to do.

They will know how to help you best and can talk freely if it is face to fact.
>>
>>66300290
>and can talk freely
Words are really expensive with those fuckers though.
>>
>>66300290
Face to face*

>fuck
>>
>>66300290

That could be an interesting option. Do you think I need some degree first ?
>>
France qualifies for the diversity visa program.

You're listed as an eligible country on page 17: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2018-Instructions-Translations/DV-2018%20Instructions%20English.pdf
>>
File: 416755424_640.jpg (27KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
416755424_640.jpg
27KB, 640x400px
Go to school here, hook up with some gringo chick who digs france, maintain two residences.
>>
>>66300338
consultations are usually not too expensive, and they usually only charge people to make sure they are only dealing with someone who is serious about hiring them
>>
>>66300421

Yeah, officially, but I don't think I stand a chance since they seem to prioritize ethnic diversities.
I can be wrong though
>>
>>66300482
That's not taken into account. Your nationality is the only thing that matters with the DV program. Also, they allocate a certain number for Europe anyway, so you might as well try.
>>
>>66300541

Well, that's good to know.

Also, do you think I'm allowed to attend each year ? Since you have an answer 2 years later
>>
>>66300638
Yes
>>
>>66300359
A degree would be helpful if you are looking at a work visa, but there could be other options for you. I think you biggest issue with your degree is you should look at the cost, college degrees in American are very expensive.

I married a Brit so my experience with immigration is on the marriage visa, so its pretty limited on what else you could use. But I do know our lawyer was very careful about what he advised and suggested via email as opposed to when we were talking in his office.
>>
>>66300720

Hmmm I see, I guess I will try the DV program first. If I can't manage to get a green card, I'll try that.
>>
>>66300482
it only seems like they prioritize diversity because they advertise it, plenty of white euros migrate all the time.
>>
>>66300779
The requirements for DV are way easier too. Pretty much the only thing you have to prove is good standing (no serious criminal record) and the equivalent of a high-school diploma.
>>
>>66300081
marry me and we'll and you'll be citizen and if you are a guy then we are a gay couple then our country makes its diversity quota
>>
>>66301249

Sure thing anon.
Whenever you're ready !
>>
>>66300081
Are you a sand nigger?
>>
>>66301633

Of course not.

They're partly the reason why I want to leave France
>>
File: 1466362575293.gif (2MB, 189x185px) Image search: [Google]
1466362575293.gif
2MB, 189x185px
>>66300081
>I love America and it's freedom
>>
>>66301661
Just go to Canada. Since you're French/a French speaker, you'll get a much easier chance of obtaining permanent residency and later on citizenship.
>>
>>66301822

Meh.
Canada sucks.
>>
OP, one of my friends roommate is french. From what i know, he got his batchelors in france and moved to some university here in california to do his masters. He finished it and got a job.

Hes an engineer though, so finding a job was easy for him. Do you have a bachelors in engineering or another STEM related degree?
>>
>>66301661
Then welcome aboard.

What's your degree in? Let's see if we can't think of a way to get you a visa.
>>
>>66301863
>>66301865

This year, I will have my bachelor basically.
I kinda thought about studying law in the USA.
>>
>>66301852
It's essentially 'Murica. Plus, you'll get visa-free access to the country as a Canadian resident.
>>
Do we still have programs where foreigns can join our military and be fast-tracked to citizenship?
>>
>>66302001
Yep, if you want to get deployed to the Middle East for years at a time.
>>
>>66301973

Anon, I won't leave France to live in France 2.0
>>
>>66302001
Yes. There's MAVNI for foreigners with specific skillsets.
>>
>>66301942
Bachelor in what?

I work for the international department for a billion dollar revenue company. I might be able to give you some tips on a job somewhere.
>>
>>66302064

I think the system is quite different here in France, but I will get a bachelor in foreign languages / literature which basically leads to journalism / law / politics here.
>>
>>66300081
Get a """free""" degree there first unless you can get a scholarship here

Try to work for an American corporation or get married to an American. Those are pretty much your only options

Alternatively, try Canada. I hear that they like Frogs
>>
>>66302101
Oh, bummer. That's pretty much useless.

Do you have any working experience? Sales, or operations?
>>
>>66302101

So, basically pre-law. How familiar are you with the differences between common law and civil law systems? Perhaps you could be international law or patent law in US?

t. chemist, not a lawyer
>>
>>66301942
I cant speak for law, but STEM graduates are highly sought after, specially here in california.

