[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Things Americans Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 28

File: K6bDm26.jpg (485KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
K6bDm26.jpg
485KB, 1600x1200px
So after living in America for months because of uni I made a list of the crazy stuff americans do

>pledge of allegiance
>wearing shoes indoors
>cowboy boots and hats
>putting catsup and mayonaisse on everything
>riding those single person cart things everywhere
>fried chicken
>american football
>people who make up american football teams and then gamble with them?
>casual racism
>casual fascism
>seriously the pledge of allegiance WTF?
>climbing out of a second floor window to sit on the roof'
>mormons
>homeless people peeing on the metro
>homeless people in general WTF?
>clapping during films
>taking a rifle everywhere
>tanning salons
>everyone has like 3 pets
>angry yelling people on the news and the radio all the time

Anyone else have wierd experiences with american culture?
>>
Tell us about your country.
>>
>>66180782
>because of uni
>pledge of allegiance

>because of uni
>caring about shoes indoors

Underage high school transfer student detected
>>
>>66180782
>mormons
>gambling
Try harder next time
>>
>>66180782
>waah American culture sucks
Go home faggot.
>>
>>66180782
Why is this a problem if you don't live in the city
>>
File: IMG_1698.jpg (33KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1698.jpg
33KB, 600x750px
>pledge of allegiance
>weird
>>
This is actually quite common in third world countries
>>
>metro

bullshit, we don't have these
>>
>>66180782
>pledge of allegiance
not in uni
>wearing shoes indoors
don't do it personally, classy either way
>cowboy boots and hats
guessing you're in texas, i love that part of their culture
it's good
not accurate, only for the obese 1/3rd
>fried chicken
don't eat but it's good
>american football
sorry we don't play your sport:(
people here love sports, deal with it m8
>casual racism
it's good
>casual fascism
what
>seriously the pledge of allegiance WTF?
not in uni
what
>mormons
it's good, most mormons are bro-tier
>homeless people peeing on the metro
metro doesn't exist, either way never seen this
>homeless people in general WTF?
most are crazy, blame reagan
>clapping during films
i clap ironically when the theater is silent because i want to make my gf feel awkward
you're in texas
>tanning salons
people hate browns but love having brown skin, i love the feel of a leathery cunt
who doesn't love pets wtf
gets attention

go back to shitland
>>
>>66180963
why you waste food?
>>
>>66180782
what's a single person cart thing?
>>
File: RRQ87NE.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RRQ87NE.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>66183917
Just a guess.
>>
>>66183901
Why you starving? Here I was thinking you were a 1st world country or something
>>
>>66180782
>>66180782
people being fat, eating meat, oil and sugar to death are the most weird shit of yours
>>
What part of the US you live in? Considering you said Mormons you probably been to Utah, but since you said Cowboy boots and hats, you're probably in my state.
>>
>>66184109
Is it really weird that people become gluttonous when in the presence of such excess?

It's a good thing really, it's punishing the sinful with a painful, slow death
>>
>>66180975
I went to school in Seatle grades 4-7. The pledge of allegiance is the absolute strangest and pointless thing I've done in at a place of learning.

I don't mind teaching kids to memorise poetry, but performing it as a morning ritual is weird and obsessive.
>>
>>66182561
This
/thread
>>
>>66180782
I find the table service in pubs unsettling
And the tipping culture makes me instantly suspicious of anybody being friendly or otherwise trying to help me
>>
>>66184160
Sorry if you don't like Nationalism. I guess not everyone can feel pride for the place they live. Typical leaf
>>
>>66184160
Kids already know it's bullshit, nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>66184217
>table service in pubs
What do you mean by this?

And yeah, the tipping culture does create, or at least contribute to, a culture of Japan-style superficial politeness.
>>
+1 for the homeless people and general disdain towards human life there ;_;
>>66180975
it literally is though.
>>
>>66184160
What?
What's so strange about pledging your loyalty to your nation and being taught to uphold your obligations and responsibilities as citizens?

>>66184217
>And the tipping culture makes me instantly suspicious of anybody being friendly or otherwise trying to help me
Is being polite rude to you?
How odd.
>>
>>66184258
He means the tipping culture makes him suspicious of friendly strangers, because he assumes they want to take his money
>>
>>66184235
A lot of places that look like pubs don't just pour you a beer at the bar, a waitress comes over to you. Other weird conventions I can across like you must have a seat to get a beer.

Dunno. You have to understand the pub is a real institution on these islands, so differences in drinking culture really stand out, especially when they're claiming to be """""""Irish""""""" """""""""""pubs""""""""""""

Feel most at home in dive bars or clubs
>>
>>66184294
Isn't irrational paranoia a symptom of senility?
>>
>>66184160
It's not mandatory due to the First Amendment, you'll just be seen as an edgelord if you don't do it.

>>66184245
Our attitudes towards human life in general are rather complex and indeed vary by groups, with such issues as guns, euthanasia, abortion and stem cell gathering, capital punishment, and the like being highly contentious issues here. As for the massive amounts of homeless people on the streets (as opposed to being in a soup kitchen or other such shelter), most are mentally-ill people who were de-institutionalized under Reagan without much a place to go who for whatever reason won't go to a shelter of some sorts.

>>66184299
Those are considered restaurants here, especially if they take an order. Bars don't entail waitresses, though. In any case drinking culture isn't much a thing here outside of the Midwest and PNW.
>>
>>66184329

Burger..

Please...dont use siency words when you dont understand them..
>>
>>66184348
Not him, but
>siency
In any case he's wrong at least to the extent that he implies that rational paranoia exists.
>>
File: 1467383609547.jpg (18KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1467383609547.jpg
18KB, 600x611px
>>66184329

>irrational paranoia
>>
>>66184348
>siency
Absolutely brilliant. An outstanding example of the supreme intelligence and lingual mastery of the Germanic peoples
>>
>>66184217

I wouldn't be too suspicious, most waiters/waitresses are who they are.

The truth is the difference between providing great service and meh service isn't gonna be that much in tips. Like maybe a dollar or two when it comes to someone just doing drinks.

