[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 147620.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
147620.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
Are you religious?

How do you feel about religion/religions in general?

Also, since this is on /int/, post something from you (former) religion, like music, rites, pictures, whatever.

>Me:
>Not religious
>But I can strongly empathize with many points of Orthodox Christianity, like Theosis, and the tradition, rites, etc.
>I can't understand Catholicism (pope = vicar of Christ, wtf???), or Protestantism (one guy defining religion as he pleases).
>I think Islam is sensible, but only for Arabs, and it's not an universal religion.
>I think Buddhism is pretty cool
>>
File: 159336.p.jpg (60KB, 344x512px) Image search: [Google]
159336.p.jpg
60KB, 344x512px
Pic related is an Orthodox Church. And this is a (russian) Orthodox choir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7vvPXz-Qes
>>
I'm not religious.

For most religious people I know, it's more about a social or local identity than any metaphysical aspect. A sadder case is with a friend of mine who's from a really old-school religious family where he has to keep pretending to be religious or they'd cut him out.
>>
>>66275363
I thought Finns would bin religion on the basis of it being a social activity.
>>
>>66275266
>Are you religious?
yes
>How do you feel about religion/religions in general?
1. organized/common religion is retarded concept
2. nobody should hold the same belief.
3. nobody should listen to anyone trying to shove their belief.
4. the concept of hell/paradise is retarded, nobody should expect to be treated special just because they're virtuous, even if god talk to me and i did all the bullshit he told me, i'll be content even if he throw me into the deepest of hell
5. God didn't care about what we do in life, its all part of his plan, i don't believe in freedom of choice
>>
>>66275460
>>Are you religious?
>yes

Tell me more about it. Do you go to the mosque, do you pray regularly, how do you live your religion? How does your mosque look like? etc.
>>
>Are you religious?
nope
I've never met religious people actually, it's hard for me to imagine how the head of a religious person works.
But in general, religiona are okay, everyone solves the problems of his mortality in his own way.

>>66275337
>a (russian) Orthodox choir:
they are so cool
>>
>>66275521
>mosque
never been a muslim, did not born in muslim family.
>do you pray regularly, how do you live your religion?
i never pray, i go to church just for the sake of socializing.
by religious, i mean i'm living my own belief
>>
I was raised in a lutheran household, I believe in God, but I don't care for organized religion anymore.
>>
>Are you religious?
I am an atheist.

Tool of rulling classes to rule people, to make them obey. Another one tool of oppression. Backwarded shit, ineffective in modern world, holding back the development of planet, promoting conservative agenda. Should be destroyed worldwide.

>post something from you (former) religion
Pic
>>
>>66275266
I'm against organized religion. I think people should just keep their beliefs to themselves and perhaps share their thoughts only with loved ones.
>>
>>66275617
>lutheran household
Why are south american proddies so fucking weird m8? Genuinely curious.
>>
Brought up as a liberal anglocatholic. It's a real pity I don't believe in God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rib95MMfwY
>>
>>66275337
Yeah, now check out orthodox activists attacking art exhibitions, concerts, gays, putting people to prison for """blasphemy""". We should be okay with cultural aspects, architecture, art - but religion should have no social life at all, it should be excluded from society. Crosses, headscarves, prayers should be banned in public. Moreover, we should make hardcore propaganda of science.
>>
>>66275625
Unfortunately I think the Orthodox Church (and the Catholic one even more so) has involved itself in political matters more than it should have. Like in the independence referendum in Montenegro, the Serbian Orthodox church campaigned heavily against it and refused to accept the Montenegrin state, which led to a split up in church. I think it's very tragic for the truly faithful.

In essence, you can't really hold a (political) grudge against any faith itself, but the organs of the church.
>>
>>66275266
>Are you religious?
No
Secularism is the only way. Organized religion should be under government control, with proven content of sermons so religion would have no political and social influence. Actually one of my favorite politicians is Ataturk. Religion is a method of rich people to rule poor conservative people. It's dangerous.
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (205KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
205KB, 500x333px
>Are you religious
No and I'd probably consider myself an atheist

>How do you feel about religions
I don't care if people have a religion. I do appreciate some of the beautiful things inspired by religion like art or very beautiful places of worship (be it church, temple or mosque).
>>
>>66275766
The whole nature of religion is political. First of all, it's a political institution. Look at Syria, Uganda, etc - the more poor and uneducated country becomes, the more influential it is. It's a tool to rule stupid people. In Russia religion was mostly a meme in 90s. Now people go to prison for playing Pokemon go in the church or Tatar pop singer had a fin for dancing belly dance with a mosque as a back frame. It's like a cancer.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>66275706
I absolutely agree with you, it's tragic that people involve themselves in socio-political matters in the name of some faith.

It doesn't make any sense to me how someone could get closer to god by making life worse for others.

>>66275803
>>66275905
>Religion is a method of rich people to rule poor conservative people

It is, and I saw it the same way when I was a teenager still, but there is also a spiritual aspect to it, which can be very beautiful. And I'm not only talking about meditation/singing/art, but our interpersonal relations too. What I mean is, there are many good things in religious doctrine, which coincide with a rational morality (like Stoicism), but give it a "magic" touch - which is very pretty.
>>
File: The idle.jpg (71KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
The idle.jpg
71KB, 379x500px
Buddhism images maybe come to mind when I think the universe and my life, and also maybe Shinto-like images do when I see tempest or deep forests, mountains
but maybe I will feel alah akbal if I go to middle east's desert at night under beautiful stars
>>
File: mpv-shot0155.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0155.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>Are you religious?
Yes. I'm Christian.
Good.
>>
>>66276022
Islam makes the claim of being the universal religion. You're applying a Japanese standard to what's not Japanese.
>>
>>66275266
>Are you religious?
nope
Religion certainly has its benefits,but through time it has proven to be a mere tool for cohesion in society or just straight up demagoguey
other than that,i dont think its that harmful on a personal level,unless the individual ingests the experience like a drug.as a crutch it's fine
>Also, since this is on /int/, post something from you (former) religion, like music, rites, pictures, whatever.
don't have any pictures but the churches look nice and the orthodox priests have big metal beards
>>
>>66275266

Religion is the opium of the people
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.