You could probably find a sponsor if you can get a job at some firm or something.

>>66302101
damn, can you get a job with such a degree in the US? why didnt you do stem?
>>
>>66302236
>patent law
Literally would make me kill myself.

Though the pay is excellent, I will say.
>>
>>66302246
>stem is the only thing that hires people
This meme is retarded.

Though his degree is undoubtedly useless regardless.
>>
>>66302282

Huge demand, too. A friend of mine was a chemist at a Big Pharma. They paid for her to get her JD, and now she's a patent lawyer for them. She more than doubled her salary.
>>
>>66302343
its not retarded as having a STEM degree can get you sponsored quick.
>>
>>66302343

I think I said something stupid, let me rectify

It's not a bachelor, I meant high school diploma.

So, after I finish High School, can I study law in the USA and have a chance to earn citizenship ?
>>
>>66302359
We employ them at my company too. They all look like they want to die but they're well taken care of.

I'm glad my parents are rich as fuck because it allows me to do a job (still quite well paying) that I actually enjoy.
>>
>>66300081
>I love America and it's freedom
It's no different from Canada except that you can't own an AR-15 there
>>
>>66302459
Oh fuck no, you need to go to university and get a bachelor's degree. Here bachelor's are univeristy degrees, not high school degrees.

You would have to get your bachelor's which takes 4-5 years in uni, and then you would have to get accepted to a graduate program for law to earn you JD. The JD will take another 3 years or so. Then you have to pass the bar exam.

Once you've done all that you can practice law.
>>
>>66302459
get a degree in something that is hireable then see if you can get sponsor and live here for a while and apply for a green card. After, you must live here some more and apply for citizenship. Done.

alternatively, you can marry a US citizen and gain citizenship through them.
>>
>>66302459
Get your pre-law shit out of the way in Yurope and come here to study American law.
>>
Guys, he only has a high school diploma equivalent right now.

>>66302459
You can apply to American Universities for your secondary education, might be worth a shot to see if you get accepted.
>>
>>66302480
I moved here from Canada and I can tell you first hand that it is not nearly the same.

Canada does not have real freedom.
>>
>>66302648
dont forget to tell him to make sure his parents better be loaded ;)
>>
>>66302645
I wouldn't recomment that.

Most foreign pre laws degrees will not be acceptable to any decent grad school here. It's not like math or finance where the numbers are the same wherever on earth you are.
>>
>>66302754

Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
File: 1473904398252.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1473904398252.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>>66302754
Fuck you man, I'm not a lawyer
Don't be such a bully
>>
>>66302459

So you have a Lycee General L degree and you are 18 ? That would qualify to enter university as an undergraduate in the US, though it sounds like you would "test out" of some classes. After graduation you would apply to law school.

As anon said, JD is a graduate degree to prepare you for practice and the bar exam.
>>
>>66302775
Try to go to a Fench uni that has a partnership with an American uni, there's got to be a few. Take advantage of any exchange programs and see if you can get a full transfer over to the American school in your second year or so.
>>
>>66302822
Yeah. that's right.

How expensive is it though ?
>>
>>66302815
Easy bro. I wasn't picking on you.

I just want to make sure we're giving a nice white young man who yearns for a life of freedom and a life without sand people proper advice so he can fulfill the destiny that God has for him and all free people, to become American.
>>
>>66302883

I haven't been in school for a few years, and my employer paid for my MS degree. I later picked up an MIS, but I was on a fellowship.

Someone else should be better able to give you accurate figures on undergrad tuition. You really should aim for a scholarship of some sort. My cousin got a full ride scholarship to Franklin U in Switzerland, but she walked after 2 years because she wasn't being challenged. (!)
>>
>>66303027
>a nice white young man who yearns for a life of freedom and a life without sand people
God Bless
>>
>>66303027

That was beautiful anon.
>>
>>66302883
Grad school? Quite a bit but you'll be elligible for low interest loans and a lot of financial aid if you keep your grades where they should be anyway if you care about your future. Undergrad also costs a bit but not nearly as much and again you'll get financial aid. Plus as an attorney you'll make a shitload when you get a job so paying off those loans isn't too hard.

I'm an immigrant to the US too and I got far more financial aid than a resident would have due to muh diversity.

Thing is though that I was a citizen even before I came here (my dad's penis was American) so I bet you'd get even more financial aid than I did.
>>
>>66303191
>I got far more financial aid than a resident would have due to muh diversity.
You also have to pay a lot more because you're from out of state, don't you?