Like I've been in bars where their service fucking sucks, takes 20 minutes with an empty beer, finally asks if I want another and takes another 20 minutes to get me a bottled beer, and I'd still end up tipping.
>>
>>66184335
yeah I know man. I don't think any less of you guys, met so many good Americans, it's just a very different society to old England.

the fact that you speak the same language throws me off sometimes, then I'll see/hear something that gives me culture shock
>>
File: 2016-10-15_20-45-03.png (870KB, 645x596px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-15_20-45-03.png
870KB, 645x596px
wearing shit like this in public
>>
>>66184217
>suspicious of anybody being friendly or otherwise trying to help me
Are you talking about the guys at the airport who will "help" you flag down a taxi and then hit you up for money? Those are just bums, you can tell them to fuck off.
>>
a comprehensive list of things weird or wrong with fried chicken:

>>
>>66184385
Sorry that american is not my native thongue. I ment scientific
>>
i dont get how casual racism is a bad thing
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>66184397
it's more having to tip people who you wouldn't expect to tip, barmen and cabbies for example, and the unwritten social conventions around it.

basically anybody that gives you a service expects a tip, which kind of defeats the point of it in the first place, just becomes a tax almost.

funny thing I noticed: obviously yanks know yuros don't tip so much, but the only people who've ever pointed out "btw service isn't included" have then proceeded to deliver terrible service.

>mfw I then refuse to tip them as a point of principle (asking for it, not the service)
>>
>>66184516
>basically anybody that gives you a service expects a tip

I get all my knowledge of the US off of 4chan and maybe 1 week spent in a shithole state: the post
>>
>>66182561
>racism is okay
>mormons are okay
wew there laddy
>>
>>66180782
>>pledge of allegiance
>>cowboy boots and hats
>>fried chicken
>>casual fascism
>>seriously the pledge of allegiance WTF?
>>taking a rifle everywhere

Literally nothing wrong with any of these.

Kill yourself you weak faggot
>>
File: american.jpg (44KB, 406x308px) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
44KB, 406x308px
>>66180782
>>pledge of allegiance
Never heard of universities having this
>>wearing shoes indoors
I agree it's disgusting
>>cowboy boots and hats
there is absolutely nothing wrong with cowboy hats
>>putting catsup and mayonaisse on everything
It's called ketchup and there is nothing wrong with putting Mayonaisse on food
>>riding those single person cart things everywhere
Disgusting
>>fried chicken
Fuck you, this is delicious
>>american football
Fun but boring to watch
>>people who make up american football teams and then gamble with them?
Cringey
>>casual racism
Haven't really encountered this here and I'm not even white
>>casual fascism
True amongst the paranoid ultra-right 1/5th of the population
>>seriously the pledge of allegiance WTF?
DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?
>>climbing out of a second floor window to sit on the roof'
Where else are you supposed to drink beer and look at the stars?
>>mormons
Hilarious
>>homeless people peeing on the metro
Saw similar shit in Parsis
>>homeless people in general WTF?
Again, saw this in Eurostan too
>>clapping during films
Nothing wrong with this
>>taking a rifle everywhere
Better to defend freedom
>>tanning salons
To blend in with our new Mexican majority
>>everyone has like 3 pets
Why do you hate animals
>>angry yelling people on the news and the radio all the time
Same shit in Eurostan
>>
>>66180782
How is this crazy?
>pledge of allegiance
>Fried chicken
>casual racism
>having pets

How is this crazy?

>>66183901
Does feeding pets break the budget that much for you?
>>
>>66184516
True, it's expected with waiting staff in restaurants and delivery people, to the point where it's a tax. You do NOT tip the people involved with carry out, and in those backwater states of Oregon and New Jersey that still have Gas station attendants, you don't usually tip them either.
>>
>>66184374
>>66184379
Paranoia can be rational, though rare. Paranoia in a broad sense is the feeling of persecution of mistrust of actions, it can both be justifiable or not.

For example: Russia is often paranoid about NATO's encroachment on its borders.

>>66184471
The language is English, capitalize American, and they're spelled like this: tongue, meant.

>>66184516
>basically anybody that gives you a service expects a tip
Please stop talking about things you don't know anything about.
>>
>>66184552
There is literally nothing wrong with being Mormon. Every one of them I've met has been absolutely bro-tier, even the ones that tried to convert me.
>>
>>66184554
i agree with everything but the fascism tbqh

you're free to not say the pledge.
>>
>>66180782
>>climbing out of a second floor window to sit on the roof'

Seriously, what the fuck? Are you a 14 year old smoking weed at your friends house and y'all are trying to hide it from his parents or some shit?

No legal adult gets on the roof through a window for any reason. They use a ladder.
>>
>>66184571
Pls forgive

Dont invade, okay?
>>
File: 1449098252717.png (121KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1449098252717.png
121KB, 258x245px
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH CASUAL RAICSM
>>
Interestingly there is a decent population of Aussies living in Utah that are Mormon, run into em a lot at work.

If I recall right the biggest Scientology population outside of the US is Australia too..
>>
>>66184583
Yes and every scientologist you meet will be "bro-tier" too, that doesn't mean that the existence of the cult is a net benefit of society.

there are plenty of horror stories about mormons, especially from ex-mormons. your anecdotal evidence doesn't erase that bullshit.
>>
>>66184597
If I were in your place I'd be more concerned about Switzerland annexing you. Especially considering they've invaded your country several times before and consider your nation as part of their sphere of influence.
>>
>>66184587
People who use the word "fascism" typically don't use the word correctly. It's mostly used by re-ddit type individuals when they come across things that [TRIGGER] them.
>>
>>66184536
>>66184571
>thread about things you don't understand about America
>hurr durr shut up about things you don't understand about

no shit lmao. I'm saying it confuses the shit out of me, so my coping mechanism is to presume anybody who offers a service wants a tip, and anybody being polite or going out of their way to help me is also likely fishing for tips.

I've been to 7 states over 4 trips btw.
>>
>>66184631
At least they apologized everytime.

Unlike your country...
>>
The pledge and the homelessness are serious issues and fucked. Most of the other shit i font have a problem with though
>>
>>66184652
Outside of taxi drivers and waiters, I've never tipped anyone.
>>
>>66184690
Of all things you chose the pledge? I'd say shoes indoors and obesity are the worst things on that list.
>>
>>66184636
you're talking to someone who used to believe in the doctrine of italian fascism, believe me i know.
a lot of americans tend to fetishize governmental authority casually.

tons still think snowden is a traitor and not a hero.

im pretty sure it's that kind of bullshit that op is talking about.
>>
>>66184604
Race is outside of one's control and doesn't directly impact society, and as such people shouldn't be judged on it.
>>
File: IMG_1498.jpg (906KB, 1237x3696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1498.jpg
906KB, 1237x3696px
>>66184677
>>66184631
Forgot pic
>>
>>66184652
i only tip waiters and hair dressers when they do a good cut

besides i mean youre coming to this country of course things are going to be different but also the onus is on you to figure things out

it's really nice tho as an american in europe, cause everyone has some half baked notion of tipping culture and a lot of the time people are going to expect me to give them extra money so i get better service
>>
>>66184761
imagine how butt blasted the guy who made this pic is, feel bad for him he needs someone in his life
>>
>>66184761
We're good boys, dindu nuffin
>>
>>66184722
Well as for people wanting Snowden locked up (not me personally), that isn't fascism since he's technically a traitor.

