[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do russians put persian carpets on the wall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

this is not a bait thread, i just want to know why everytime i see a russian bedroom in movies and tv they always have a persian carpet on the wall right next to the bed

can some slav explain this to me?
>>
>>66231785
They're afghans you fucking pleb.
>>
That's a normal carpet? In my house we had one of those too, they're pretty
>>
>>66231785
Becouse it was fancy back in USSR.
>>
>>66231785
It helps maintaining thermal and sound insulation.
>>
File: 1472332301224.jpg (233KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472332301224.jpg
233KB, 960x640px
>>66231785
It comes from commie times for two reasons, both may be true in some cases

1. Having it meant you're prestigious. Because during commie times many things were rare and uncommon for the normal people.

2. To seal off shitty walls. You know cold n shit.
>>
File: Afghan_blanket.jpg (306KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Afghan_blanket.jpg
306KB, 1024x768px
>>66231828
pic related is an afghan, retarded leaf. it's not even similar to a persian carpet

>>66231964
>>66231990
>>66231997
makes sense. i think i'll put one next to my own bed
>>
>>66231997
Pretty much this. But is all gone. If you see a carpet on someone's wall nowadays it means this dude didn't renovate his interior for more than 20 years.
>>
>>66231785
First commieblocks were cold barracks, after it becomes fancy, now no one do it.
>>
>>66231785
Back in the 19 century it was the thing only wealthy nobles and capitalists could afford. And the Caucasian War veterans.
In the soviet era a carpet on the wall was helping to keep the apartment warm and to prevent noises from the other side of the wall from disturbing the life of inhabitants
>>
To hide the coakroaches running up and down the wall.
>>
>>66232505
Shit was scared.
>>
>>66232199
Quite sad desu. They look pretty comfy
>>
Why put carpets on the wall in the first place?
What's the deal with carpets anyway? They're not pets in a car! Haha ridiculous!
>>
Ottoman rugs were always a status thing in the rest of Europe too
>>
>>66232559
this 2bh famalamadingdongs. i hate to see traditions getting lost. it's happening all over the world and everything is becoming so boring
>>
Persian carpets are beautiful

too beautiful to walk all over

they're like piece of art.
>>
>>66231785
Look comfy man.
100% would kick him out and stole his sleeping place.
>>
>>66231785
heard it was to keep the cold out a bit
>>
mongol tradition
it's prestgious moreover
>>
>>66231785
1. prestige
2. sound isolation meme (walls in commieblocks can't isolate sound)
3. wallpapers came off quickly, so carpets could hide this fact oo
>>
When they invaded Afghanistan they saw lots of carpets in people's houses that they killed so they looted them.

When they brought it back to Russia they forgot where they were supposed to put it and one of the drunk soldiers thought they're supposed to be hanged on the walls
>>
You can really tell how sophisticated an individual is by what they decorate the walls of their home with.

t. have a large tapestry on my wall
>>
>>66233146
My grandfather hung carpet on the wall in 1954
>>
Dunno man but they look comfy af.
I read in the book "a day in the life of ivan denisovich" that they were highly popular in the soviet era. That a carpet dealer could make more money than a blue collar worker, and that people that were put on concentration camps learnt how to make them in their spare time.
>>
>>66231785
no one do this since 90s, john
>>
>>66232669
You know we put carpets on the wall too Pekka.
>>
>>66236307
thanks for correcting the record, yevgenny

anytime i have a question about russian culture i know the last person to ask is a russian. that's why my OP says "can some slav explain" (pole, hohol, etc)

anytime somebody asks you fags about something you get defensive like you're ashamed of your own culture. "we don't drink vodka! what you are talking about pindosi durak? that is stereotype!" blah blah fuck you
>>
File: 1458903548607.jpg (34KB, 492x385px) Image search: [Google]
1458903548607.jpg
34KB, 492x385px
>>66236678
>unironically being that autistic
>>
File: russian apts.jpg (705KB, 700x2856px) Image search: [Google]
russian apts.jpg
705KB, 700x2856px
>>66232559
>>66232715
the worst part is that is being replaced with pic related type of interior design.
>>
>>66231785
>ПMP
that's not russia
>>
>>66231785
The commieblocks had shit insulation, they were basically concrete boxes, so to conserve warmth carpets would be hung as a cheap and fast solution. Althoigh this was also used often in wooden homes.
>>
>>66239135
Kek, looks a bit Gypsy style.
Was a thing during 90's and 00's and called "evroremont", now it looks more like this. http://design-kazan.com/portfolio
>>
>>66239135
>>66240760
those just look like american design styles. i wish the whole world would stop trying to live their lives exactly like us. it's boring as shit. "cherish diversity" or whatever

>>66239970
i was waiting for somebody to notice. transnistrians are just as "russian" as you are though (if not more)
>>
>>66241749
>transnistrians are just as "russian" as you are though (if not more)
with the exception they're still stuck in 90s or even in 80s
>>
>>66236678
>i was waiting for somebody to notice. transnistrians are just as "russian" as you are though (if not more)
>american "banter"
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.