Also, where did you emigrate from
>>
>>66303181
Everything is beautiful in America frogbro.
>>
>>66303191

When you say " keep your grades where they should be " you mean during a scholarship in a US' uni ?

I have a bit of money saved (pretty much about 100k euros)
>>
>>66303295

That's why I want to join you on this beautiful ride.
>>
>>66303331
How old are you?
>>
>>66303255
Canada.

And yes and no. Without aid I would have paid more than an in state student would and less than an out of state student would. After aid I paid less than an in state kid. Not way less but it was significant.

This was at Michigan though which you may know as having a famously raging boner for muh diversity. I can't speak for everywhere.
>>
>>66303423
>>
>>66303331

In a lot of grad schools, even the professional program ones, there is a lot of aid / fellowships / scholarships available. A buddy of mine just finished his PhD in linguistics. He taught a course every semester and did some research with faculty so he paid very little. He's now asst faculty at some college in the midwest.

Undergrad has gotten expensive, but you should be able to pay for 4 years of a state university in the US for $110K, and maybe have to borrow very little. A scholarship would give you party money.
>>
>>66303331
Yea. Most scholarships that are worth having are based on academic performace. Even the ones that are not, diversity ones etc, they can and will strip away from you if you fuck around and let your grades go to shit.

You want to stay in this country though, so I would hope you'd be more diligent than most in keeping your GPA up.
>>
>>66303544

I just wanted to know if they would look into my current high school's performances when I submit.
>>
>>66303496
>but you should be able to pay for 4 years of a state university in the US for $110K,
Jesus, this is getting out of hand. It was bad when I went but not that bad.

Still worth it if you get a real degree, which it sounds like he intends on doing. 110k is nothing compared to the lifetime earning potential of most attorney's.
>>
>>66303605
I dont' know if they'll look at your high school GPA since you're in France, but you'll probably have to take one of the standardized exams like the SAT or ACT for placement

>>66303433
That's good, I was lucky enough to get all my shit paid for by the college itself because I'm in an honor's college
>>
>>66303605
Yes. But if your grades weren't high enough to get academic scholarships you still can apply for the, afterward. Like if you got really good grades freshman year you could apply for academic scholarships for the next year.

This only applies to academics. You'll still be elligible for muh diversity scholarships freshman year but you need to make sure your future uni grades don't go to shit. You have to fuck up pretty bad to have that kind of aid taken away but they will do it.

Were your high school grades bad?
>>
>>66303714
>by the university* itself
>>
By the way, it will maybe sound pretentious but I have a very good brain. Decent memorization and comprehension skills.
I'm ready to invest my life to work in the USA which is, to me, the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>66303799

Not really actually, lets say I have some excellent grades in most disciplines, but bad ones in others
>>
>>66303714
My dad paid for the rest anyway. My grades in hs weren't really in order to get scholarship money, they were good because I knew where I wanted to go and I knew they didn't let in (white) dummies.

The scholarships were more of a welcome, if not necessarily needed, side effect.
>>
don't fall for the freedom meme
>>
>>66303890
Bad in which ones, and how bad?
>>66303821
Good, I'm pulling for you. Come home white man.
>>
>>66304007
We should all fall for the freedom meme
>>
>>66304025

Well, something like

English 18/20
French 16.50/20
Science 12/20
Literature 15/20
Spanish 3.5/20 (I really hate this language)

I worked for none of those really.
>>
>>66304140
Eh that doesn't look too hot, but undergad doesn't really matter anyway as long as you keep your grades up while you're there.

You don't have to go to graduate school at the same school you got to undergrad anyway so a lot of people go to cheaper, smaller schools, keep their grades up, and rack up as many accomplishments and honors as they can before going to a more prestigious graduate school they were accepted to based off of those accomplishments.
>>
>>66304140
Oh, forgot
History 15/20
>>
>>66304316
add: in fact, you are encouraged to attend a different graduate school than your university to make you 'less parochial". I did all mine at the same place because it was convenient, a good school, and close to work. They were semi-professional programs anyway.
>>
>>66304408

Alright, I'll dig that up.

Thanks for the info anon, I may go to sleep unfortunately. It's getting pretty late here.
>>
>>66304489
Night anon. Remember anon: don't give up, Americans never give up.

Good luck.
>>
>>66303453
How did you earn 100k euros at that age?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.