What do you mean though when you say people "fetishize governmental authority"? I've never experienced anything like that outside of liberal hippy rallies. And I'd assume that a Bong would love those.
>>
>>66184536
also, you realise tipping is a 4chan meme because literally every european finds it baffling in the first place, right?

>>66184764
>cause everyone has some half baked notion of tipping culture and a lot of the time people are going to expect me to give them extra money so i get better service
ha, yeah, you're presumed to be a heavy tipper as soon as they hear your accent. from first hand experience you usually are. I've had to tell off some FOB yanks for trying to tip literally everyone we came across lol.
>b-but it's nice anon
>>
>>66184677
We haven't invaded you.
And we do apologize to nations we do invade.
Furthermore, this image >>66184761 proves nothing except that someone thinks our military history is absolutely hilarious.

>>66184652
The idea is, someone provides a service and if you find that satisfactory you give them a little money.
It's a way of telling the person doing the service "Hey you're alright."
It's a compliment. It's being polite.

If someone is offering you help with something here and they aren't on the job, they're being genuinely nice.
Because there's a difference between corporately enforced "Friendliness" and genuine friendliness. Most people here are genuinely friendly.

>>66184690
The pledge is not an issue.
Issues would be things like terrible obesity from horribly unhealthy, mass produced foodstuffs.
>>
>>66184817
Is tipping really that hard to understand?
>>
>>66184764
the hairdresser thing I understand btw. I usually tip my barber when they do a nice cut here too. Also delivery drivers and cabbies. But it's more like: the bill is £23.50, give them £25 and tell them to keep the change. Not doing mental arithmetic to make sure I'm not breaking social convention
>>
>>66184761
>America btfo of the best military force on the planet
>Brits blame america for 1812 when it was really because the canadians kidnapped american sailors
>Mexico was ruled by white people and people with any native blood were treated like shit
I agree the confederates are fucking retarded traitors.
>America does the same thing Europeans were doing in Africa
>America proceeds to save europe's ass in both world wars
>Implying Vietnam wasn't entirely France's fucking fault
>America BTFO of Saddam in a fucking week.
>>
>>66180782
I haven't done the pledge of allegiance since high school, and even then I usually refused to do it.
>>
>>66184827
NO.
If they're providing a service satisfactory, then they're just doing their fucking job. If they provide excellent service then a tip is a way to show a way of appreciation for that.

If you are expected to tip somebody regardless, or if it's """satisfactory""" it's no longer a tip, it's crossed over to being an unwritten charge.

>>66184837
yes.
>>
>>66184827
>we do apologize to nations we do invade
I don't. Fuck them.
>>
>>66184812
Snowden would be a traitor if he betrayed the American people. He didn't, he told the American people that the NSA had it's hands in everybody's pockets and it made CARNIVORE look like a fucking joke. And the American people hate him for it.

Well ignoring the fact that people DO want him locked up...
That people will unironically defend usage of mass surveillance by the government for the purposes of blackmail of it's citizens.

For fucks sake, Mussolini did the exact same shit against his political rivals and enemies.
>>
>>66180782
Weirdest thing was when people tried telling me that Pittsburgh is "a white city" IN PITTSBURGH. This place is like 64% white according to wikipedia, seriously Americans have such a different comprehension of demographics it's worrying.
>>
>>66184874
>If you are expected to tip somebody regardless, or if it's """satisfactory""" it's no longer a tip, it's crossed over to being an unwritten charge
This. It's enforced by the government.

Many of us don't agree with tipping by the way. It's pretty gay.
>>
also DAE waiting staff talking to you and interrupting every 5 seconds to make sure everything is "OK".

Fuck off. Stop hovering. Be available. If I need something I'll let you know, you're literally my servant, not my friend.
>>
The pledge thing shouldn't be an issue of any kind for a foreigner.
The only person who might get understandably upset by someone not saying the Pledge would be a nationalist. A person like that would never expect a transfer student to say it, in fact he might think lesser of them if they did.
Pledging allegiance to a foreign country is treason. If you're a loyal American and want others to respect your conviction, you'll do the same for them.
>>
>>66184874
Basically it started out in the late 19th century as a way to reward excellent service, as you've said. However, as you might notice with stuff like the military, Americans like to thank people doing their job, so overly-polite people started to err on the side of tipping, to the point where tipping became expected and not getting a tip seemed to indicate a rather bad job, and thus was rude. While you do have a point, it has essentially indeed evolved to what you call an unwritten charge.
>>
>>66184910
You have to take an oath to get a secret clearance. He violated that oath. He's a traitor by definition. The way to exonerate himself is to stand trial and make his case but he'd rather suck Putin's cock.
>>
>>66184919
lol yeah I know, it's crazy. This >>66184927 one is entitled to trigger you guys though as it's just a cultural thing. You'd probably call what I'd consider good service rude.
>>
>>66184910
>Snowden would be a traitor if he betrayed the American people
No Snowden is legally a traitor because he literally commited treason against the government. That's not an opinion either, since it is the written law in black and white.
>>
>>66184917
>Americans have such a different comprehension of demographics it's worrying.
yea its almost like we live in a country that has less white people than countries that are indigenously european.

64% is pretty white for an urban area here
>>
>>66184964
Eh, depends, as pretty much everything does. Mostly we desire speed and knowing that there'll be a waiter to tell that we need the check. The hovering in >>66184927 is either because:
a- they're incompetent and thus desperate,
b- they're incompetent and thus won't know when to see that the customer is done/almost done with the meal to ask if the check is desired, or
c- the place is packed and they can't necessarily see the customer's progress along the meal
>>
>>66184984
Yeah well if a city where I come from is 5% black the locals treat it like it's Africa.
>>
>>66184957
>>66184975
this tbqh regardless of what you think of the morality of the situation.personally i don't think he's a "bad" guy, and I'm glad to know what he revealed, but very mixed feelings as to whether what he did was a good thing as it undermines our security apparatus and standing abroad.
>>
>>66184874
>>66184845
here is the thing you dont have to agree with it, i know for a fact that we get better service here because of it, lived in italy and have been mostly everywhere in western europe for comparison. even still im not sure i completely agree with it.

anyhow, you are fucking waiters over if you dont tip them. you arent making a grand social statement for not tipping and you arent gonna change anything, all youre doing is making it harder for some poor son of a bitch to pay their rent this month

anyone else its fine to tell them to fuck off but its ethically wrong to not tip waiters here, objectively

