[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germanbros, come hither! I am heading out for a two year tour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: ramstein-ab-sign1-784x531.jpg (91KB, 784x531px) Image search: [Google]
ramstein-ab-sign1-784x531.jpg
91KB, 784x531px
Germanbros, come hither! I am heading out for a two year tour to pic related tonight, it'll be my first time heading overseas. What can you tell me about the area around the base. What are some things you wish Americans stationed here, or in Europe in general, would be aware of/do? Anything in the local area I should check out asap?
>>
>>66193792
Saarländer here, I live rather close to Ramstein.

I'd recommend the standard touristy stuff like Heidelberg, the Saarbrücker theater ,Hitler gifted it to us because we voted to come back to germany and it was and is pretty amazing due to clever mechanisms to allow scene/stage changes.

In general ramstein is pretty rural, so you are best off to ask other murricans there.
>>
Ami - go home!
>>
>>66193792
Can you PLEASE be my friend and give me access to the base? I want to go shopping and eat at authentic American fast food restaurants.
>>
>>66194003
Fuck off, I prefer the Us not having bases here as well...but its not his fault.

Learn to seperate theory from individuals.
>>
>>66194105
t. amerikanischer Spion
>>
>>66193943
Ps: Visit Luxemburg and the Karlsberg Brewery in Homburg.

Benjamin Franklin was supposedly pen pal with Siebenpfeiffer who ran around here as well.

Ps: Visit Luxemburg, its really cool.
>>
>Not replying

OK FUCK YOU I THOUGHT WE COULD BE FRIENDS
>>
>>66194629
i'll reply to you germany

baden-wuttemburg is a nice place
>>
>>66194629
Now that's an American attitude! You'll fit right in!
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (472KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
472KB, 1242x2208px
>>66194487
>>66193943
>Visit Luxemburg and the Karlsberg Brewery in Homburg.
After a lifetime of piss beer, I'm looking forward to trying the real thing. As for the rural, well, pic related is where I live.
>>
>>66194995
You nigger better fucking befriend me >>66194085
>>
>>66194995
Well, it looks similar here, but we are way more tightly settled.

Karlsberg is rather harsh/rough, but it is the Saarlandian national beer.
>>
>>66193792
Half-American half-European here
>don't compliment people on their English, it is just weird to them
>don't make unnecessary small talk with shopkeepers or people in public
>lower your speaking voice in public a bit, conversational volume in Germany and most of Europe is a lot lower than in America and it's jarring to the locals
>ask permission before switching to English in conversations with locals, it's polite and gets you a long way with people (I think the German phrase is "darf ich Englisch sprechen?")
>try not to complain about cigarette smoke too much unless it's really overwhelming, people are less stingy about smoking here than in the States, you'll probably just have to get used to it especially if you go out to bars and stuff like that
Other than that, I can't really think of any other advice for an American abroad in Europe who wants to get along with locals. People generally like Americans, whatever their opinions about our government or military might be.
>>
>>66195614
Nowadays smoking is forbidden inside all bars, except if they are declared smoking areas or have some glassed of smoking area.

"Ist es in Ordnung wenn ich Englisch spreche?"
Might be a better phrase, as the one you described is asking for permission to speak english.
That sounds wierd as no one can forbid it.
>>
>>66195802
I mean outside of bars and tables outside of restaurants and such. You'd be surprised how restricted it is in some parts of America.

Looks like I need to polish my German a bit.
>>
>>66195861
Is it?
Didnt know that.

And no worries, foreign languages you dont regularily use get rusty.

My french is horrible nowadays as well.
>>
>>66193792
Where do you come from in America ?
Cause I don't really know about Germany but people in Europe are generally colder and more formal than in the US, so don't talk to people on the streets etc...
If you come from the south it may be a bit depressing at first.
>>66195910
Our languages are really different desu, it's easier to speak both german and english than it is to know both german and french. I know plenty of people who took german as a second language and the only one I know of who isn't absolutely terrible at it has a German mother.
>>
>>66196050
Yeah,but still annoying.
>>
File: cryingwojak3.jpg (86KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
cryingwojak3.jpg
86KB, 601x601px
>American niggers stationed at US bases are poisoning Germany with their presence RIGHT NOW

Thanks for reminding me, that ruined my night.
>>
>>66195910
Yes, where I'm from in the US you can't smoke outdoors at restaurants and even some public parks, it's a bit ridiculous, I don't really care as long as it's not indoors.

But on the other hand it is very different depending on where you're from, in some parts of the South you can still smoke in bars and in other places they banned it like a decade ago.
>>
>>66196050
Upstate NY, it's like the south, only everyone hates each other and the area, and there is no happiness.

>>66196228
>I ruined an Australians night
Thanks, mate, I needed a pick-me-up!
>>
>>66196480
Why?

Because there is no real community?

Main reason I am against to much immigration is that it kils local culture even mora than we allready did.
>>
>>66196547
No jobs, no economy, NYC dominates politics and hikes taxes to sky high rates, and the college grads never hand around since there is no jobs for them, so everyone is in a competition for even shitty retail seasonal stuff to feed the family. When the neighbors get to buy fresh food and you don't, it invites some resentment. Plus, inbreeding, since no one leaves their town of a few hundred it gets to be a problem in some places.
>>
>>66196660
Kek.

>Tfw my home village also has some BIG extended families.
>>
>>66196660
>>66196814
Ps: the keking was about the jnbreeding, which is not funny though...sorry.

I can understand resentments.

Would probably be best to transform NYC into a city state..right?
>>
Cocksucker seriously doesn't want to give me access to the base.
What a cunt.
>>
>>66196889
You will just blow it up, Mehmet.
>>
>>66196847
Just get NYC out of NYS and we'll be good! Hell give it to New Jersey, it's pretty much part of that state anyway.

>>66196889
I can smell the Turk on you from overseas.
>>
File: 800px-Erbach_07.jpg (130KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Erbach_07.jpg
130KB, 800x600px
>>66193792
Rhineland-Palatinate is the comfy old people state where you get pretty nature and wine. I can recommend sweet Flammkuchen, the one with fruits on it that gets flambè'd. Tastes dank as fuck.

Also it has the prettier parts of the Rhine compared to NRW since it has more small cities and towns next to it. You should maybe do one of the rhine ship rides on a nice day.

If you like nature stuff then the black forest and the Odenwald are relatively close. The later one has a lot of the comfy small towns with the half-timbered houses and shit. You will probably also find quite some of that stuff in Rhineland-Palatinate, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odenwald#Castles
>>
AMIS RAUS
>>
>>66197243
I want to go shopping and eat fast food don't you fucking deny me to experience America
>>
>>66198307
That activity is haram, Mehmet.
>>
>>66198454
Have fun in Germany if you're coming here with that attitude
>>
>>66198486
And you have no right demanding shit from him, you entitled dick.
>>
>>66198486
Not me, I don't think. My greatest fear is that I actually have an alternate personality that I don't know about or remember. But I think there are two or three burgers here. Actually, that should be my final meal here. Hey how do Germans cook their meat? Do you eat it nice and bloody?
>>
>>66198486
I'm not him. I'm just a run of the mill Shit poster
>>
>>66198579
>Hey how do Germans cook their meat? Do you eat it nice and bloody?
Every degree from charcoal to literally raw and smeared onto bread
>>
>>66198579
We usually eat it raw from the living animal
>>
Americans are not welcome here
>>
>>66196480
>Upstate NY, it's like the south, only everyone hates each other and the area, and there is no happiness.
Oh then Europe won't bother you too much I guess
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.