[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/anti/-smoking: tobacco should be phased out of society.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: smoking-warning-labels-fda.jpg (151KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
smoking-warning-labels-fda.jpg
151KB, 600x450px
1. Country
2. What should be done about smokers mutilating their bodies?

I think the Phillipines and Bhutan are on the right track. Also, in the UK no one born after 2000 can buy cigarettes.

The end goal should be to transform tobacco growing land into more useful land. Disallow the substance's mass-production, and transfer the few remaining nicotine addicts to smokeless tobacco (patches, gum, maybe vapourisers).

I dream of a smokeless tobacco-less world by 2100.
>>
smoke addictive-free, addictions werent
>>
File: li-smoking-warning-tarbox-6.jpg (95KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
li-smoking-warning-tarbox-6.jpg
95KB, 620x349px
>>
File: Marlboro_warning_younger.jpg (633KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Marlboro_warning_younger.jpg
633KB, 2048x1536px
>>66225235
> smoke addictive-free
No such thing.

Smokers are normal people, like you and me, only gripped by the monster that is addiction. It forces them to pollute their lungs with noxious smoke daily.

The lungs were never meant to regularly fill with carcinogenic smoke.
>>
There are many terrible things in this world: poverty, crime, famine, natural disaster; but smoking is just about the worst preventable tragedy there is.
>>
>>66225191
Retarded. Smoking is a human habit as old as drinking distilled and fermented beverages. It has existed in different cultures over different ages and will continue to exist. Your obsession with health is a bit hypocritical. Don't you have any habit that's somehow unhealthy but you do it anyway? Junk food? Sloth? Internet addiction?
Don't brme silly. Restraining freedom is never the best way to deal with a social issue like that. It will only create a new underground drug dealing market, which will lead to more violence. The demand will always exist.
Besides, i smoke homemade tobacco. I buy the wild leafs from a friend who has a small plantation at his backyard. He bakes them at home, i myself grind them and apply resin and roll the cigs. It can't get any more natural than that.
>>
File: timthumb.png (309KB, 645x485px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.png
309KB, 645x485px
Tobacco mutilates the body, numbs the mind, and degrades the human spirit.
>>
>>66225191
>in the UK no one born after 2000 can buy cigarettes.

What? True, but only because they're not 18 yet...
>>
body still suffers from past smoking if stopping it
>>
>>66225478
my dads been smoking for 53 years and he's fine
>>
>>66225546
Doesn't matter how you try to justify your disgusting self-destructing habit. Its not even a discussion anymore. Smoke anything you want, as long as you dont try to create excuses and apologies wich could eventually attract other people to the endless hole that is addiction. You are damaging society by spreading lies, please kill yourself in silence.
>>
>>66225191
I agree that smoking terrible for you and only idiots would pick it up today, but making it illegal goes against personal freedom and it would just lead to criminal organizations supplying it.
>>
>>66225546
> Retarded. Smoking is a human habit as old as drinking distilled and fermented beverages. It has existed in different cultures over different ages and will continue to exist.
Untrue. The tobacco plant is native to the Andes of Southern America, and it existed only in the Americas pre-Columbus' voyage in 1492. Most Native American tribes tobacco use wasn't part of their culture, and rarely did they smoke it. Even the cultures that did (Meso-Americans, Mississippi cultures and Antilleans) it was a ritualistic substance smoked only on ocassion (and to induce hallucination). It wasn't a daily drug.

The cigarette was invented by French peasants who rolled cured tobacco in paper and smoked several a day. In Spain it was smoked as cigars, in England and Holland in Pipes, and those forms of delivery were far less addicting and damaging than the French form.
> Your obsession with health is a bit hypocritical. Don't you have any habit that's somehow unhealthy but you do it anyway? Junk food? Sloth? Internet addiction?
I'm not all that health obsessed. Smoking is just the absolute worst thing that's accepted in everyday society.
>>
>>66225724
>i know this one case where smoking didnt kill so smoking doesnt kill anyone ever
>>
>>66225724
>mfw he's 58
>>
File: french-farmer1.jpg (847KB, 1122x1600px) Image search: [Google]
french-farmer1.jpg
847KB, 1122x1600px
>>66225992
Like all pure evil, it is a French invention.
>>
>>66225191
Dude just vape instead
>>
>live in Poland
>few years ago
>be 13
>have 13 złoty
>go with friend to little kiosk in your city
>buy cigarettes
>smoke half pack and give to other older friend because they taste like shit
>be now
>buy pack every ~2 day
I fucked up
>>
>>66225191
Is life a contest to see who doesn't multilate their body?
>>
My grandpa had three brothers who smoked since kids.

All of them died by lung diseases, such as cancer and others.

All of them died age 85+.
>>
>>66225191
Thanks for dropping in and sharing your opinion on how to restrict freedom on our anonymous image sharing forum , we will take it into account.
>>
>>66226492
In an evolutionist point of view, yes.
>>
I don't understand where addiction takes place. I've smoked cigarettes and they're enjoyable but without even making a conscious decision I've just sort of not smoked. Like months go by between stints of smoking on and off. I used to do it a lot when I was a teenager. Now not so much. But still, I smoke when I drink sometimes.
>>
I think it has definitely decreased in recent years

I hate smokers
>>
I don't smoke but I don't feel like I'm entitled to an opinion that other people should not do something
>>
>>66226554
My grand grandpa smoked since he was 26 and died with 93 by a heartattack.

My grandpa was a heavy smoker too and died already with 64 by cancer from smoking.

I think not everyone is equally affected.
>>
>>66225992
> Tobacco is the only smoking herb
Ignorant swine. Every culture had their drinking and smoking habits with different herbs and substances. From menthol to salvia and narguile (Google tells me you call it hookah)
>>
>>66226581
Wrong!

Evolution doesn't care how long you live or how well you live and if you have inferior genes it will wipe you out
>>
File: 1476663016595 frank cancer.jpg (60KB, 609x341px) Image search: [Google]
1476663016595 frank cancer.jpg
60KB, 609x341px
>>66225191
>>
File: smugsmoker.gif (787KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
smugsmoker.gif
787KB, 200x200px
>>66225191
>mfw this thread
>>
>>66225992
>Smoking is just the absolute worst thing that's accepted in everyday society.
Smoking is bad, that's true.
But to view it like this is really a very high exaggeration.
>>
>>66226581
Actually,no. The only evolutionary stand point is passing your genes forward through the offspring. After that, how long you last or what you do with your body is evolutionarily irrelevant.
>>
>>66225191
Go fuck yourself. It's my body.
>>
>>66225191
Go fuck yourself. I hate people like you who want to ban shit because they don't like it. I hate how Canadians usually post the most aggravating things on this board.

I feel like Australians just like banter and they don't bother me at all.

But Canadians are just backwards as fuck.
>>
>>66225191
Cigarettes arent all tobacco products. People should smoke real tobacxo out of pipes like the good ol days
>>
>>66225992
>Accepting smoking is the worst thing in today's society

>Accepts Muslim refugees and thinks it's okay
>>
>>66227415
cigars and pipes are literally the only acceptable ways of smoking tobacco

even cigarillos are pushing it
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.