>>66184927
too autistic to tell someone that you'll call them if you need them or what?
>>
>>66184964
The thing I don't get is that waiters and waitresses think they deserve 15% of my meal's cost for filling up a glass of water or bring me my plate from 10 feet away. I mean really? I don't weigh 500 lbs, and I'd gladly do it myself.
>>
File: IMG_1567.png (555KB, 671x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.png
555KB, 671x603px
Good thread

Prooves that euros are masterrace
>>
>>66185041
This tipping shit is just the business owners pitting the waitresses against the customers. It's fucking retarded, it shouldn't be a customer's responsibility to be expected to shoulder the responsibilities of some kike.
>>
>>66185031
well i'm sure that is a lot of black people for wherever it is that you come from then. crazy how things can be relative like that..
>>
>>66185065
Only Switzerland and Austria can claim to be master race. The rest of Europe is failing
>>
>>66184160
m8 I had to say morning , lunch, and evening prayer every single day in school here.
>>
File: 1442282667921.jpg (66KB, 205x251px) Image search: [Google]
1442282667921.jpg
66KB, 205x251px
>>66184984
>64% is pretty white
>>
>>66185041
I always tip waiters there. The only (two) times I haven't was when they asked for it AND then proceeded to deliver terrible service. I was quite deliberately fucking them over. One or the other wouldn't have been a problem.

Italian service isn't known to be "efficient" shall we say. But I think definition of good service is subjective. Personally speaking I'm not a fan of American style customer service.

>too autistic to tell someone that you'll call them if you need them or what?
Nah it's just a given here.
>>
>>66185069
If there was no tipping the cost of that meal would go up anyway to cover the increase in the waitstaff wages, only now there's no incentive for them to be attendant.
>>
>>66185069
i have literally stated that i don't agree with it but it doesn't matter how you are rationalizing it, you are being a fuck if you don't tip your waiter.
>>
>>66185065
Europeans are ugly
they all look just "off" like prototypes.
>>
>>66185087
You forgot something there, pal
>>
Compared to the state propaganda Russian and Chinese kids go through why is America singled out?
>>
>>66185094
Those are for urban areas; I doubt there's a single Top 5 American city that's majority white.

>>66185089
Either you went to a private school, went to school in Canada, or your school did something unconstitutional.
>>
>>66184957
Boy that sure tells you just how meaningless "traitor" even is.

And you and I both know he'd be tied and trussed and paraded around on a sham of a trial before getting thrown in some hole in the middle of the Pacific that makes Gulags look like a stay in the Hamptons.
>>
>>66185080
Nothing relative about it. It's pretty objective that the US is a minority infested shit hole.
>>
>>66185103
You're fucking stupid. The cheapest joints are fast foods where you don't tip at all.
>>
>>66184845
That's I do.
Some people religiously follow the "2% of the total expenditure" thing, which I've only do when I go to an upper-class restaurants and get a waiter waiting for my call.

>>66184874
>and if you find that satisfactory
>if you
I tip according to what I think is a satisfying service. The bare minimum, aka "Just doing their fucking job," is not satisfying service.

Why are you being so defensive of this false notion that American culture boils down to redundant social conventions?

>>66184881
Good for you. You're not the nation though.

>>66184929
I'm honestly surprised it bothers foreigners, since they have no obligation whatsoever to participate.

>>66185118
Perhaps it has something to do with us being the "Good Guys."
>>
>>66185118
Because it's a comparison of the US to first world countries and not complete shitholes?
>>
>>66185103
this
there's nothing wrong with tipping

my issue is more the rules of who and where to tip
some places where you think you don't need to tip will ask for tips then get pissy if you don't.
>>
>>66185138
i don't think you understand economics at all
>>
>>66185069
indeed. although it means waiters and barmen earn a fucking wedge over there and don't pay much tax, so good if it's your job I guess.

here you'd be paid minimum wage, £7-ish an hour, and whatever you're tipped -- which lets assume is a 5-10% tip on most food bills -- is then split amongst all staff including the people who actually cook the food.
>>
>>66185103
No it wouldn't. Competition would force restaurants to lower their price back to normal, and this anon >>66185138 proves that concept.
>>
>>66185138
You're fucking stupid if you don't know the difference between a restaurant and a squat-n-gobble.
>>
>>66185112
Not trying to be rude, but I've literally never seen your flag before. What country is it?
>>
>>66185112
>his king married a nigger
top kek
>>
>>66185142
>since they have no obligation whatsoever to participate.
Neither do Americans, for that matter.

>>66185150
I can see that. As said before, always tip wait staff and cab drivers, never tip counter people unless there's a tip jar nor Gas station attendants if you're in Oregon or New Jersey, and play it by ear otherwise.
>>
>>66185162
There is none, you stupid Jew. They are both food joints.
>>
>>66185162
>>66185159
Nice arguments.
>>
>>66185147
>>66185142
Well considering were up against a billion plus commies this time and we endured a decades long Cold War with Slavic commies a little bit of patriotism isn't a bad thing.

Not enough patriotism in a society can create problems
>>
>>66185161
Minimum wage for waitstaff is (or was, I dunno, it's been a while) about $2.50, specifically because the customer is expected to cover the difference with tips. If (magically) everything switched overnight those restaurants would be legally required to pay the regular minimum wage.
>>
>>66185118
because china really fucking sucks if you aren't middle class and russia sucks if you aren't an oligarch.

USA is actually pretty decent and comparable to high-end European nations, even the lower classes.
>>
>>66184047
that's a chink talking to you
>>
>>66185142
>defensive
I'm not sure I'm the one being defensive here :)
Just trying to explain why I find it weird and caught about a million angry (You)s for it and set off a huge debate in the process. kek.
>>
>>66185147
But the US is a complete shithole.
>>
>>66185190
I bet you don't get a lot of second dates.
>>
>>66184137
Or maybe just a random collection of stereotypes
>>
>>66185212
>those restaurants would be legally required to pay the regular minimum wage

The horror, those poor restaurants.
>>
>>66185193
if people working the register at fast food joints were being paid service wages instead of minimum wage you can guarantee prices would not be what they are right now.

just because something is cheap doesn't mean it can't get cheaper.

that's why i said that you don't understand economics.

why does everyone on here think they know everything about something they actually don't know their head from their ass from?
>>
>wearing shoes indoors
>fried chicken
>clapping during films
>tanning salons
what's wrong with this?

>cowboy boots and hats
>fried chicken
>american football
meh, I bet that you have weird things that you think they are common

>pledge of allegiance
>casual racism
>casual fascism
murica we are number juan!!!

the only think I see anoying is that americans seems to scream a lot when they argue, it must be inssuferable be there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3vcvGpALQ
>>
>>66185213
better than most infact, for everyone BUT the lower classes, but jmo
>>
>>66185212
Yes and? The restaurants would cover the wage and still be forced to be competitive. You disagree with then explain this.

>be me
>go to Culvers
>get waited on
>have my food brought to me
>finish my meal
>oh look I don't have to pay a bajillion dollars!
>it's like capitalism works or something
>>
>>66185233
I don't go on dates at all since I'm 30 and fucking married, you literal kike. Go shill for your heeb establishment somewhere else.
>>
>>66185163
Liechtenstein

160 squarekilometers ~130? Squaremiles micronation between switzerland and austria
>>
>not sleeping on the roof under the stars

Third worlder detected
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 386x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 386x460px
>>66185263
>shoes indoors

Only barbarians wear shoes indoors. I don't want people who have been stepping in public bathrooms, strange liquid in the streets and other nasty shit to bring it indoors.

It's disgusting
>>
What I realized after I moved to the US was that Michigan is the worst place in this country, if not the world.
>>
>>66185279
I feel sorry for your husband.
>>
>>66185280
do u actually live there or are you just using a proxy/live close to liechtenstein

i passed through just to say i was there tbqh
>>
>>66185280
Hallo, du bist eine deutcher?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x319px
>>66185280
Can you tell me about it? I presume it's very rich and you have your own German dialect?
>>
>>66185142
>I'm honestly surprised it bothers foreigners, since they have no obligation whatsoever to participate.

Me too. Public prayer hours seem like an outdated custom to me, but if I'm in an Islamic country, they're just something to be expected. There are cultural differences to how people express patriotism and spirituality, Americans just tend to be more open and public about it.
To confuse the expression with the content would be a mistake. I know my countrymen are every bit as nationalistic than Americans are, they just show it differently. If differences like that bother some people, maybe they shouldn't travel abroad at all.
>>
>>66185252
>you can guarantee prices would not be what they are right now
Fast food prices are set by the market and not by the wages of the staff. This is easily demonstrated by noting how fast food costs the same or lower than that of restaurants with paid waiters. And depending on the fast-food joint, the food can even be higher quality than the traditional restaurant.
>>
>>66184866
May I ask why? Are you POC of any chance?
>>
>>66184471
>Sorry that american is not my native
then why the fuck are you commenting on someone's usage of the language that is not yours and you can't even speak it properly, stfu

> thongue
you mean thong?
>>
>>66185324
It is. Imfact one of the richest nations in the world

Yes we have our own german dialekt

>>66185311
I live there. You nedd proof?

>>66185312
Nein
>>
hahaha the asspain in this tread is strong
>>
>>66185337
>If differences like that bother some people, maybe they shouldn't travel abroad at all.
yeah, exactly

a lot of people don't actually travel that much on here though, bit weird considering it's the international board but whatever.

although i will say that brits are the exception to the rule, seems like they go to other countries just to complain that things aren't like they are back home a lot of the time
>>
>>66185219
You are being defensive since you refuse any points made against you in an attempt to perpetuate a pointless argument.

You refuse to believe the multiple people who have lived here their entire lives telling you why you're wrong and then try to justify your opinion to them despite them knowing you're wrong.

And you got those (You)s because you said tipping makes you wary of any person being nice to you, which is delusional, and then proceeded to tell us that Americans believe doing any service whatsoever deserves tips.

>>66185337
There are different types of people who travel for different reasons, I think very few actually go to experience foreign culture as that requires more time than necessary.
So instead we're left with uninformed observations which are often not properly explained, which then creates stereotypes.
>>
File: 1473207573211.png (143KB, 285x245px) Image search: [Google]
1473207573211.png
143KB, 285x245px
>>66185303
i dont really like posting this on the internet, but there's an asterisk there.

michigan sucks, EXCEPT for detroit. detroit is cheap as shit, has a lot of great culture going on, is super artsy and everybody thinks it's a hell hole.

Sure the suburbs are really poor and some streets you don't go down, whatever. But downtown detroit is no worse than any other major city. And it's so fucking cheap.
>mfw 1200sqft apartment in a major city
>mfw $300 a month
>mfw underground music scene
>mfw everything is fucking great
>mfw it's going to stay this way because 90% of white people are fucking scared of it like it is still 2005 or something.
the rest of the state can go fucking die imho.
>>
>>66180782
Yes
No?
Rarely?
The fuck is catsup?
Rare
Yes, this is bad?
Yeah?
Yeah this is fucking dumb
This is fine
This is fine
What is your issue you unpatriotic commie cocksucker?
What? We do that?
Yeeeah, mormons are an issue definitely.
Yes
Yes
I've seen this once and it was stupid.
Get out you gun grabbing hippie
Yeah those are for chads
I only have 2
Yeah that's true
>>
>>66185378
>Nein

There's a German that posts from there sometimes, I thought you may have been him.

10/10 place btw
You are 100% white and all right.
>>
>>66185394
oh my god are you really that autistic, or just drunk?
>>
>>66185408
it probably isn't your scene if you're a right wing cuck, I should add.
>>
File: D&R.png (787KB, 1053x601px) Image search: [Google]
D&R.png
787KB, 1053x601px
>>66180963
Suburbanite here
Pic related, I owned an axolotl too but I ended up giving her away. Might get an Uromastyx.
>>
>>66185466
Address what I've said or don't respond.
>>
>>66185468
>right wing
>cuck
I don't think you understand how words fit together, friend.
>>
I am a Filipino
I pledge my allegiance
To the flag of the Philippines
And to the country it represents
With honor, justice and freedom
Put in motion by one Nation
For God
for the People,
for Nature and
for the Country.
>>
>>66185394
>I think very few actually go to experience foreign culture as that requires more time than necessary.

You start experiencing it the moment you step outside the airport. Personally, I pay attention to even minor, everyday things that are unique to a culture.
That said, a business trip isn't enough to give you any sort of cultural exposure. Anyway, most of the important areas of world business have converged into a global urban culture that's creepily similar in Dubai and Berlin (unless you take the effort to go where the locals spend their time).
Travel doesn't really broaden your mind IMO. Working or studying abroad is different because to do it successfully, you have to put down some roots.
>>
>>66185382
innit. some people ITT really need to grow a pair
apparently making casual observations and then trying to explain why I, coming from a different culture, find something weird is actually just me criticising theirs. lmao.
>>
>>66185302
>stepping in public bathrooms, strange liquid in the streets
pajeet?
>>
>>66185534
I'll fucking kill you when I find out your name, you piece of shit.
>>
>>66185526
<3
>>
>>66185550
whew
>>
>>66185550
nice. i am not even sure if you are kidding or not anymore. some of you butthurt guys can actually be serious, haha
>>
>>66185481
you dont really deserve it, but ok

>>66185394
>You are being defensive since you refuse any points made against you in an attempt to perpetuate a pointless argument.
where?
>You refuse to believe the multiple people who have lived here their entire lives telling you why you're wrong and then try to justify your opinion to them despite them knowing you're wrong.
again, where?
>And you got those (You)s because you said tipping makes you wary of any person being nice to you, which is delusional, and then proceeded to tell us that Americans believe doing any service whatsoever deserves tips.
but it does. I already said that I realise it's a coping mechanism to culture shock. what's so difficult to understand that it's very different to how we do things over here - and there are people you're EXPECTED to tip there that you wouldn't here?

See >>66185534 then go pour yourself a nice glass of water, brush your teeth and go to bed, you drunk fuck
>>
>>66185518
nah, people with ntr fetishes skew heavily towards the right wing, i've found.

hence the heavy concentration of using it as shitposting bait in right wing communities, such as /pol/. shifting perception to make you believe that it skews left is a rather forced false flag that consistently reminds me most people posting to this site are retarded.
>>
>>66185526
I am a latino
I pledge my allegiance
To other beaners
And to Fillipinos
I was put in motion
To avoid starvation
My determination
is what shapes up my nation
watch out niggas
this is my allegiance
>>
>>66185540
No, I just don't want people dragging their filth from outside in.
>>
>>66185686
no you just want them to smear their feet oil all over your floors.
>>
>>66185550
hahahahhahahahahahahaha

what's wrong babe? did a Brit rape your mother or refuse to tip you once?

shame you probably can't afford to leave mississippi let alone the country, otherwise I'd offer to come link you at the airport
>>
>>66180782

Is it true that it's mandatory for consenting adults to shart in the mart?
>>
>>66185600
Here namely >>66184874
When I told you that it's meant to be polite to those who deserve it and you ignored that completely and looked at it though it wasn't in essence the same as your tipping culture turned up a notch.
I could also cite >>66184516 but that's a bit of a stretch so I will concede that.

And honestly I'm shocked that after four visits to the US you still find this to be a baffling custom. It's an admittedly warped version of British tipping but you aren't really required to tip if you don't want to.
It's optional. Not a big deal.

Tipping waiters is "expected" as you're technically adding to their day's wage, though states are changing the laws allowing for waiters to get paid less than minimum wage.
If you find out the restaurant pays minimum wage to waiters and waitresses you don't have to tip and it won't be considered rude.

And I'm not drunk or autistic, just tired but not sleepy.

>>66185770
>mandatory for consenting adults
So which is it?
>>
>>66185791
all I was doing in that first post was trying to explain my position, admittedly the NO was quite strong and might have impacted how you read the rest of my posts but c'est la vie.

I'm used to it now, but still find it odd.

Wish I was sleepy 2bh anon ;_; 6am here.
>>
>>66185767
>link you
What does this mean? (I'm not him.)
>>
>>66185791
>>66185842
Also I don't really find it as casual as you are implying it is (spoiler: in my opinion it's not) but probably exactly because I haven't lived there my whole life I don't know it as 2nd nature and I'm keen not to fuck up and break convention basically.
>>
>>66185767
I swear to FUCK. I would rape your family after skinning them alive. I would bind you up and make you fucking watch you subhuman RETARD!

I only wish that you were here right now so I could put my hands around your fucking throat, watch as you struggle and kick, and laugh as the final glint of life seeps out of your eyes.
>>
>>66185876
whoops forget to (You) you.
link = meet
>>
>>66185791

Mandatory I guess, considering that it's also mandatory for consenting adults to tip for services and the mandatory part prevails or else you get glassed for being unpolite?
>>
>>66185929
I'll give you the tip if you get what I mean.
>>
>>66185911
KMT. Pussyole. Go suck ur bumbaklat mum, lmao.

nice digits btw
>>
>>66185957
They were pretty nice weren't they.
>>
File: christmas present.webm (908KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
christmas present.webm
908KB, 405x720px
>mfw the faggots at subway, quizno's or jimmy john's always have a tip jar by the cash register
really?
>>
>>66185842
Have you tried tea?
Personally I take a hot bath for some time until I feel completely relaxed and then change into pajamas before laying down.

>>66185908
I should've considered that honestly but feh it hardly matters in the end.
People are fairly lenient about foreigners breaking convention unless it was blatantly meant to provoke them.

>>66185929
Being impolite gets you disapproving looks.
At worst someone will start an argument, which could boil over but honestly breaking tipping customs are trivial.

Burning the US flag would be make people livid.

>>66185978
If you pay with cash, and you get leftover cash back, they can toss it there if you tell them to keep the change.
Expediency =/= Being a greedy cock
>>
>>66185924
Ah. For some reason I thought it was rhyming slang or the like.
>>
>>66186017
It's not much more expedient than them handing me my money. I could keep the change and donate it to a good cause for people who need it like kids with cancer instead of giving it to some entitled wagecuck.
>>
>>66186052
>entitled wagecuck
This is satire, right..?
>>
>>66186052
>if you tell them to keep the change
>if you tell them
>to keep the change
>>
>>66186017
I've just fucked up my bodyclock atm desu. Woke up at 8pm yesterday, so.. Techno and try to power through, is the general plan.
>Have I tried tea
No, I've never heard of it? Must be an American thing we don't have over here..
>>
>>66186096
t. entitled wagecuck
>>
>>66186113
Yeah it's this really great thing, especially if you dump half a package of sugar in it and chill it.

I heard of teas that you drink with honey that make you drowsy, I can't remember them off the top of my head.
I've tried it before and after gagging a bit I drifted off to sleep without incident.
>>
File: yorkshire-tea.jpg (60KB, 548x521px) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire-tea.jpg
60KB, 548x521px
>>66186167
camomile or something with lavender in it maybe, I like my herbals teas in the evening but right now I'm on pic related

can't stand tea with anything sweet personally, but can't stand coffee without either, swings and roundabouts

night
>>
Is it true that Murricans get insulted if as foreign transfer student you don't say pledge of allegiance?

I would go full:
"Minä N.N. lupaan ja vakuutan kaikkivaltiaan ja kaikkitietävän Jumalan edessä, olevani Suomen valtakunnan luotettava ja uskollinen kansalainen. Tahdon palvella maatani rehellisesti sekä parhaan kykyni mukaan etsiä ja edistää sen hyötyä ja parasta."

If given shit about it.
>>
>>66186255
I don't think very many people would expect you to pledge. Standing for the national anthem might be a different story... or not, we're going through a phase at the moment.
>>
>>66186255
No we wouldn't. A foreigner shouldn't be expected to say it.
>>
calling themselves Canadian when visiting another country
>>
>>66186288
Americans have a reputation abroad, many Americans don't want to deal with that and everything that comes with it.
>>
>>66186255
No. Even Americans aren't legally obligated to say it in class, why should a foreign exchange student do so? Unless you're talking about permanent immigrants, then yes, you should be at least somewhat proud to be a new American.
>>
>>66186233
Goodnight

>>66186255
No, foreigners aren't expected at all to pledge allegiance.

>>66186288
Bad tourist reputation causes some to do this.
>>
>>66186255
if they try to force you spit on their flag, call them iraqi babykillers and then quickly cover your tracks by explaining that in your culture that's the done thing, and regarding the babykiller comment you were paying the utmost respect for the mighty warlords bush and obama. they probably won't ask you to do the pledge again after that. hope it helps
>>
>>66186384
This is a great way to get outcasted.
>>
>>66186255
No but it's respectful to stand for other countries' national anthems and a person is a cunt if they don't.
>tfw remembering 4chan pic of some muhammadan woman being the only person in the bleachers not standing and sitting while on her phone instead
>>
File: n3uHIAA.png (1MB, 1921x994px) Image search: [Google]
n3uHIAA.png
1MB, 1921x994px
for me murican houses having pool is so strange.
are all you guys millionaire?
>>
>>66182561
>blame reagan
Can you explain me pls?
>>
File: 1461649769485.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1461649769485.gif
2MB, 360x203px
>>66186467
I used to live in a house that had a personal sauna, indoor hot tub, and indoor lap-pool and I was considered lower-middle class back then.

Some people have inflatable pools for their kids.
Most people with proper outdoor pools are middle class.
>>
>>66186497
Reagan defunded sanitariums which basically dumped the mentally ill on the streets. Either they killed themselves (actively or through self-neglect) or they committed some other crime and were imprisoned.
>>
>>66186467
>subs
Hank was based
>>
>>66180782
This is good pasta, do you mind if i save it?
>>
>>66186575
pretty sure thatcher did the same here, although not quite as bad. what a lovely team they were

dog bless
>>
>>66185358
No. Just always thought it was creepy and overly nationalistic.
>>
>>66180782
Lived here all my life and never experienced clapping in films and a lot of these other things tbqh
>>
>>66186575
damn... fuck... ok thanks
>>
>>66180782

In what way is this weird.
>>
>>66186857
This tbqh
Roofs are fun
>>
>>66182240
yes we do, but only in the good states.
>>
>>66184552
racism in America only happens in the deep south.
>>
File: storm.jpg (105KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
storm.jpg
105KB, 500x348px
>>66182240
>>66186988
>tfw just rode in one a couple hours ago
The elevated parts are better than the underground parts desu. Nice sites to look at while you wait for your stop and whatnot.
>>
>>66186999
That's false.
>>
>>66186999
Not true at all. I grew up in rural New England and moved to the city and the people here are the most racist tickets I've met
>>
>>66187803
racist *fuckers
Hate phone censorship
>>
>Pledge of allegiance
In Uni? That's a lie and you know it.

>Cowboy boots and hats
Where do you go to Uni? Texas?

>Catsup
it's ketchup

>single person cart things everwhere
I don't know what you mean by this.

>American football
How is that crazy? Is a sports.

>sit on the roof
What the hell?

>peeing on the metro
I guess you live in New york. Everything you say makes no fucking sense so far.

>Homeless people in general
The US has less homeless than france, the UK, and germany as percentage of population.

I'm an idiot and took the bait completely.
>>
>>66184160
If you go to public school and are pretty much given all the things that public school offers for free the least you can do is pledge allegiance, sucker.

Also, it isn't forced. You can just sit it out but true patriots will stand.
>>
>>66184919
>enforced by the government
What the fuck you talking about?
Some restaurants are dicks and include the tip in the bill, but most places let you tip how much you want to tip.

You can just not tip and leave. You are going to be seen as an asshole, but you aren't force m8.
>>
>>66185167
>>66185112
Oh, shit it's true.
>>
>>66185550
KEK
>>
>>66185978
>Subway
>Tip
WTF.
>>
>>66186999
I live near Cincy and the local niggers are extremely racist against white people.
>>
IIT: American Salt
>>
weird things americans do

>get butthurt and untra-nationalistic when something points out weird thing about their country
>>
Haven't heard the Pledge since I was in grade school. I doubt most Americans above the age of 20 could recite it without messing it up. You are probably confusing the Pledge with the national anthem.
>>
>>66188252
>Butthurt
It's not butthurt it's just that almost everything he posted is a fucking lie.

It's like--maybe--he got a proxy and decided to post this shit. Makes no sense. People wearing cowboy hats and homeless peeing in the metro. Where the fuck he live?
>>
You in highschool OP
>>
I could respond to you. But, I am going to continue ignoring you.
>>
>>66188275
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United states of America and the republic for which it stands. One nation, under god, indivisible, for liberty and justice for all.

I didn't google it. I swear.
>>
>>66188300
>>66188309
Delet your posts
>>
>>66188322
Ask someone who has been out of school for more than a couple of years.
>>
>>66188344
Why?
>>
>>66188375
Third year of Uni now.
almost 4 years out of high school.
>>
>>66186999

Kek no. People that live near blacks in major cities are the most racist
>>
>>66188436
This is true but southern racism is more overt. White people up north will only talk about "niggers" in the presence of other whites. In Dixie I've heard people using racial epitaphs in public around blacks fairly openly. I guess there are different social expectations. I feel like you'd get your head busted in for saying nigger to a black man/ woman in most northern states.
>>
File: feel.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>66185469
>tfw NZ banned ferret ownership 13 years ago
>>
File: average_american.jpg (158KB, 499x413px) Image search: [Google]
average_american.jpg
158KB, 499x413px
>>66180782
>pledge of allegiance
>casual fascism
Well, as you've already realised, and as you can see when reading through the posts ITT, 'Muricans are being brainwashed since birth to

>>66184223
>Sorry if you don't like Nationalism. I guess not everyone can feel pride for the place they live.
>>66184258
>What's so strange about pledging your loyalty to your nation and being taught to uphold your obligations and responsibilities as citizens?
>>66184335
>you'll just be seen as an edgelord if you don't do it.
>>66188059
>the least you can do is pledge allegiance, sucker.

They're just a little more intelligent than your average ape. Just enough to receive their daily dosage of fat, starch and propaganda to turn them into these mindless following barbarians that would gladly die for this Jewish corporation they believe to be a 'country'.
>>
>>66189156
Someone post the Merkel webm.
>>
>>66184160
I 100% agree.

The entire concept of indoctrinating children into something like that is abhorrent to me.

It actually makes my skin crawl.

If the kid is too young to understand what he's saying, then he's too young to pledge that kind of commitment.

If he's old enough to understand what it means, then he's old enough to make that choice for himself, and shouldn't be coerced into doing it by an institution with authourity.
Anything else is fucking fascism.
>>
>>66185408
>mfw it's going to stay this way
Influxes of more hipsters like yourself will ruin it soon enough.
>>
>>66189156
Germany is a country with on balls.
It was castrated during WWII, and the only way they can defend their lack of nationalism is by calling everyone with pride in their country an idiot.

Stay cucked.

Like everything in life, Everything in excess is bad. Ultranationalism is bad, but a little bit is good for country cohesion.
>>
>>66189209
I find it amusing how some people think that all forms of nationalism are bad.

It isn't. Facism is when you take nationalism to a much greater level. In no way does the US pledge of allegiance make it seem like we are superior to others or anything like that.

It's merely a pledge of loyalty to the country that you live in and provides you with many thing like free education.

That is the most you will ever be asked to do for the US in your life. That is if you don't plan to go to college.
>>
File: jew_control.jpg (52KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
jew_control.jpg
52KB, 499x500px
>>66189189
Thank you. You reminded me that I forgot to mention one of your major characteristics: Hostility towards any non-employees of Shlomo corp. Any time someone points out the obvious, you resort to just post plain shit about someone's political origin, with the argument structure of a child.

See, this is the difference my shaved baboon friend. I don't give a flying shit about any 'country' I live in, same as the other fictional borders some rich asshole tries to force on me. I believe in human evolution and the rule of science for the good of all humanity.

But you just go ahead and pray to your imaginary sorcerer in the sky. Pledge allegiance to your imaginary tribe. And most importantly follow the will of your master to destroy your imaginary enemies.
>>
>>66189264
see >>66189379
and realise that in fact YOU are the cuck.
>>
Why are leafs such pathetic cucks? It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>66189357
Pledging loyalty to something isn't wrong, but a pledge that isn't made freely, simply isn't a real pledge. It's meaningless.

How can you people not understand that?
>>
>>66180782
> be on plane
> heading to Arizona
> plane hits the runway
> entire plane starts clapping

What did the Americans mean by this?
>>
>>66189379
>I don't give a flying shit about any 'country' I live in, same as the other fictional borders some rich asshole tries to force on me.
I thought the same when I was in middle school.

>all that shit after this
*tiptip*
>>
>>66189524
But they aren't forced.
You can sit out the pledge.

Some teacher may make the mistake of encouraging their students to do the pledge, but for the most part the pledge quite a routinely thing that you can skip if that is what you want.

I can see where you are coming from, but I really don't think it's a threat in any way and its good because it foments a tiny bit of patriotism in children.
>>
>>66189357
>implying there is any sense of civic nationalism in the west and it's not just misplaced jingoism
>>
>>66189567
I had this experience once.
I also thought it was strange. But some people are very anxious to flying and terrorist fears only worsened things.
>>
>>66189588
The social pressure is still there, and you're still putting children through the motions of something that is far more significant than they're capable of grasping.

Children aren't ready for pledges of allegiance for the same reason they aren't ready for marriage vows.

They can't know what they're swearing.

So the only result is that you get the used to the idea of doing it while they're too young to question it, and hope that they internalize it without knowing it? That it becomes habitual but without them actually thinking about it?

If there was any sense to the practice it wouldn't be taught until after a child reaches the age of consent.
>>
File: YZr57Pd.jpg (42KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
YZr57Pd.jpg
42KB, 500x638px
>>66189379
*tip**tip*
>>
>>66189568
>I thought the same when I was in middle school.
Well, then you held on to your mind for a lot longer than the average Americuck. congrats.
>>
>>66189688
don't wast your time. they can't be reasoned with. it sits too deep.
>>
>>66189764
Yeah, the enlightened german has spoken.
Ignore the plebians.

*Tips*

And then Yuros have the gull to call us the arrogant ones.
>>
>>66189712
Oh yes, you're right. I see my mistake, now that you've put me in my place with your internet meme. I'm sorry.

Don't forget to vote for your next president because it is very important to act as if you have a political choice to elect the next clown mask for Shlomo corp.

>>66189794
How am I arrogant? I'm the most docile cocksucking pleb around here. I just merely point out the obvious and express what YOU probably really think, deep under those layers of retardation that you're trained to show, but would never openly confess. That's okay though.
>>
File: 98794312313545676.jpg (61KB, 953x710px) Image search: [Google]
98794312313545676.jpg
61KB, 953x710px
>>66189870
>>
>>66180782
>wearing shoes indoors
this actually real? i thought it was just the actors in movies being too lazy to take off their shoes up to this point

doesn't wearing shoes indoors make your floors all muddy and dirty as shit, americans? why do you wear shoes indoors like some uncivilized niggers?
>>
>>66190123
>doesn't wearing shoes indoors make your floors all muddy and dirty as shit, americans?

no, because we have paved streets and sidewalks
>>
>>66190476
so do we
i guess the take your shoes off when you enter the house sticked with us since the majority of our population went from being illiterate dirty village pig herders to concrete jungle factory workers in less than 10 years thanks to sovietbux.

right now taking off your shoes here is more of a mandatory formality than a precaution against turning your apartment into a mud pit
>>
>>66180782
>wearing shoes jndoors
>fried chicken
>casual racism
>casual fascism
>sitting on the roof
>having 3 pets
I do all of these things
>>
>>66184348
>Liechtenstein
What's it like being rich, friendo?
>>
File: 458754678.jpg (455KB, 4272x3204px) Image search: [Google]
458754678.jpg
455KB, 4272x3204px
I don't believe in America. I never seen an American irl
I only saw them on TV and interbutt. This ""America"" is all made up by Britbongs. Do they really think that a retarded country like that exist? I don't buy it.

pic related: an English actor.
>>
>wearing shoes indoors
What's wrong with this? Are you Bosnian?
>>
>>66191980
Maybe he is Portuguese
>>
>Throughout my entire time attending Elementary and Middle school only ever have to do the Pledge once a week
>Get to highschool
>Have to do it every day
>Of every week
>Of every month
>For 4 years
>>
>>66192186
stop posting pictures of me
>>
>>66189567
they're clapping because the tires didn't overheat from the 120 degree heat and they all didn't die aboard. i'd clap too.
>>
>>66184571
>capitalize american
I won't; simply out of a lack of respect
>>
>>66192186
It's all just a more elaborate Bielefeld-Verschwörung
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.